• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Tudor Beasts - Yale of Beaufort

9 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Looks like the Yale of Beaufort is the next beast being released in this series.

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4016560

Denominations:

- Gold proof: 2 kg, 1 kg, 10 oz piedfort, 5 oz, 2 oz, 1 oz, 1/4 oz 

- Gold bullion: 1 oz, 1/4 oz

- Silver proof: 2 kg, 1 kg, 10 oz piedfort, 5 oz, 2 oz, 1 oz

- Silver bullion: 10 oz, 2 oz

- Platinum bullion: 1 oz 

Old hawk eyes!

😎

Chards

• 5 months later...
33 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

These are out tomorrow then… (1st September) Anyone going to be queuing? 🤔 and if so, what are you going for…?

I'll get some bullion gold for sure. Probably rather wait for other dealers to get them online that try and work the RM website. Maybe that's just me though

Well initially they had said the free 10-coin box would be sent with the second coin in the series; then they said the third; and now there’s no mention of it at all. 

4 minutes ago, Scootermuppet said:

Guess they sold them all after the Lion came out...? 🤔

Yeah it’s possible I guess - that makes sense. 

7 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

The mintage on the reverse proof sets has halved to 500, was 1000 for the panther, not sure about the Lion. Seems like the logical choice to me.

Yep, 1000 for both the Lion and the Panther - wasn't going to miss this one at a 500 mintage 😁 - looks like it'll only let you buy one as well - I can't even get back to the page now I have bought mine... 🤔

Ooh, and I got Free delivery too! Bonus 😏

Edited by Scootermuppet

1 minute ago, Scootermuppet said:

Yep, 1000 for both the Lion and the Panther - wasn't going to miss this one at a 500 mintage 😁 - looks like it'll only let you buy one as well - I can't even get back to the page now I have bought mine... 🤔

Ah, was thinking of getting a second, but I guess not.

3 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

Ah, was thinking of getting a second, but I guess not.

I can get to the page in another browser - but I'm guessing it's account linked, so would probably stop you once you logged in if you already purchased one...?  "Anti-Flipper" technology perhaps? 🤭 😅

... and around 200 left now by all accounts!

Edited by Scootermuppet
added information

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

Didn’t realize this was a 2023 coin.

I got the reverse proof as that’s what I’ve been collecting. 

I didn't spot that until I was reading through my order confirmation! 😂  makes sense I guess... and yes, I'd decided to go with the reverse proof sets too, even before they reduced the mintage

5 minutes ago, JamesH said:

Still pontificating over 1/4 gold or 1oz platinum. Am sure I’ll still be mulling it over in 24hrs time. Either way will mean having to pick up the lion in the same format 🤔

How well do these designs translate on smaller coins?

I’ve only seen the 1 Oz silver which is quite large.

13 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

How well do these designs translate on smaller coins?

I’ve only seen the 1 Oz silver which is quite large.

Very limited experience but have a couple of 1/4 from the QB range and whilst I don’t have a full oz to compare against, the design looks good to me on the 1/4