• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Newly minted Silver addict from Scotland

Hi all, just stumbled into silver and discovered this place by chance on a boring night shift at work. So many tempting offers and can already see the benefit of buying/selling on here. 

Quick couple of questions:

Is it worth upgrading to a premium account, and how safe is buying and selling on here?

I'm starting with silver and looking towards gold in the future so any advice much appreciated.

Welcome!

Yes, the membership is worth it - maybe try the silver for 1 month and see how it goes for you.The best trade deals will go in minutes and are not visible to non premium members until a few days post listing.

Safety is down to you - there is a reputation system and, if you stick to established members with a track record, you're likely to be safe but make sure you do your own due diligence.

Take a bit of time to research and have a think before piling in - silver comes at a high premium at the moment and new silver incurs VAT so its very easy to end up 20% down on day one without even trying too hard! Gold, especially bullion gold bought at a sensible premium is (in my view) a far safer place to start whilst you find your feet - maybe half or full sovereigns?

33 minutes ago, Weirdfish9 said:

Is it worth upgrading to a premium account, and how safe is buying and selling on here?

Aye, its worth it imo. Safest place to trade on here.

34 minutes ago, Weirdfish9 said:

I'm starting with silver and looking towards gold in the future so any advice much appreciated.

Stick to Gold, Silver is far too manipulated. 

Thanks for the advice. I presumed the paid up members would be more trustworthy (although not guaranteed). Already experienced the dreaded silver tax. I bought a few Britannia's to get me started. As soon as they arrived I was hooked! Been researching and scouring the internet for last 3 night shifts now! 

2 minutes ago, Weirdfish9 said:

Thanks for the advice. I presumed the paid up members would be more trustworthy (although not guaranteed). Already experienced the dreaded silver tax. I bought a few Britannia's to get me started. As soon as they arrived I was hooked! Been researching and scouring the internet for last 3 night shifts now! 

If you are looking for a quick gain you are in for a reality check/eye opener. Id stack until retirement... No joke.

What silver coins are you after ? or are you interested in any ? I have a box full of Silver Proof coins that I could look at if you are interested. I started collecting again in 2017, all my Gold doubled in price in 2019/2020. I work night shifts, so I had time to do a lot of research, I found the Silver Forum when it had 1000 Members. I make the odd You Tube Video, I showcase some of the latest releases in Silver and Gold. Hope you enjoy the journey and the silver forum is a fountain of knowledge , lot's of knowledgeable Members on here.

As clockpuncher said (read his name carefully) 

I started on silver a while back and i love it, so many great designs compared to gold whereas gold is a good safe option like sovereigns

But of course the silver addiction kicks in and you do different series with differing premiums but take your time and look on here before other places as it tends to be cheaper than ebay most of the time and even bullion dealers as on here you are not paying VAT

The safety aspect can be a bit strange at first as complete strangers are giving out their bank details like kids sharing sweets but it's all based on trust and when you start to buy or even sell the best practice is taking pics of packages with address on and tracking if they have paid for signed for or SD and send them by direct message to the buyer, they normally do that when you buy off them.

The premium membership gives you immediate access to the sales threads without having to wait a few days when all the best deals are gone

that's all i think but i do have 1oz Silver Krugerrands for sale at present for £25.00 each in caps plus postage if you want some, i have 3 left 😂

Just a plug in case you cant see them yet due to just joining

oh and watch out for @James32 and @HerefordBullyun... they are bad boys and will corrupt you

SO ....

Enjoy the trip cos it is a trip... countdown is progressing..

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

I think I'll be aiming for bullion coins/bars. Seems easier to predict value for future resale. There is also a huge variety available to keep my collection interesting. I've just loaded up your YouTube site so that should help the rest of the night go quick! Much appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Gordy said:

I started on silver a while back and i love it, so many great designs compared to gold whereas gold is a good safe option like sovereigns

But of course the silver addiction kicks in and you do different series with differing premiums but take your time and look on here before other places as it tends to be cheaper than ebay most of the time and even bullion dealers as on here you are not paying VAT

The safety aspect can be a bit strange at first as complete strangers are giving out their bank details like kids sharing sweets but it's all based on trust and when you start to buy or even sell the best practice is taking pics of packages with address on and tracking if they have paid for signed for or SD and send them by direct message to the buyer, they normally do that when you buy off them.

The premium membership gives you immediate access to the sales threads without having to wait a few days when all the best deals are gone

that's all i think but i do have 1oz Silver Krugerrands for sale at present for £25.00 each in caps plus postage if you want some, i have 3 left 😂

oh and watch out for @James32 and @HerefordBullyun... they are bad boys and will corrupt you

SO ....

Thanks for the c**p reference! welcome to forum Weirdfish! Ignore Gordy the geordie hes drinks too much grape juice!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

3 minutes ago, Gordy said:

SO ....

see what I mean.... they lurk in the background and as soon as you tag them they are in like the Kray Twins... (or the chuckle brothers)

Lol, I'm going to like this place I reckon, although my wife may not appreciate the new stream of goodies arriving. Luckily she pretty much funds Amazon so I'm sure I can sneak them in between her constant stream of deliveries.

Thanks Gordy, appreciate the advice. 

Welcome aboard, some good advice above.

The only thing I could add is once you try the rest ,come and buy from the best 😁

On a serious note though, membership is vital if you're looking to buy and a decent amount, as by the time you can view a new listing ( 3 days) all the bargains or sought after stuff is long gone.

Some very bright minds on here and you will learn stuff without even trying.

I wish you luck and enjoyment your journey.

@Gordy is probably right about me and @HerefordBullyun but then again can you really trust a pirate in 2022😁

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, Weirdfish9 said:

Lol, I'm going to like this place I reckon, although my wife may not appreciate the new stream of goodies arriving. Luckily she pretty much funds Amazon so I'm sure I can sneak them in between her constant stream of deliveries.

Thanks Gordy, appreciate the advice. 

I try to buy my stuff and gauge when it will be delivered and try for a weekend when my missus is at work!!! 😂

Also if i like a good design I sometimes ask her to take a look and if its a design she thinks is great I say, "cannae buy it pet, i'm skint the noo" (she's from Craigmillar originally lol) and she'll say, go on, get it, i'll buy it.... haha

8 minutes ago, James32 said:

@Gordy is probably right about me and @HerefordBullyun 

Speak for ya bloomin self King James the 23rd is loaded I am a mere peasant who cant even flog silver above his breakeven price. if you need bargains come and bid on my auction which you will be able to view tomorrow to give you non members chance to bid. If you like doggies then I have the thing for you @Weirdfish9

I am poor as doormouse and only have 21 brits my name which I sadly lost in boating accident which @Gordy the pirate plundered! Im off for my supper consisting of dung now...... and do my star jumps naked as I cannot afford heating in these energy crises times

Edited by HerefordBullyun

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

2 minutes ago, HerefordBullyun said:

Speak for ya bloomin self King James the 23rd is loaded I am a mere peasant who cant even flog silver above his breakeven price. if you need bargains come and bid on my auction which you will be able to view tomorrow to give you non members chance to bid. If you like doggies then I have the thing for you @Weirdfish9

I am poor as doormouse and only have 21 brits my name which I sadly lost in boating accident which @Gordy the pirate plundered! Im off for my supper consisting of dung now...... and do my star jumps naked as I cannot afford heating in these energy crises times

Well it was nice while it lasted I suppose 🙃 @Weirdfish9 has just exited the building. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

7 hours ago, Weirdfish9 said:

Hi all, just stumbled into silver and discovered this place by chance on a boring night shift at work. So many tempting offers and can already see the benefit of buying/selling on here. 

Welcome to the forum. I like my premium account. I like to support the forum and it give me the opportunity to have first dibs on sale threads. And I only buy from members with positive feedback, but never had any problem.

Beware: Silver is a gateway metal towards gold. ;) 

16 hours ago, Weirdfish9 said:

Does "Newly minted Silver addict from Scotland"

mean you are addicted to "Newly minted silver", or are you a silver addict who is newly minted?

😎

Chards