• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Binlord of the week on ebay

dicker

On 02/08/2022 at 19:47, dicker said:

I think there must have been a big import of counterfeit Krugs.  There are loads on eBay. 

Look at this c**p   

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/125438183481?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=1d0avbqltng&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=bYgKomkjQOW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The auction has finished, but appears the seller relisted the item or a similar one.

I spent an hour looking at eBay and I think it is worse than I have ever seen it in terms of counterfeit coins.

It is a complete, foul, mire of counterfeits and even worse people.

@ChrisSilver It may be worth a pinned topic on eBay (not this thread but a simple one warning people about eBay)

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

1 minute ago, dicker said:

I spent an hour looking at eBay and I think it is worse than I have ever seen it in terms of counterfeit coins.

It is a complete, foul, mire of counterfeits and even worse people.

@ChrisSilver It may be worth a pinned topic on eBay (not this thread but a simple one warning people about eBay)

Best

Dicker

Completely agree on all points. was always dicey at best, but lately it's atrocious. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, James32 said:

Completely agree on all points. was always dicey at best, but lately it's atrocious. 

I used to look at eBay to do spot the counterfeit as an educational journey.  Not it’s the complete opposite.  

18 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

Revealing that the unlucky successful bidder has a history of zero purchases on ebay, apparently. And there were only two other ignorant bidders.

It's a pity because there still are some perfectly genuine coins and people on ebay, unless I am completely deluding myself in my judgment of the photos and the owners' credentials.

33 minutes ago, RDHC said:

Revealing that the unlucky successful bidder has a history of zero purchases on ebay, apparently. And there were only two other ignorant bidders.

It's a pity because there still are some perfectly genuine coins and people on ebay, unless I am completely deluding myself in my judgment of the photos and the owners' credentials.

No... There's definitely some genuine folks still there. It's just unfortunate that people have to wade through all scammers and con artists on there. You could blame the buyers in part for not doing their homework before bidding but we've all done the impulse thing before. Unfortunately some people will get burnt by these types of binlords. 

40 minutes ago, RDHC said:

I looked at the winner and it could be a scammer pushing up his own prices to try and hook a real potential bidder. I'm not sure but seems a bit off. 

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

Off krugerrands for life 🤣🤣

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/314099651054

Beauty!

Poor Paul is looking less dignified in every iteration of the coin, nearing a Pinocchio like nose and Gordon Gecko like wet gel hair... also, his beard seems to be moving towards uniting with his chest hair...

Of course, reported.

Edited by Expat

• 2 weeks later...

There are many candidates this week.  Some for obvious fakes, some with photography that is just so awful you would think that someone had rubbed a tub of Vaseline on the lens.

But this one was worth a mail to the seller.  This 1885 is advertised as rare, it is not - Common in Marsh.

I did the good eBay citizen thing and asked why the seller thought it was rare when it is common in Marsh - was there a feature that was not obvious from the poor quality photos?

He was not a happy bunny AT ALL, and is arguing it is rare. I despair   

He has at least one other listed as rare….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304273045858?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CsYvh18SRQG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=bYgKomkjQOW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

E95F3987-F3F9-4A8E-B94E-92A56423E1FD.jpeg

10 minutes ago, dicker said:

There are many candidates this week.  Some for obvious fakes, some with photography that is just so awful you would think that someone had rubbed a tub of Vaseline on the lens.

But this one was worth a mail to the seller.  This 1885 is advertised as rare, it is not - Common in Marsh.

I did the good eBay citizen thing and asked why the seller thought it was rare when it is common in Marsh - was there a feature that was not obvious from the poor quality photos?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304273045858?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=CsYvh18SRQG&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=bYgKomkjQOW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

I try to help but get some nice attacks for my work, showing one seller how his chibi silver coins are 5% silver scams from China based on no tags to hold the pieces in place (obvious easy to spot)...to telling a guy his Vin number does not match his type of car so it was either a stolen car or a cut n shut..neither very good to have let alone try to sell..lol

8 minutes ago, dicker said:

There is a particular type of photographer who can manage to get the background in focus not the subject of the image.  All too common on eBay.  

That'll be me.

Good on you!

I don’t mind trying to help although what I find is people are defensive because they are either advertising counterfeit goods or mid describing the coins.  

18 minutes ago, dicker said:

At least this one is not selling fakes.

From pictures I can not see, maybe is a rare Melbourne Mint, who knows.

A London mint for example, is selling at a reputable dealer in Blackpool for £472 plus postage costs.

Anyway the seller above seems to be a bit easily riled if anyone else wants to ask about his “Rare” coins!

Edited by dicker

3 minutes ago, dicker said:

Anyway the seller above seems to be a bit easily riled if anyone else wants to ask about his “Rare” coins!

I have sent an offer of £210.

If he will accept, I will buy it.

If he will make a counter offer, we will talk.😁