• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Free Beer - Win a Pint

17 hours ago, LawrenceChard said:

We ship to most countries in the world with the following exceptions:

It was never my / our intention to cite a complete, precise list, of all approximately 200 different countries.

If we did so, it would probably be out of date within a few weeks, like our Prime Ministers.

😎

Please, don't try to save a pint!

The civil war in Yemen started in 2014, so it was enough time to be on Chards's list of exceptions. 

Anyway, you can add the pint number twelve to the punishment, for your denial with aggravating consequences.

After that, I will stop my hunt for small errors / mistakes on Chards's website

Not because I am not enjoying, for me is a good exercise for my neurons, only because I don't like beer.

Please, @LawrenceChard and @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, my twelve pints can be converted in bottles of red wine?

I suppose you are offering as prize a regular type beer from Aldi/Lidl (bullion, low premium😊), so I will do my calculations for 4.4% alcoholic content:

4.4 percent of alcohol x 568ml/pint : 1000 x 12 pints = 29.99 = @30 units

I will like a conversion to red wine, regular type from Aldi/Lidl (bullion, low premium😊), so I will calculate for 13% alcoholic content:

13 percent of alcohol x 750ml/bottle : 1000 x 3 bottles = 29.25 = @30units.

Twelve pints of beer = three bottles of red wine!

Note: I will pay for postage!

Edited by stefffana

2 minutes ago, stefffana said:

The civil war in Yemen started in 2014, so it was enough time to be on Chards's list of exceptions. 

Anyway, you can add the pint number twelve to the punishment, for your denial with aggravating consequences.

Not because I am not enjoying, for me is a good exercise for my neurons, only because I don't like beer.

Please, @LawrenceChard and @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer, my twelve pints can be converted in bottles of red wine?

I suppose you are offering as prize a regular type beer from Aldi/Lidl (bullion, low premium😊), so I will do my calculations for 4.4% alcoholic content:

I will like a conversion to red wine, regular type from Aldi/Lidl (bullion, low premium😊), so I will calculate for 13% alcoholic content:

More neck than a giraffe!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

1 hour ago, stefffana said:

Twelve pints of beer = three bottles of red wine!

"After that, I will stop my hunt for small errors / mistakes on Chards's website."

As Fleetwood Mac said "Don't Stop"

We bought some bottles of (Romanian) red wine recently when we were near Munich. It was about €2 per bottle. It was not particularly memorable.

😎

Chards

41 minutes ago, LawrenceChard said:

"After that, I will stop my hunt for small errors / mistakes on Chards's website."

As Fleetwood Mac said "Don't Stop"

We bought some bottles of (Romanian) red wine recently when we were near Munich. It was about €2 per bottle. It was not particularly memorable.

😎

😂😂😂😂😂

At €2 per bottle what expectations you can have? That wine is for rubbing your knees, not for drinking.!😜

I have promised myself to meet you once in Blackpool when I will visit your beautiful town. I will bring you a bottle of good quality romanian wine to have an idea what I am talking about.

Cheers!🤗

😂😂😂😂😂

At €2 per bottle what expectations you can have? That wine is for rubbing your knees, not for drinking.!😜

I have promised myself to meet you once in Blackpool when I will visit your beautiful town. I will bring you a bottle of good quality romanian wine to have an idea what I am talking about.

Cheers!🤗

Now you're talking!

😎

Chards

I will visit your beautiful town.

Well you know karachi or kabul its about as beautiful as that.... Your in for a shock!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

On 21/10/2022 at 14:28, stefffana said:

The coin is 1/25oz gold, melting value today @£58.50. Advertised as having a surcharge of £35 and premium 30%, so should be for sale @£93.50 or @£76. Very confusing......but guess? For sale is @£111, a surcharge of @£52.50 and a premium of @89%!😜

Hi @stefffana. Sorry for the confusion. That product has a 30% premium plus a £35 surcharge. So it's intrinsic + 30% + £35. It doesn't help that they're both labelled as "premium". 
It's the same with the 2013 8 double which has a 30% premium + £10 surcharge. 🙂

22 hours ago, ChardsCoinandBullionDealer said:

Hi @stefffana. Sorry for the confusion. That product has a 30% premium plus a £35 surcharge. So it's intrinsic + 30% + £35. It doesn't help that they're both labelled as "premium". 
It's the same with the 2013 8 double which has a 30% premium + £10 surcharge. 🙂

I don't know to much about marketing strategies, Sir. 

In my mind, any penny over the intrinsic value it is a premium added to a precious metal product, doesn't matter if it is named "premium" or "surcharge", but I don't want to start a debate about this.

What I have learned today it is this:

Free shipping and free beer are only another unrealistic hopes or wishes that cannot be achieved!

Cheers!😘

carcinogens-taint-drinking-water-far-from-flint-raise-cancer-risk-article-image.gif

9 minutes ago, Skyfiller said:

@LawrenceChard @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer If you go to gold in your top menu and select sovereign you get a 404error

image.thumb.jpg.d93b8f1c6ec8e8c8bb3d4835fe8723c4.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.c914c25590b68e140c5b6a7f12014a23.jpg

Thanks for letting us know.

Did you also phone, because one of our Customer Service Team already posted it on our Tech Support channel.

1026126686_404ErroronChardsWebsitecategorybuy-coinsagoldsovereign.thumb.jpg.0d1542b34696b947a361be5d843cfeda.jpg

Working on it now:

😎

Chards

8 minutes ago, Skyfiller said:

In fact it’s not the link that’s broken, your sovereign page is missing as my shortcut to it on the phone brings a 404 as well.

One of our developers has been working on our "Categories", and seems to have broken something!

Let's see how long it takes us to do a "recovery"!

😎

Chards

@LawrenceChard Under your BRITISH AND WORLD menu, there are several links under ACCESSORIES which I think have been duff for ages. You may not have noticed before as they don't result in 404 errors.

image.png.6217bf55a876723bd1c0915a7ccddb71.png

The Vaulted Storage link goes to a list of £20 coins for sale at https://www.chards.co.uk/category/buy-coins/a/20-pounds/united-kingdom

The Coin Capsule link goes to a list of 50p coins for sale at https://www.chards.co.uk/category/buy-coins/a/50p/united-kingdom

Coin Pouch brings up a list of £1 coins

Coin Tube is £2 coins

Gift Box is £5 coins.

And View All shows all UK coins rather than any accessories. 

Sorry, would have mentioned it sooner if you had free postage 🤣

21 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

@LawrenceChard Under your BRITISH AND WORLD menu, there are several links under ACCESSORIES which I think have been duff for ages. You may not have noticed before as they don't result in 404 errors.

image.png.6217bf55a876723bd1c0915a7ccddb71.png

The Vaulted Storage link goes to a list of £20 coins for sale at https://www.chards.co.uk/category/buy-coins/a/20-pounds/united-kingdom

The Coin Capsule link goes to a list of 50p coins for sale at https://www.chards.co.uk/category/buy-coins/a/50p/united-kingdom

Coin Pouch brings up a list of £1 coins

Coin Tube is £2 coins

Gift Box is £5 coins.

And View All shows all UK coins rather than any accessories. 

Sorry, would have mentioned it sooner if you had free postage 🤣

I am tagging in @ChardsCoinandBullionDealer to give them something useful to do.

Have you seen our "free postage" page?

😎

Chards

• 2 months later...
On 25/10/2022 at 12:30, Darr3nG said:

Goodbye bert! :( 

giphy.gif.27634538f7f3a44845e589ffc69f9885.gif

Because it was only "Au revoir!", not an "Adieu!" , I am back!

https://www.chards.co.uk/2005-winston-churchill-gold-medallion-royal-mint/13773.

On this huge medal, the real gold weight content it is 8.6258oz, not 8.37oz, so a quarter of ounce is missing.

The weight of the medal is stated in the certificate as 292.67g of gold .9167.

Did I won yet?😊

1 minute ago, paulmerton said:

I wonder how many other people have spotted this but haven't mentioned it yet because they want the price to stay the same when they are in stock...

That's a whole tube for 35% below spot :D 

image.thumb.png.f0577dea13e25003fc0362ebc3f7ec22.png

He got that trick from dealer (A)

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

2 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I wonder how many other people have spotted this but haven't mentioned it yet because they want the price to stay the same when they are in stock...

Yep. But because are not in stock I dunno if you will see a pint from Chards. I am sure they will put a correct price after release of this coin.

This price is only an advertising catch...

1 minute ago, stefffana said:

Yep. But because are not in stock I dunno if you will see a pint from Chards. I am sure they will put a correct price after release of this coin.

This price is only an advertising catch...

It doesn't seem like the usual sort of thing they would do.

The single coin for instance has a sensible price....

image.thumb.png.14e84330ab8a83b5c619a4f38806345a.png

24 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I'll take 2

• 6 months later...

I'm back for my 13th pint, @LawrenceChard!

https://www.chards.co.uk/malta-2010-auberge-d-italie-gold-proof-50-euro-coin/10647

The weight of the coin is 6.5g and the purity is 0.9167, so the gold content is 0.1915 troy ounces, not 0.2089. Of course, the final price is affected by this mistake.

Cheers!🤗