• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three Graces grading journey

5 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

The NGC Photo Imaging chap emailed me back to say:

Most of the time the coins are brought to me straight from receiving before the graders see the coins.  What usually happens is if a coin is conserved post imaging, I will get the coin back to re-image and usually lags the original images I processed.”

So, if I get emailed a new image, I guess it will have received conservation. 🤔 

I’ll update the thread once graded. 👍🏻 

I have a coin in for conservation then regrading and the estimate is 2 weeks for conservation the two weeks for regrade...my coin has been at ngc since March 17th, so should be completed by now.

11 hours ago, MancunianStacker said:

Mine three!!! Another 70 😀 

Well done to @NewCoins too 👍🏻 

Good news. Any idea when you expect it back? I see the ebay is starting to get more and more graded now. Will be interesting that the value settles down to. I have no idea but between 2.5 and 3.5 would be my finger in the air.

48 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Good news. Any idea when you expect it back? I see the ebay is starting to get more and more graded now. Will be interesting that the value settles down to. I have no idea but between 2.5 and 3.5 would be my finger in the air.

No idea 🤷‍♂️ Maybe another month. Might depend on customs and which flight it gets on 😂 

I’ll probably keep mine anyway. 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

I received an invoice from NGC UK on Friday for the grading fee and the oversize holder. It looks to be automated but doesn't include the handling fee and shipping etc.

I paid what I thought the total fee should be when I first sent it.

I did ring them on Friday and left a voice mail.

Is this normal?

Additionally I also asked for "Photo Vision". I haven't received those either. You would imagine being in transit they would have been done by now, if it was going to happen.

Thanks 

Edited by NewCoins
Photo vision addition

1 hour ago, NewCoins said:

I received an invoice from NGC UK on Friday for the grading fee and the oversize holder. It looks to be automated but doesn't include the handling fee and shipping etc.

I paid what I thought the total fee should be when I first sent it.

I did ring them on Friday and left a voice mail.

Is this normal?

Additionally I also asked for "Photo Vision". I haven't received those either. You would imagine being in transit they would have been done by now, if it was going to happen.

Thanks 

What’s photo vision?

“Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.” Oscillate Wildly

3 hours ago, NewCoins said:

That’s weird. As far as I know they photo them raw first outside of the slab and again if it has been conserved (outside of slab).

I wasn’t charged for conservation in my invoice on Friday and I didn’t receive a 2nd lot of photos so that was a straight PF70 with  o need to conserve! Perhaps blowing dust off a coin is free then. 🤷‍♂️ Anyways I’m happy. 

I’m guessing they forgot to do your photo vision? Sorry 😞 

It seems that way. I need to speak to them about paying the invoice (which I paid 6 weeks ago as far as I am concerned which included photo vision), so I am expecting a credit of some description.

It's not a big deal, I don't mind that much, it just would have been nice.

Looking to send my next coin(s) to get graded when the turn around times drop a bit. My assumption is the 700+ three graces were a factor in that. Or perhaps that's just a drop in the ocean compared to what they normally deal with, who knows.

4 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

My assumption is the 700+ three graces were a factor in that.

Yeah I think you’re right. Also, maybe a Covid outbreak? Most companies like to keep that secret but it only takes a couple of graders to be off sick to reduce the capacity by a big %.

I heard they take 30 seconds per coins to grade, so even 3,500 coins might only take 4 days or so extra if all were sent in. I expect they had a bottle neck hold up somewhere. Maybe conservation? This could explain them missing the photos, internal chaos!!! 

Seems mine is back in Landhan.

I left them a message on Friday regarding the invoice they sent me on Friday which I believe I paid.  Tried calling them again just now, answerphone again. Will try them again in the morning when I think they are definitely in. 

Looking forward to getting it back in my grubby mits.

Screenshot_20210420-140238_Google.jpg

26 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Seems mine is back in Landhan.

I left them a message on Friday regarding the invoice they sent me on Friday which I believe I paid.  Tried calling them again just now, answerphone again. Will try them again in the morning when I think they are definitely in. 

Looking forward to getting it back in my grubby mits.

Screenshot_20210420-140238_Google.jpg

I tried to ring them several times without success so I emailed them asking them to call me back (to discuss a similar issue with my invoice) and they rang me back in an hour or so. 

1 hour ago, evende said:

I tried to ring them several times without success so I emailed them asking them to call me back (to discuss a similar issue with my invoice) and they rang me back in an hour or so. 

Thanks. Just tried that approach.

Just checked my submissions and my coins are on there way back☺ When I looked at my 3 Graces coin, I noticed that I have label with the queen. Instead of the regular blue label.

Did anyone else get this label? I was expecting a regular blue label.

20210426_205536.png

6 minutes ago, sgcoins said:

Just checked my submissions and my coins are on there way back☺ When I looked at my 3 Graces coin, I noticed that I have label with the queen. Instead of the regular blue label.

20210426_205536.png

I have noticed that label on ebay. Don't like it personally. I have the "First Releases" label. I think the blue looks better with silver than the standard colour. It seems the standard colour is gold ?

Edited by NewCoins

2 hours ago, sgcoins said:

20210426_205536.png

Where are you based - USA? I saw one of these on ebay and the seller had a link to the NGC site where it said these are the standard label for submissions through a certain club over there?

2 hours ago, sgcoins said:

20210426_205536.png

I have had the exact same thing on my recent graces, I don't really like it but then I'm thinking if I ever sold it would others. It's not normally available to the Uk so must have been done in error. 

I had a Una with the same label (minus first releases). Thinking is it worth sending back and waiting months or is there a market that likes these? 

10 hours ago, evende said:

Where are you based - USA? I saw one of these on ebay and the seller had a link to the NGC site where it said these are the standard label for submissions through a certain club over there?

I'm in The Netherlands and I have send my coins to the NGC office in Germany. For this coin I ticked the "first releases" box and nothing else. 

Like @dikefalos says, its about the coin and I don't think this "queen" label will add more value to it, over a regular "first releases"label. 

I'm just wondering if anyone else on the forum got this label, instead of the blue one.

• 2 months later...

Thought it may be worth updating this thread as we did discuss conservation. I have some coins in for grading and yesterday they were ‘scheduled for grading’ but today they are under NCS evaluation which I have never seen before and definitely didn’t see under my Three Graces or any other submission. So not sure if this is new but it may answer the question about what stage NCS evaluate a coin

13833077-7CCC-4831-938F-723851D24C07.png

3 hours ago, Simmoleon said:

Thought it may be worth updating this thread as we did discuss conservation. I have some coins in for grading and yesterday they were ‘scheduled for grading’ but today they are under NCS evaluation which I have never seen before and definitely didn’t see under my Three Graces or any other submission. So not sure if this is new but it may answer the question about what stage NCS evaluate a coin

I noticed the same, it is on two of four of my recent submissions, so I guess these two are going into conservation and NGC must believe they will benefit from it prior to grading. The other two are either beyond help or perfect already (fingers crossed) 🤞 

My other earlier submission (posted on 25th May) was not charged for Conservation but I paid for it upfront when I submitted it, so I’ve got a credit on my new invoice for the difference (about £40).

So I believe this is just a new status heading to inform the submitter that it’s going for conservation first and therefore might take more time to be returned.

My 2oz gold “Who” coin hasn’t changed to NCS/Conservation so hopefully that gets a straight PF70 like my 1oz gold “Who” coin just got today 😁 That’s showing as at “Submission Center” today, so I think it’s in London. I might need to contact them for the postage invoice 🤔 

3 hours ago, Simmoleon said:

I’m gonna guess, 2 x 2oz silver “Who” coins. Mine arrived the day before on the 18th. My 5oz coins are also in for conservation. Must be all the silver “dust” etc 🤔