• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint British Monarchs Collection

harrygill111

12 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@MancunianStacker Looking at prices I will try wait for some 70's to come back to hopefully lower market price. Bit of FOMO for me with these ones. Really like the design now. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294813391210

Might be worth bidding on that one 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

51 minutes ago, FlorinCollector said:

@MancunianStacker Looking at prices I will try wait for some 70's to come back to hopefully lower market price. Bit of FOMO for me with these ones. Really like the design now. 

I’m trying to do the 2oz silver series 😬 

Good luck with the 1oz quest matey 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Just now, MancunianStacker said:

I’m trying to do the 2oz silver series 😬 

Good luck with the 1oz quest matey 

Wonder are they going to do what they did with the gothics going forward....anyone who purchased gets an offer of next coin whether they chose continuity or not.

6 minutes ago, James32 said:

Wonder are they going to do what they did with the gothics going forward....anyone who purchased gets an offer of next coin whether they chose continuity or not.

I asked my AM there but she said there weren’t going continuity due to the size of the series 🙄 an option would have been nice  to avoid another 20 x 9am scrambles 😂 

Edited by MancunianStacker

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Just now, MancunianStacker said:

I asked my AM there but she said there weren’t going continuity due to the size of the series 🙄 an option would have been nice  to avoid another 20 x 9am scrambles 😂 

To be honest the queue for me is the best part.

Nothing like trying to log on from 8.20 the day before just to end up at 3k+ number 🤣 really sets you up for the day ahead.

Or if you get lucky enough to enter whilst still items available, the adrenaline makes you forget what you wanted to buy.

16 hours ago, dikefalos said:

Fingers crossed, that they will offer from coin to coin previous buyers the next release. I'm the unluckiest guy on the planet, if it comes to the RM queue. 

I wrote to the RM and asked if there is a continuity program for those who have purchased the first coin, and I was told no.

32 minutes ago, JeffM said:

I wrote to the RM and asked if there is a continuity program for those who have purchased the first coin, and I was told no.

I called them and was told, they not even sure, if they continue this series and Henry was only a test. I wished, i could say whatever i want and people still coming to my Business like stupid. 

2 minutes ago, dikefalos said:

I called them and was told, they not even sure, if they continue this series and Henry was only a test. I wished, i could say whatever i want and people still coming to my Business like stupid. 

Ahhhaaahhhhaaa open a brothel and they shall come😁

13 hours ago, dikefalos said:

Wait what? They may not continue the entire series? 😳

I sort of like the series, and hope if they decide to change anything about it, they will spread it out over more years, instead of the intense schedule they currently have planned.

The current schedule is potentially stressing their production cycle, and also certainly our pockets. Luckily I have gone with the cheapest 1 Oz silver. 😀

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Wait what? They may not continue the entire series? 😳

I sort of like the series, and hope if they decide to change anything about it, they will spread it out over more years, instead of the intense schedule they currently have planned.

The current schedule is potentially stressing their production cycle, and also certainly our pockets. Luckily I have gone with the cheapest 1 Oz silver. 😀

I don't think, that this is true. Them always say, not sure/not planned/no informations yet... until the official release information. We will see. 

1 hour ago, dikefalos said:

I don't think, that this is true. Them always say, not sure/not planned/no informations yet... until the official release information. We will see. 

Indeed that’s also true. I do like this series and would like to have the complete 21 coin set in 1 Oz silver.

At less than £100 per coin, it is an affordable way to collect a pretty nice series over 6 years.

51 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Indeed that’s also true. I do like this series and would like to have the complete 21 coin set in 1 Oz silver.

At less than £100 per coin, it is an affordable way to collect a pretty nice series over 6 years.

I think its got the potential to be a great series. Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, dikefalos said:

No official release date, or which James I coin, yet. Also no guess by @westminstrel, the official monarchs series coin oracle, which coin will follow. 😰

Whenever I write to the RM requesting a release date, I receive a stock reply that they cannot give out this information and to just keep checking their website.  They have even cited Brexit as an excuse.

2 hours ago, dikefalos said:

No official release date, or which James I coin, yet. Also no guess by @westminstrel, the official monarchs series coin oracle, which coin will follow. 😰

My friend I have been busy with RL and haven’t had time to research, but I promise I will. 🙂 It’ll be fun and maybe we’ll learn someone else is the oracle this time. 🙂

Okay so I made time to do some research especially for @dikefalos, @NewCoins and @SilverJacks 😀

Firstly, James I had quite a few portraits during his reign (some are so detailed and gorgeous, despite being hammered coins, that it puts current RM designers to shame with their bland and easy designs!).

I have tried to narrow down my guesses to coins that use the exact same inscription specified in the Gazette entry.

IACOBVS · D : G : MAG : BRIT : FRAN : ET · HIB : REX ·

The coins also have all sorts of mint marks on the obverse, so it’ll be interesting to see if one of these are also reproduced or omitted.

Here we go…

James I Unite. Second coinage, 1604-19; second bust. Lis mint mark.

image.jpeg.e25bc036026eac4b512406be5539d6ad.jpeg

James I Unite. Second coinage, 1604-19; fourth bust. Rose mint mark.

image.jpeg.bddaf7915400f5aa2bd741ce03bb37d8.jpeg

James I Double Crown. Second coinage, 1604-1619; fourth bust. Coronet mint mark.

image.jpeg.892e27116d2933740a0786a3c4d48ce2.jpeg

The RM had sold one of these at one point, with a “rose to bell” mint mark (whatever that means).

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/historic-coins/monarch/james-i/James-I-Gold-Double-Crown-second-Coinage-NGC-XF45/

James I Laurel. Third coinage, 1619-1620; first bust. Spur rowel mint mark.

image.jpeg.883492e82e75528fb7702e01e37357d2.jpeg

Scottish Double Crown

image.jpeg.69f8267c7db2449d9f02af29c3eea904.jpeg

As for my guess… I have none.

I would love to see the Second coinage, second bust (the first pic above) because the portrait is so detailed and lovely. Also, the crown extends to the inscription and has an off-kilter but imposing presence.

However I think the RM will take the easy and safe path, and pick a design that is easy to replicate, like the Second coinage, fourth bust (second pic) or Scottish Double Crown (last pic) because the portrait is simple, and also fits neatly within the outer inscription circle.

What are your guesses? 🙂

Edited by westminstrel

5 hours ago, westminstrel said:

Okay so I made time to do some research especially for @dikefalos, @NewCoins and @SilverJacks 😀

Firstly, James I had quite a few portraits during his reign (some are so detailed and gorgeous, despite being hammered coins, that it puts current RM designers to shame with their bland and easy designs!).

I have tried to narrow down my guesses to coins that use the exact same inscription specified in the Gazette entry.

IACOBVS · D : G : MAG : BRIT : FRAN : ET · HIB : REX ·

The coins also have all sorts of mint marks on the obverse, so it’ll be interesting to see if one of these are also reproduced or omitted.

Here we go…

James I Unite. Second coinage, 1604-19; second bust. Lis mint mark.

image.jpeg.e25bc036026eac4b512406be5539d6ad.jpeg

James I Unite. Second coinage, 1604-19; fourth bust. Rose mint mark.

image.jpeg.bddaf7915400f5aa2bd741ce03bb37d8.jpeg

James I Double Crown. Second coinage, 1604-1619; fourth bust. Coronet mint mark.

image.jpeg.892e27116d2933740a0786a3c4d48ce2.jpeg

The RM had sold one of these at one point, with a “rose to bell” mint mark (whatever that means).

https://www.royalmint.com/our-coins/ranges/historic-coins/monarch/james-i/James-I-Gold-Double-Crown-second-Coinage-NGC-XF45/

James I Laurel. Third coinage, 1619-1620; first bust. Spur rowel mint mark.

image.jpeg.883492e82e75528fb7702e01e37357d2.jpeg

Scottish Double Crown

image.jpeg.69f8267c7db2449d9f02af29c3eea904.jpeg

As for my guess… I have none.

I would love to see the Second coinage, second bust (the first pic above) because the portrait is so detailed and lovely. Also, the crown extends to the inscription and has an off-kilter but imposing presence.

However I think the RM will take the easy and safe path, and pick a design that is easy to replicate, like the Second coinage, fourth bust (second pic) or Scottish Double Crown (last pic) because the portrait is simple, and also fits neatly within the outer inscription circle.

What are your guesses? 🙂

I like them all 😊 

An inscription around the bust is gonna look awesome! 
if I had to choose a preferred option it’s the second one down on the list, although the fourth and fifth are awesome too, and the first one , and third one.