• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Binlord of the week on ebay

dicker

1 hour ago, dicker said:

There are many candidates this week.  Some for obvious fakes, some with photography that is just so awful you would think that someone had rubbed a tub of Vaseline on the lens.

But this one was worth a mail to the seller.  This 1885 is advertised as rare, it is not - Common in Marsh.

I did the good eBay citizen thing and asked why the seller thought it was rare when it is common in Marsh - was there a feature that was not obvious from the poor quality photos?

He was not a happy bunny AT ALL, and is arguing it is rare. I despair   

He has at least one other listed as rare….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304273045858?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CsYvh18SRQG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=bYgKomkjQOW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

E95F3987-F3F9-4A8E-B94E-92A56423E1FD.jpeg

I'll let him know it's one of the higher mintages this making it one of the least rare coins available 🤣🤣

Screenshot_2022-08-15-18-27-01-51_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

1 hour ago, StackerBritt said:

Be interested to hear what he says about your offer

Yep. He declined my fair offer. Not any counter offers made, so no discussion about rarity.

You can try all of you the same offer of £210, to make him see the truth about the real value of his "rare" coin.😁

Sorry stef2142, peteharri_6 has turned down your offer of £210.00. Make another offer before the item ends.

So this is basically a failure of eBay to innovate.

I wrote them a letter (not email) a year ago suggesting that they use some of the rarity and other “population” date for coins and gave them a basic design around how they could do this.  I even suggested that I could  do this for them for a fee… 

No reply received.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 hour ago, pricha said:

It's rare. 

All depends on grade with these coins 

Like my 1855 half sov ms61 I have listed it's not rare as in mintage but grade it is 

If it was a raw coin in MS grade and it was slabbed as MS you would be in for a decent profit its finding those diamonds in the rough is the hard bit 

Just now, Gordy said:

think so

Cool... I couldn't remember how long was left on it but hopefully a little friendly persuasion from a few good people from here helped to make him either aware it was a fake, made him grow a conscience or just made him realise the jig was up and he was caught peddling fakes. Either way.. it's good to see no-one got lumbered with this dud!! 

6 hours ago, scarecrow said:

I was always wary about using fleabay, but after reading this thread there is no way I would chance it unless it was a name that I recognised from the forum that I could check out first.

I agree.  Some of the prices are way too high - higher than equivalent coins easily sourced by dealers.

In a lot of cases it would be cheaper to buy from auction.

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/08/2022 at 20:29, dicker said:

Makes it all worthwhile doesn't it, when you see something beautiful and glorious like that.....