• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Average silver premiums

monkstax

Hi Guys,

I was wondering what the average premiums on coins such as Britannia's, australian lunar series etc are?

What type of prices do these coins go for on the forum? (I am a non premium member so I cant really see all the trade posts) 

I understand that selling on ebay can be more profitable but would like to know how big the difference in prices are?

Many Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to write your excellent reply!

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

All very subjective I'm afraid but I will give you my opinion based on what I have seen sold for and have seen available recently. 

1oz britannias ( say 2018 until now) £25-27 each ,maybe a slight reduction for full tube.

1oz maples £25-£27

1oz krugerands £25-£27

1oz American eagles type 1  £27-£30

Standard ( non proof or special years) kookaburra and koalas £25-£30 varies a lot

Chinese pandas £27 up to £45 depending on rarity 

Kilo bars will vary depending on brand but £730 seems current average posted ( £12.15 postage cost)

250gram bars £190-£210

100gram bars £78-£100

10oz bars will vary massively but are around £260 average depending on brand/minted/cast etc

5 oz bars and coins £130 average 

1oz bars depending on brand £25-£32

2 hours ago, monkstax said:

Hi Guys,

I was wondering what the average premiums on coins such as Britannia's, australian lunar series etc are?

What type of prices do these coins go for on the forum? (I am a non premium member so I cant really see all the trade posts) 

I understand that selling on ebay can be more profitable but would like to know how big the difference in prices are?

Many Thanks

As James said on premiums and depending on your spending budget it is deffo worth while getting a membership, I made mine pay for itself over and over again as the best deals will more likely be gone when you get to see them

Some sales threads can literally be on for under a minute depending on what and cost 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

12 minutes ago, monkstax said:

I guess as they are the largest, the greater the quantity you buy the lower the premium

sometimes that's the the case  it's often  cheaper to buy the coins in 1oz then  the bars in 5oz and 10oz also 2oz coins on here seems to be more per oz then 1oz coins

Edited by Rains

25 minutes ago, Rains said:

sometimes that's the the case  it's often  cheaper to buy the coins in 1oz then  the bars in 5oz and 10oz also 2oz coins on here seems to be more per oz then 1oz coins

The two oz being more than the one oz is because of premium x2 at the mint then vat (for current stuff) ( then a few pounds extra) if items are older and sought after), so as long as you can get them a few £s cheaper than any current dealer its a win...what ever premium you pay now will be recouped when selling.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, James32 said:

The two oz being more than the one oz is because of premium x2 at the mint then vat (for current stuff) ( then a few pounds extra) if items are older and sought after), so as long as you can get them a few £s cheaper than any current dealer its a win...what ever premium you pay now will be recouped when selling.

It makes sense i was just referring to the comment of buying more weight means cheaper thanks for explanation 🙂

6 minutes ago, Rains said:

It makes sense i was just referring to the comment of buying more weight means cheaper thanks for explanation 🙂

I actually agree with you and think it should be x times 2 tbh.

They are already geared up to make said coin in 2oz and would sell a lot more if they kept premiums consistent across the board.

Try buying a kilo from the mint today and it will make your eyes water, the reason most on here can afford to sell ( kilos) at the price they do ,is because their bars are years old and now in profit ( I've sold over 10 kilo bars and I purchasedall from dealers with full premiums and vat) I never knew the forum existed or group orders were being done at the time. everything has a cycle though and what you buy today will se you well in 5 years ( don't get me wrong, some people rip the arris out of it but most on here are extremely fair and leave some meat on the bone for the next owner)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 minutes ago, James32 said:

I actually agree with you and think it should be x times 2 tbh.

They are already geared up to make said coin in 2oz and would sell a lot more if they kept premiums consistent across the board.

Try buying a kilo from the mint today and it will make your eyes water, the reason most on here can afford to sell ( kilos) at the price they do ,is because their bars are years old and now in profit ( I've sold over 10 kilo bars and I purchasedall from dealers with full premiums and vat) I never knew the forum existed or group orders were being done at the time. everything has a cycle though and what you buy today will se you well in 5 years ( don't get me wrong, some people rip the arris out of it but most on here are extremely fair and leave some meat on the bone for the next owner)

Indeed i would rather buy the 2oz coins the completer ones are lovely I'm  glad I've found this place i think 1kg bar from dealer is £900 😬

2 hours ago, Paul said:

If you want the lowest %premium possible just use bullionvault

Do you have experience with bullionvault please Paul? I'd be grateful for any advice you can share. I have been considering trying them out myself, but members in the forum often say silver can't be bought VAT free & you should always get it delivered, obviously not possible with bullionvault. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Rains said:

i think 1kg bar from dealer is £900 😬

About £100 less:

Price Comparison Against Other UK Bullion Dealers - Updated at 10-Apr-2022 04:12

Qty Chards (Excl Delivery) Chards (Inc Delivery) B* G* A AB BB SP UKB
1 £800.44 £811.44 £871.92 £860.40 £835.96 £844.20 £813.66 £843.60 £890.50
5 £798.04 £803.76 £867.72 £854.16 £805.07 £818.52 £810.06 £835.16 £881.59
10 £796.84 £801.46 £866.04 £852.48 £803.50 £814.92 £806.46 £830.94 £877.14
25 £795.64 £798.87 £864.36 £849.96 £800.52 £807.60 £804.06 £826.73 £872.69
50 £795.04 £798.03 £861.00 £847.56 £800.14 £807.60 £801.66 £818.29 £872.69
100 £790.84 £793.48 £857.64 £846.72 £799.88 £807.60 £799.26 £818.29 £870.01

The above prices are for new ones "our choice".

Secondary market ones are generally lower prices, when available, which is not always.

VAT free ones are also available, if you are happy with offshore storage.

Also:

https://www.chards.co.uk/2011-silver-britannia-one-ounce-bullion-coin/736

2011 1 oz Silver Britannia Bullion Coin
Limited Time Special Offer
Buy the 2011 Britannia 1 oz Silver Uncirculated Coin

Featuring two powerful icons of Great Britain, the Union Jack and Britannia, this one ounce uncirculated coin is struck in Britannia silver, 0.958 fineness. Collect the whole series of Britannia coins.

This coin comes loose and you can add a 41mm capsule and gift wrapping to your order in the basket.

Promotion - Ends 6th May
£26.71
(Special Scheme Inc. VAT)

Postage extra, unless you call in to collect, a facility which not everyone offers!

😎

Chards

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, HillWalkerDundee said:

I sometimes watch Youtube videos and so many posters recommend getting in with your local coin store. I looked in at the only store in Dundee and they were charging £40 for a one ounce coin. I think TSF is my local coin store

It’s the same at mine, usually Britannias, all at least £30 plus, loads of the sets of coins in cards and then some nice proof sovereigns. I know he sells on eBay, but I suppose if you have bricks and mortar then you have bills to pay. Must do ok as he has been there years!