• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

$30 Silver........when?

CollectorNo1

Well, gold and silver went down faster than a fat kid on a waterslide  today I was watching an interview on kitco news David Lin and Jim Mcdonald talking about this magical $30oz target. The stage is set with what's going on with the monetary policy around the world.Interest rates set to be low for quite sometime... the breakout point of $30 is the key for silver to go higher,quickly....But the question is when? I do believe it will but I can't see it reaching that price this year...Anyone gamble on silver hitting $30 before the end of 2021???

6 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Well, gold and silver went down faster than a fat kid on a waterslide  today I was watching an interview on kitco news David Lin and Jim Mcdonald talking about this magical $30oz target. The stage is set with what's going on with the monetary policy around the world.Interest rates set to be low for quite sometime... the breakout point of $30 is the key for silver to go higher,quickly....But the question is when? I do believe it will but I can't see it reaching that price this year...Anyone gamble on silver hitting $30 before the end of 2021???

Industry is not going to call for it so I suppose it's all down to politics. The gold silver ratio is creeping up again, so keeping a eye on that at the mo.

Edited by Bigmarc
Hadn't finished

40 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

Industry is not going to call for it so I suppose it's all down to politics. The gold silver ratio is creeping up again, so keeping a eye on that at the mo.

It's going to take something (Don't ask me what) even the professionals have no idea...to 'make or break' the present static/downward trend. I've know doubt it will happen..hope I'm alive to see it???😆🙄

2 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

It's going to take something (Don't ask me what) even the professionals have no idea...to 'make or break' the present static/downward trend. I've know doubt it will happen..hope I'm alive to see it???😆🙄

The thing is, there is so much happening in the world at the moment. It's almost impossible to analyse. I think one thing we can all agree on is fiat is a worrying call at the moment so try and spread it around as much as possible. 

2 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

The thing is, there is so much happening in the world at the moment. It's almost impossible to analyse. I think one thing we can all agree on is fiat is a worrying call at the moment so try and spread it around as much as possible. 

Well, when this crazy world gets back to some kind of normality hopefully PM's will follow.....in the meantime....stack,stack n stack...🙂

I can't speak for the States but I imagine in the UK the announcement of inflation rising, the whole national insurance rise, the retreat from furlough, the withdrawal of the temp Universal Credit, the whole concern over fuel bills etc. Etc...

I could go on and on, but as you can see there's lots of other places where money will be directed.

5 minutes ago, SidS said:

I can't speak for the States but I imagine in the UK the announcement of inflation rising, the whole national insurance rise, the retreat from furlough, the withdrawal of the temp Universal Credit, the whole concern over fuel bills etc. Etc...

I could go on and on, but as you can see there's lots of other places where money will be directed.

Ain't that the truth! ..

Only needs a rumour to state that silver is an incredible metal that defeats Covid and recommends all hospital equipment is plated with silver and rewearable gowns etc are impregnated with silver. Designer expensive face creams and body lotions can also contain nanoparticles of silver to keep the skin sterilised ....

4 minutes ago, dicker said:

I think it is a long way away unless there is an industrial use found. 

Best

Dicker

Maybe they could replace all the politicians and leaders around the world with 9999 silver AI Robots..can't think of a better use for silver than that....and Donald Trump could have gold plated hair!!!

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Only needs a rumour to state that silver is an incredible metal that defeats Covid and recommends all hospital equipment is plated with silver and rewearable gowns etc are impregnated with silver. Designer expensive face creams and body lotions can also contain nanoparticles of silver to keep the skin sterilised ....

Ha if only!

Although it should be noted that silver when ingested or in colloidal solution and is used on the skin it can cause blue tinged skin - Argyria. Not a good look...

37 minutes ago, Bigmarc said:

might have been watching too many 'I hate fiat currency videos'?

(you need to keep it simple)

24 minutes ago, SidS said:

this is what I believe will happen.

if you ignore all the permanent doomsayers, holding some cash to pay the bills is something

really useful to have going forward. 

HH

7 minutes ago, HawkHybrid said:

might have been watching too many 'I hate fiat currency videos'?

(you need to keep it simple)

Na no videos, I am guilty of being drawn into the inflation concept. I mainly hold fiat. Only a small portion is for pm's. As for keeping it simple, that was the old me, the new me sees what is going on around him and feel I need to make a change (somewhere).

9 hours ago, dicker said:

I think it is a long way away unless there is an industrial use found. 

Best

Dicker

I am far from an expert. But i agree, specially as mining volume is decreasing according to Keith Neumeyer from First Majestic.

Interesting point on ratio's also...

Edited by Jvw

5 hours ago, Jvw said:

I am far from an expert. But i agree, specially as mining volume is decreasing according to Keith Neumeyer from First Majestic.

https://www.silverinstitute.org/silver-supply-demand/

if you don't include 2020 due to covid disruptions, then it's a 5% fluctuation over a decade.

despite the lower price, since 2016 we have been mining at least the same quantity as we did in 2012.

what does that tell you about the ability to supply silver?

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

7 hours ago, Jvw said:

I dont think anyone can explain that!!! Maybe it is Manipulation by the market leaders, although I don't agree with that train of thought. Supply is still there albeit a 10% drop in 2020 due to coronavirus, while industrial  demand dropped 5%. Factor in fed rate changes job figures.. trade tensions with China the list is endless..I think we will start seeing a significant move next year and hopefully it will break the $30 level and hold. Investment in more silver mines wouldn't hurt either..🙂

i recall an interview between Keith Neumeyer and the gang at Wall Street Silver. They were talking about the Silver Institute report. Keith was saying he pays to support the Institute but wonders why he bothers. He said he had numerous of this year's reports but they were only worth throwing in the bin.  He went through the figures and explained how most of them are made up. They do not know and cannot know the numbers - even Keith didn't know some of the figures. So they must be simply making up the numbers. You cannot rely on the Silver Institute report b/c it is a fabrication - a guess without any evidence is some parts.
Looking at charts is not that helpful and reading the Silver Institute report is a waste of time. What is important is keep stacking. As i have said time and again - it is not a matter of if, it is simply a matter of when, when it comes to the 'price' of silver.

1 hour ago, Tn21 said:

My guess is towards to the of the decade 

No way is silver going to be $30 by the end of the decade. i seriously doubt there will be a USD in its present form then - silver will probably be priced in yuan. By the end of the decade the USD will have blown up. One only needs to look at the way US finances are proceeding to know all confidence in the USD will be gone before that much longer. This is the reason, or should be one of the reasons you are investing in silver in the first place. Even my Philistine daughters have spontaneously woken up (not great prompting from me) and are dumping cash for precious metals - the writing is on the wall when that happens. 

US shale is declining - a shale rig output declines at something like 50% a year. The energy return on energy invested in oil is declining and has been since the 1970's. The easy oil is gone. We will go over what has been termed the energy cliff before the end of the decade. The cost of mining is mainly energy costs. The easy silver is gone, so that means more energy per ounce - then we have the energy cliff. Precious metals are a 'store of energy'. A lot of energy goes into mining and refining gold and silver. The price will come from the value of energy. Green energy is a massive fraud and will fail massively. Nuclear if adopted sufficiently will help save us to some extent. We need the likes of cold fusion.
Then we have dollar disintegration on top of that. There will be a rush into gold and at the same time silver will re-price. $30 by the end of the decade? - i think more likely $300 or $3000 - think of a number. When the dollar gives up its last residual value you are into Zimbabwe numbers. So the dollar price is irrelevant - it is what silver is worth in the new asset backed cryptocurrencies. What can an ounce buy you - defo not what the dollar price is. There is barn door inflation taking off. Silver is a screaming bargain. Keep stacking while cheap silver is available. Negativity comes out of ignorance of inflation roaring away, the collapse of fiat and the energy cliff. It's a psyop in effect. Don't be suckered.

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

20 minutes ago, sixgun said:

They were talking about the Silver Institute report. Keith was saying he pays to support the Institute but wonders why he bothers. He said he had numerous of this year's reports but they were only worth throwing in the bin.  He went through the figures and explained how most of them are made up. They do not know and cannot know the numbers - even Keith didn't know some of the figures. So they must be simply making up the numbers.

keith neumeyer twitter 'We're consuming 1Boz of silver per year.'

thesilverinstitute figures for total demand are ~ 1 billion toz for each of the years 2012-2019.

keith neumeyer needs to decide whether his own figures are made up or

that that both figures(both are close enough) are correct.

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

Some very good points but I will have to read it a few more times to get my head around it....Phewwww!

The question is will people still be buying/stacking silver at $3000+ an oz or will we be priced out of the market and looking to invest in other commodities..take Palladium and Rhodium as examples...I don't see many stackers of these pm's especially Rhodium 😆😆 and we won't at their prices unless you are multi millionaire.  I personally wouldn't want to see the price of gold and silver at those levels soon...a gradual increase is obviously expected overtime...can you imagine the chaos if gold hit $5000 and silver£3000 next week..😱😱 there would be a enormous dump of both metals and we would back to where we are now..if not lower..

11 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

...can you imagine the chaos if gold hit $5000 and silver£3000 next week..😱😱 there would be a enormous dump of both metals and we would back to where we are now..if not lower..

I think the price of silver could indeed be sustained at $300 even if the current stacker community dumped their silver on the market and the reason is number of people in the market. If the meme buyers and momentum traders want to catch the upward wind then if more people enter the market then amount of silver on the earth per stacker goes down, therefore if existing stackers dump the price could be sustained. It depends on the driver for why we reached $300, was it a supply shock or something more structural like the number of buyers went up, and what is the quality of their buy

1 hour ago, HawkHybrid said:

keith neumeyer twitter 'We're consuming 1Boz of silver per year.'

thesilverinstitute figures for total demand are ~ 1 billion toz for each of the years 2012-2019.

keith neumeyer needs to decide whether his own figures are made up or

that that both figures(both are close enough) are correct.

HH

Perhaps you should watch the Wall Street Silver video.

Perhaps you heard Andrew Maguire discuss refiners being 'ordered' to limit sales. He mentions a Russian refiner where their bank basically says they will red card them if they don't toe the line. Now we might say Maguire is bull sh1ting. You couldn't know and it certainly can't be seen in a chart. 
The US Dollar is a matter of national security. That means precious metals the real money must be controlled. It is currency management, currency manipulation. All the currencies are basically going down the drain together and inflation figures are manipulated as far as possible to hide this. Gold and silver are currencies traded on the Forex markets. XAU/USD and XAG/USD. We have gone over and over this but the penny never seems to drop. The precious metal markets are rigged to hell b/c it is a matter of national security. It is a number one priority. 

Edited by sixgun

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

11 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Well it's a simple case of wait see and hope! I'm still gonna be stacking gold n Silver....If a rogue meteorite hits and destroys planet earth next week..none of this will matter...(Damn!!!! I've got to think more positive)😄😄

You don't need to hope - it is not a matter of if, it is simple a matter of time. Yes there might be a coronal mass ejection and half the globe's electrics will fry. Some people might suffocate on their face nappy, some kid might get myocarditis from a clot shot and never live to see it. But if you have a small number of years still on the clock you will see it. The world is changing very fast. Much faster than the vast majority realise. This is why we see all this nonsense with the virus - some of those allegedly in charge are in a panic. They have virtually run out of buttons to push. Stock up, lie low, watch and wait. That's my motto. 

Edited by sixgun

4 minutes ago, sixgun said:

You don't need to hope - it is not a matter of if, it is simple a matter of time. Yes there might be a coronal mass ejection and half the globe's electrics will fry. Some people might suffocate on their face nappy, some kid might get myocarditis from a clot shot and never live to see it. But if you have a small number of years still on the clock you will see it. The world is changing very fast. Much faster than the vast majority realise. This is why we see all this nonsense with the virus - some of those allegedly in charge are in a panic. They have virtually run out of buttons to push. Stock up, lie low, watch and wait. That's my motto. 

And keep your powder dry 👍