• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tudor Beasts - Yale of Beaufort

4 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Interesting these are not sold out yet in spite of a limited edition of 500...special editions don't seem to need going great right now, though maybe that's a good thing for actual collectors?

Could be...

But the site would only let me buy one when I logged in this morning - wouldn't even take me back to the page while I was still logged in after purchasing it, so that may have something to do with it - as the Flippers would not have been able to buy multiple items?

Looks like there's around 180 left in total currently...  🤔

Edited by Scootermuppet
spellings

4 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Could be...

But the site would only let me buy one when I logged in this morning - wouldn't even take me back to the page while I was still logged in after purchasing it, so that may have something to do with it - as the Flippers would not have been able to buy multiple items?

Looks like there's around 180 left in total currently...  🤔

Seems like a no brainer choice really to get these sets when they are this limited, could have a bit of upside in the future but I thought it would be nice to collect a full series for the first time

Just now, apachebleu said:

Seems like a no brainer choice really to get these sets when they are this limited, could have a bit of upside in the future but I thought it would be nice to collect a full series for the first time

Same here, got the first one as I like reverse proof coins, missed the second, but managed to pick a set up from the Forum, so decided to carry on with the 2 coin sets, and got my Yales this morning 😊 - not collected a full series before either 👍

Buying these because I like the reverse Proof versions, and if they make a few quid in the future, that's a bonus - not the main reason for buying them.

8 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Well initially they had said the free 10-coin box would be sent with the second coin in the series; then they said the third; and now there’s no mention of it at all. 

Yeah it’s possible I guess - that makes sense. 

Most likely going to go back on it,as it's selling c**p lol.

1 minute ago, blackadder said:

Most likely going to go back on it,as it's selling c**p lol.

I'm prepared to bet they appear in the black Friday sale along with the unsold coins.

Shame as it was a nice idea, I really don't get why there was no continuation offering for the double set

14 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

I'm prepared to bet they appear in the black Friday sale along with the unsold coins.

Shame as it was a nice idea, I really don't get why there was no continuation offering for the double set

Or they are going to drag it out until the sixth or more coin until they hand over the box.

As they no people will cancel after getting the box :P As it's what i was going to do hehe.

21 hours ago, blackadder said:

Or they are going to drag it out until the sixth or more coin until they hand over the box.

As they no people will cancel after getting the box :P As it's what i was going to do hehe.

The 1oz said coin 3 this morning, now it is 

• Receive a complimentary coin case, which you can use to safely store your ten-coin set. This will be delivered later in the series.

Becoming a joke now 

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/the-royal-tudor-beasts/one-ounce-silver-proof-ten-coin-series

17 minutes ago, Aidy said:

The 1oz said coin 3 this morning, now it is 

• Receive a complimentary coin case, which you can use to safely store your ten-coin set. This will be delivered later in the series.

Becoming a joke now 

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/the-royal-tudor-beasts/one-ounce-silver-proof-ten-coin-series

Yeah as they know people will cancel,As these coins are selling for £55 odd now.

So get the box and cancel then buy your coins half price after :P

Is this not however false advertising now,As i'm sure many bought due to the added bonus of a case.

I bet they change the case to a cardboard £1.99 thing to.

Seeing the bullion design for the Yale only confirms my decision not to collect this series in bullion. 

I was on the fence before - I quite like the Lion - but I don't particularly like the Panther and I definitely don't like the Yale.

The Queen's Beasts series designs are way better in my opinion.

But treating them as gold bullion, I would be happy to own them as part of a stack or collection if I didn't already have a stack or collection.

4 hours ago, westminstrel said:

It was £210 I think for the 1 Oz silver proof and reverse proof set.

The 1 Oz must’ve been £105 in that case. 

4 hours ago, blackadder said:

yeah i was charged £105 and it was £100 with postage for the last one.

I paid £210 for the 2 coin set too… (now £190 by the way)

A call to RM customer services is in order I think… and if I don’t get a refund of the difference, I’ll be sending the dearer set back and re buying…

And if I miss out on the lower price version they can have the Yale 2 coin set back and I’ll be selling the first two sets I have and that’ll be the last Silver I ever buy from RM… 

Edited by Scootermuppet
Info added

24 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

I paid £210 for the 2 coin set too… (now £190 by the way)

A call to RM customer services is in order I think… and if I don’t get a refund of the difference, I’ll be sending the dearer set back and re buying…

And if I miss out on the lower price version they can have the Yale 2 coin set back and I’ll be selling the first two sets I have and that’ll be the last Silver I ever buy from RM… 

If you just buy the 1oz proof its only £95 with free postage,As added it to my basket to check :(

So it's not £100 even so been ripped off,Sent them an email asking why.

7 hours ago, westminstrel said:

It was £210 I think for the 1 Oz silver proof and reverse proof set.

The 1 Oz must’ve been £105 in that case. 

It was £95 for the 1oz Panther proof. I’ve decided this series isn’t for me in silver proof so I stopped and decided to just get the 2oz bullion coins instead. 

If judging by the Queen’s Beasts the 2oz bullion coins still seem to sell for a premium.

I’m really surprised that RM have charged £10 extra for the 3rd Yale release despite the price of silver going down.

20 minutes ago, Foster88 said:

It was £95 for the 1oz Panther proof. I’ve decided this series isn’t for me in silver proof so I stopped and decided to just get the 2oz bullion coins instead. 

If judging by the Queen’s Beasts the 2oz bullion coins still seem to sell for a premium.

I’m really surprised that RM have charged £10 extra for the 3rd Yale release despite the price of silver going down.

The extra £10 must be a mistake,as it's back to £95 on the site 😕 why would anyone continue the pre order thing,if you can just order for £10 cheaper on the day.

Most likely better of with the bullion as you say,plus can get two coins for the same price.