• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

2023 UK Gold Sovereign Design Forecast and Images

LawrenceChard

the disign is without doubt, i like silver mix cupper the color must be beautiful(of course more silver) BUt i think i will pass 2023and wait for more 5years and get a 5 coin set......

Edited by JJH

On 16/11/2021 at 11:19, danmc82 said:

@ChardsCoinandBullionDealer Any idea when you'll be getting these in?

We might have to wait a year.

I could work on getting some unofficial trial pieces made early, but I think the Royal Mint might take a dim view.

I know some of my writing gets quite lengthy, but I might end up with a very long sentence.

Would any TSF members come and visit me?

😎

Edited by LawrenceChard

Chards

4 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

After yesterday's high in the rush for 2022 UK Gold Proof Sovereign range, I thought it was about time to reveal my forecast for 2023:

2023MOCKUPgodlsovereignstgeorgeyellowgoldcrop.thumb.jpg.6fa69ed1849280a64bb6b068b6c4e949.jpg

😎

You've got to admit, this design does have some class to it.  I've aleady marked 14th November 2022 in my diary!

2 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

I could work on getting some unofficial trial pieces made early, but I think the Royal Mint might take a dim view.

😎

As long as your trial pieces did not have any faults, they could not be confused with RM products.

Gold should look gold. Period.

#sherlockholmesmodeon

If you take a closer look to the word Gold and how it is used one can vaguely see that there is a hint in the name 'Gold' itself. 

For example a Gold coin is Gold colored. A golden sunrise is golden. In both examples the Gold suggest a colour, a golden colour.

Let's take a closer look at some colours: 

colours.thumb.png.2176bab42045fd1d5dfc37dc909f7b4c.png

Going by the official colour code chart Gold is golden. Not a redish-goldish-ish colour. 

#Sherlockmodeoff 

4 hours ago, Jvw said:

Gold should look gold. Period.

#sherlockholmesmodeon

If you take a closer look to the word Gold and how it is used one can vaguely see that there is a hint in the name 'Gold' itself. 

For example a Gold coin is Gold colored. A golden sunrise is golden. In both examples the Gold suggest a colour, a golden colour.

Let's take a closer look at some colours: 

colours.thumb.png.2176bab42045fd1d5dfc37dc909f7b4c.png

Going by the official colour code chart Gold is golden. Not a redish-goldish-ish colour. 

#Sherlockmodeoff 

Thanks, that's a great contribution.

I just got a message from Doug "I saw this table in TSF thread....and added an accurate addition of Royal Mint gold. RGB data and hex taken from the examples they publish. It's actually PINK!! You might want to do an "I fixed that for you!"":

goldcolourcodeschartwithRoyalMintcolours.thumb.jpg.64dd3fca0a595b4dd81b466248ee329f.jpg

Actually, the recent Royal Mint gold sovereigns colour looks like it should be somewhere between saddlebrown and sienna, but that is alphabetically speaking. 😎

Doug also provided:

royalmintgold.JPG.7f05ab894864e63d7bb9c27eb13697a1.JPG

As evidence.

Chards

• 9 months later...
On 16/11/2021 at 11:17, LawrenceChard said:

After yesterday's high in the rush for 2022 UK Gold Proof Sovereign range, I thought it was about time to reveal my forecast for 2023:

2023MOCKUPgodlsovereignstgeorgeyellowgoldcrop.thumb.jpg.6fa69ed1849280a64bb6b068b6c4e949.jpg

Yes, the familar, and much loved, St. George and the Dragon, but with more than a nod to the original Benedetoo Pistrucci masterpiece, we have envisaged it in it glorious gold colour, as is only appropriate for any gold coin, but even more so one with a 500+ year history and heritage.

Imagine what Henry VII would have thought if he had been presented with a copper disc, and been told it was red gold (although it probably would not look too bad in 23.5 ct gold.

Sure Henry VIII (Old Copper Nose) was guilty of debasing the coinage to pay for his excesses, but at least the copper didn't show through for a few years after they were minted.

Just in case the Royal Mint don't wake up to some basic scientific facts, and reinstate silver in their sovereigns, here is how it would look in red:

2023MOCKUPgodlsovereignstgeorgerosegoldcrop.thumb.jpg.c345fee6f5bb7a1c5be3be36e53e2241.jpg

Although Doug seems to have "improved" it compared with some recent red gold proof sovereigns.

If you want to see them side by side:

2023MOCKUPgoldsovereignstgeorgeyellowandrosegoldcrop.thumb.jpg.128a9ed080dd31a00528638b5509f87c.jpg

I am happy to hear any comments, including colour preferences, and even colour prejudices.

It's time @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer got round to organising a poll on this.

😎

Are you still standing by this design for 2023?  I think it would look good (especially if it is more yellow in colour).  

I am saving my pennies for the first King Charles III proof gold sovereign, and the inevitable Coronation SOTD.

On 16/11/2021 at 11:25, LawrenceChard said:

We might have to wait a year.

I know some of my writing gets quite lengthy, but I might end up with a very long sentence.

Would any TSF members come and visit me?

😎

Only if the kettles on 😎

6 hours ago, Zhorro said:

Are you still standing by this design for 2023?  I think it would look good (especially if it is more yellow in colour).  

I am saving my pennies for the first King Charles III proof gold sovereign, and the inevitable Coronation SOTD.

Yes, at least for the reverse, but we might just have to update the obverse design!

2023kingcharles-MOCK-UP-obversesilhoettecrop.thumb.png.9c270acdb06b6042903a4634cab31bb0.png

😎

Chards