• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Three Graces grading journey

On 08/03/2021 at 22:25, NewCoins said:

I will try to be patient and give it until next week.

I am now glad to say it's being tracked! Status : Received.  Its a start. Not 100% clear if that means London or the US

On 08/03/2021 at 22:18, SilverJacks said:

How long should you expect the process to take from start to finish? or does it vary?

One-two weeks to fly to Florida and get registered maybe? 

Then it depends if you conserve and I believe that takes an additional 30 days on top of the normal 30 days. So the ones that come back soonest  might not be conserved and we will see the early ratios of 69:70, then a month later another ratio of 69:70 for conserved coins perhaps 🤔 

Then once graded it might raked another one-two weeks to fly home. Then another week for NGC London to post it back to you.

I think my most recent direct submission was 13 weeks with conservation. Got a PF70, happy🐰 

I posted my 3G coin off on Monday 8th March, so hope to get it back around 7th-14 June.

Yes I expect it to take that long. 😢 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

Also, imagine how many of these 3G coins they are going to see. People grading when they haven’t done it before etc! 3,000 coins on their way to Florida. Better travelled than me 😂 

On 02/03/2021 at 18:09, NewCoins said:

It's at my local delivey centre so at least left the post office.

I’m about a week behind you!!! I’m conserving mine. Seems like a worthwhile gamble on a £2k coin

1 minute ago, MancunianStacker said:

I’m about a week behind you!!! I’m conserving mine. Seems like a worthwhile gamble on a £2k coin

I was just debating getting my 3G silver conserved. May i ask how much it's costing? 

This will be my first time grading, fortunately using the silver forums offer. So i will be saving on the cost of grading, so keen to make the most of the time getting it to NGC. Just working out what i am doing with such a coin.

78av.gif

33 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

I was just debating getting my 3G silver conserved. May i ask how much it's costing? 

This will be my first time grading, fortunately using the silver forums offer. So i will be saving on the cost of grading, so keen to make the most of the time getting it to NGC. Just working out what i am doing with such a coin.

Always conserve - yea its a few quid but the delta between a 68-->69 and a 69-->70 is huge on this coin.

I conserve everything I send off for grading - on most coins its just a few quid although appreciate its maybe £80 on this one from what people are saying.

Few more daft questions on which boxes to tick on the submission form, just to get it correct.

Conservation is 4% value, i assume i put the value down as £2000?

If it goes for conservation can it still get first release labeling?

Did i see someone say something about the extra thick, or was it the over sized holder being correct?

With the "return packaging" fee..do you all send your coin in all the mint packaging, or just capsuled coin and pay to have returned? 

I should probably pay someone for answering these question, its my first step into grading 😅

78av.gif

conservation is 4% of the value of the coin - so if you said the coin is worth £2000 then conservation is £80

for first release label you can have conservation done - it’s the date NGC received the coin

You need an extra thick holder

I send in the capsule only with the capsule labelled with the submission form number followed by the number the coin is listed on the form

Steve

Well it was nice to have my Three Grace's back for 24 hours before i sent it for grading! Two and a half week's of ownership, 48hours of possession. If you don't hold it you don't own it 🤪

Thank you for the help in making sense of the form. Got my coin all posted off! Really looking forward to seeing how it grades!

78av.gif

On 10/03/2021 at 21:47, MancunianStacker said:

I posted my 3G coin off on Monday 8th March

12/03/21 My coin received by NGC in London. Next stop Florida 😁 @NewCoins I wonder if they will be on the same plane? Maybe the do one parcel a week 🤷‍♂️ update us all when yours lands in 🇺🇸 please 😉 

Edited by MancunianStacker

17 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

12/03/21 My coin received by NGC in London. Next stop Florida 😁 @NewCoins I wonder if they will be on the same plane? Maybe the do one parcel a week 🤷‍♂️ update us all when yours lands in 🇺🇸 please 😉 

Maybe they are on the same plane. In case of any doubt, mine is the grade 70 one on the return plane.

Will update when ngc update. Expecting it to take some time though.

16 minutes ago, NewCoins said:

Maybe they are on the same plane. In case of any doubt, mine is the grade 70 one on the return plane.

Will update when ngc update. Expecting it to take some time though.

I put a folded $10 inside the flip, worked last time 😂 

1 minute ago, SilverDrum said:

Wondering how many will come back as "MINT ERROR" 🤣

I've been wondering, do you have to request a mint error notation? Like, if you don't ask for it, will it still be acknowledged or just overlooked? Or would it depend on how prominent the error is?

• 2 weeks later...

Another update. I posted it off early March, maybe the 3rd. Got a submission email from NGC on the 11th and the status was received on the tracker.

Got another submisson email late last (25th) saying the same thing as the one of the 11th.

So the tracker now says received on the 25th March instead of the 10th March it previously did 😞

11 hours ago, NewCoins said:

Another update. I posted it off early March, maybe the 3rd. Got a submission email from NGC on the 11th and the status was received on the tracker.

Got another submisson email late last (25th) saying the same thing as the one of the 11th.

So the tracker now says received on the 25th March instead of the 10th March it previously did 😞

Yeah I had something similar 😂