• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Speechless again !! This time its Queens Beasts 1oz Gold Completer Fakes

Midasfrog

On 08/08/2021 at 21:03, pricha said:

What i can't understand is , why are countries ( especially the USA ) sitting back and letting China flood the market with counterfeit money , which basically is what it is ?  

The trouble is its like playing Whack-A-Mole trying to stop fakes and scammers . The energy put in trying to stop it would be enough to break any company .

2014-10-03-Whackamole-365x314.jpg

Edited by Midasfrog

1 hour ago, CollectorNo1 said:

These counterfeit coins are deff getting better...God knows what they will be like in another 10 years... frightening....

I think the problem would be the modern classics 1989 ,  2017 proofs using 22ct  . That would be my worry if the technology got so good. 

2 hours ago, pricha said:

I think the problem would be the modern classics 1989 ,  2017 proofs using 22ct  . That would be my worry if the technology got so good. 

The 1989 sovereign has already been faked . I remember reading that a set was found with the full sovereign being a fake.

5 hours ago, Midasfrog said:

Do you think they are using laser technology or 3D printing aided work . That sovereign is a very close copy but I can see some lines running across the reverse side .

The trouble is that what you are looking it is 50x the size of the actual coin. In the hand the copy is good enough to fool anyone not experienced in PMs. It is truely frightening how good these counterfeits are.

If anyone were to try and pass these off as genuine then a quick scrub with a scourer would remove the lines and give the coins a bit of 'history'. Luckily they are made of brass and are underweight so should never fool a collector or dealer....

I wasn't expecting them to be as good as they were and was surprised at the accuracy of the copies 😐

2 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

The trouble is that what you are looking it is 50x the size of the actual coin. In the hand the copy is good enough to fool anyone not experienced in PMs. It is truely frightening how good these counterfeits are.

If anyone were to try and pass these off as genuine then a quick scrub with a scourer would remove the lines and give the coins a bit of 'history'. Luckily they are made of brass and are underweight so should never fool a collector or dealer....

I wasn't expecting them to be as good as they were and was surprised at the accuracy of the copies 😐

Are you sure it's 50x bigger than the original???? That would be the size of a dustbin lid if not bigger?????

The Victoria sovereign looks too new though? 

8 hours ago, TeaTime said:

Not sure if it's just me but i quite like the high relief on the counterfeit coin.....😁

I bought a joblot of fake Victoria sovereigns from Ali Express (for educational purposes) and was shocked at the quality of them - they would have fooled me if they hadn't been twice as thick as real ones and still underweight. Any casual buyer could easily be fooled..

On 08/08/2021 at 12:55, CollectorNo1 said:

Oh no.....there are the type 2 ASE's already on the fake market!!! not to mention some of the Queen's beasts....2017,2018,2019,2020,2021 - Maples,Pamp gold bars..carded that look totally genuine,credit suisse etc......Sovreigns from all years the list is endless... China is flooding Ebay with c**p..in my 20+ years of being on Ebay...I have never seen anything like it...that's why I can't stress enough.....DO NOT BUY ANY PM's from Ebay unless you are 110% sure you are getting the genuine coins from genuine bullion dealers....... Imo Ebay isn't the site it used to be...they are letting anyone and anything on their site...especially fake c**p because they are making money from all this Chinese S#@T...

Beware  and be confident from who you are buying from..otherwise...you will get SCREWED OVER..with this fake S@%T........Your choice....

Agreed, buy from trusted local bullion dealers.   Yes, you may pay a bit more money buying from a reputable dealer, but on the flip side the likelihood of getting fakes is slim to none.   I'd rather have the peace of mind knowing that at the end of the day, I don't have to file a claim with eBay to get my money back.

On 03/08/2021 at 23:29, LawrenceChard said:

Speechless? Don't be, this is ebay!

Reminds me when I got into all this, I bought a Krugerrand locally for £250 - I very quickly came to my senses & they cancelled the order. 
To be fair it had "assume plated" etc. just trying to catch people out on greed/fear as it was at the start of lockdown 1. 
I have bought a lot of Ebay even whole sets of Queens Beasts & got some fabulous deals, so buying from proper dealers is key. 

On 04/09/2021 at 15:06, HerefordBullyun said:

Old chinise Proverbs

Man with hole in pocket always feel cocky, 

Man who walk sideways in airport turnstile is going Bangkok.

I need to remember those ones. 
Confusus or buddah?

"If you go to bed with an itchy bum you will wake up with a smelly finger".
(Horrible Histories). 

Edited by Stacktastic

To be fair, the ebay listing clearly states "COLOUR COPY" in the item title, so there should be no ambiguity regarding what you'll be getting.

I've always yearned after the fabled Perth Mint 2000 gold dragon 1oz coin, but have never been able to find one to buy, and when occasionally listed had extortionate premiums. About a year ago a replica dragon was listed on ebay, I bought it for £10, very happy to finally have my hands on one. Even though it's not real 😁

Edited by noddycoder
sp.

On 04/09/2021 at 18:38, greendragon said:

I wonder if they could get close to density match with a technical resin?

something like "chemical metal" or "milliput" with added lead or tungsten?

easy to mold , just have to solve the gold or silver plating.

Don't give them more ideas...😫😫

One thing is though, fake stuff on ebay is nothing new - including coins - my son found an archived thread with legit coin dealers dscussing it back in 2014 here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/fake-coins-sellers-on-ebay/td-p/22781695?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5337052991&customid=&toolid=10001

Not only coins of course, there used to be Rolex, Dupont Lighters, Mont Blanc gear, expensive perfumes - pretty much anything on Alibaba, Made in China, Wish and all the similar sites.

There's actually a Facebook whose sole purpose was selling the latest phones with the internals probably made of metal like swiss cheese - as has been said before here, look at feedback hard and how long they've had a good reputation.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

6 minutes ago, Coverte said:

One thing is though, fake stuff on ebay is nothing new - including coins - my son found an archived thread with legit coin dealers dscussing it back in 2014 here:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Archive-Selling/fake-coins-sellers-on-ebay/td-p/22781695?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5337052991&customid=&toolid=10001

Not only coins of course, there used to be Rolex, Dupont Lighters, Mont Blanc gear, expensive perfumes - pretty much anything on Alibaba, Made in China, Wish and all the similar sites.

There's actually a Facebook whose sole purpose was selling the latest phones with the internals probably made of metal like swiss cheese - as has been said before here, look at feedback hard and how long they've had a good reputation.

When I joined ebay in 1999...there were fakes aplenty...but, the fake coins have got much more abundant  from around 2015 onwards.....and more so in the last few years..these counterfeiters jump on the latest collectables and interests on the market.. and unfortunately coins of all countries, denominations...silver and gold have become their choice of making money of the backs of people who don't know what they are buying....and it's not just China pushing this c**p out...Vietnam,Bangkok even India are all jumping on the band wagon....Turkey is a big player and its spreading across Eastern Europe....And it wouldn't surprise me if its also happening here in the UK...😒

19 minutes ago, CollectorNo1 said:

Turkey is a big player and its spreading across Eastern Europe....And it wouldn't surprise me if its also happening here in the UK...😒

Turkey are much bigger players in all sorts of illegal activity, which I know, about 15 years ago, included selling fake £20 notes (very good ones).

Harlow at one point was flooded with them and no shotage of strangers in pubs selling that at 40% of face value - my taxi driver lived there, bought some and showed me them.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.