• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

European Mint thoughts?

MoralHazard

Hi

In the past this dealer has been praised here. Have had one encounter with them some year ago. Back then everything was fine. Is the general conception with them that they are still reliable?

Now I was about to make a new purchase of silver, however I saw their shipping costs are 100% inflated to peers in Germany. Back then I remember I was using 50% discount code on their shipping costs. Is there anymore some discount coupon on the shipping for the SilverForum?

Cheers!

MH

Still reliable and reputable by all accounts - they delivered a lot of silver in the build up to Brexit. 

If you email sales@europeanmint.com they might be able to match some shipping/prices for other dealers if you ask nicely. 

Don't forget the VAT import though when the parcel comes into the UK. 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

Yes - I put in a small order well ahead of the Brexit deadline and they were as good as they have always been for me.

Post Brexit it would be good to hear people experiences.

Cheers

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

For me as an Irish buyer from European mint in the past I personally feel that since they stopped doing storage they have lost a small fortune  in orders that I would've put with them but went elsewhere as their postage is too expensive for a single order of between 100/200 euro.they are very competitive but when you factor in the pnp it's not worth it.there are other dealers that may charge more for the coin but less in pnp.

It was a bad move in my opinion to remove the storage option and I'm sure I'm one of many in the same boat.

I agree regarding the removal of the storage option. I inquired about this with them back in early December and they told me the following:

yes, it will return.
This is still in process and estimated time is at the moment the beginning of new year.
Unfortunately no exact date yet, as it takes longer than expected. 

As soon as it is back, the option will be added on the website and notified via newsletter

Still waiting for the notification.

Adding to that, yes, they are reliable and very communicative. The majority of my silver purchases have come from them and I have always had a good experience.

• 2 weeks later...

My long term accountant (Ex Revenue and Customs) has always told me that the one thing never to be late with is VAT submission and payment.  

Allegedly, if you are late submitting VAT returns / paying three times in a defined period it triggers a review for a VAT investigation.

Best

Dicker

Not my circus, not my monkeys

• Founder & Administrator
On 16/01/2021 at 15:15, MoralHazard said:

Hi

In the past this dealer has been praised here. Have had one encounter with them some year ago. Back then everything was fine. Is the general conception with them that they are still reliable?

Now I was about to make a new purchase of silver, however I saw their shipping costs are 100% inflated to peers in Germany. Back then I remember I was using 50% discount code on their shipping costs. Is there anymore some discount coupon on the shipping for the SilverForum?

Cheers!

MH

They are in the Platinum Offers from selected dealers programme.

Platinum and Platinum Plus members could save 5 euro or 12 euro depending on membership and order size. (See package for more details)

Members wishing to leave reviews please do so here, as it will be helpful for other members: 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

• 5 months later...

I was planning to make a new purchase from European Mint. I noticed since my last visit there is a disclaimer that all orders are delayed by the covid by 2 weeks. Actually when you accept the order it says the delay is 3-4 weeks. I feel this a bit strange. Does people here have any experience about the delays with them? Maybe @BackyardBullion has any insight?

27 minutes ago, MoralHazard said:

I was planning to make a new purchase from European Mint. I noticed since my last visit there is a disclaimer that all orders are delayed by the covid by 2 weeks. Actually when you accept the order it says the delay is 3-4 weeks. I feel this a bit strange. Does people here have any experience about the delays with them? Maybe @BackyardBullion has any insight?

I have not purchased from the EU mint since Brexit so I cannot say, best to contact them directly sales@europeanmint.com and they will likely be able to give you a better indication of the delay

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

• 1 year later...

Just before the VAT free period ended in Estonia I placed an order with the European Mint. I received an order confirmation with the request to pay the order and the shipping and handling fee (via a separate order) at a specific bank account. Within the hour I transferred both payments and I have since then not received any information. I have now tried to contact them both by phone and by e-mail.

EDIT: received a mail back that they are experiencing an abnormal amount of orders which is causing further delays. My order would be dispatched within the week though. 5 days have passed since so I am itching to ask about an update again. In general I am not an impatient type of guy but a month to "confirm" the order and the payment is a bit excessive even to my taste. Add the lack of communication and goldsilver.be with their own "customer experience" is not looking so bad after all. Don't get me wrong I know I purchased at almost the last possible time and that things might be crazy and that they are probably facing their own problems with the supply chain but I feel they have now bit off more than they can chew and you either have to wait a considerable amount of time and / or the order falls through. Has anybody else experienced the same difficulties?   

Edited by Dawnbreaker

I received my last package (all the coins were in stock when making the order) on the 27 of July, exactly one month after making the payment.

Never had problems with them, sadly the long waiting period is something that didn't disappear after march 2020

Edited by daca

40 minutes ago, Dawnbreaker said:

Just before the VAT free period ended in Estonia I placed an order with the European Mint. I received an order confirmation with the request to pay the order and the shipping and handling fee (via a separate order) at a specific bank account. Within the hour I transferred both payments and I have since then not received any information. I have now tried to contact them both by phone and by e-mail.

EDIT: received a mail back that they are experiencing an abnormal amount of orders which is causing further delays. My order would be dispatched within the week though. 5 days have passed since so I am itching to ask about an update again. In general I am not an impatient type of guy but a month to "confirm" the order and the payment is a bit excessive even to my taste. Add the lack of communication and goldsilver.be with their own "customer experience" is not looking so bad after all. Don't get me wrong I know I purchased at almost the last possible time and that things might be crazy and that they are probably facing their own problems with the supply chain but I feel they have now bit off more than they can chew and you either have to wait a considerable amount of time and / or the order falls through. Has anybody else experienced the same difficulties?   

Hi

I made a few orders with them, all OK.

I think they rely on another dealer, they take your order but they don't have the coins actually.

Of course is nothing wrong with this type of business and if you don't mind waiting 1 month for your order is no difference like to buy from somewhere else.

Regards

More silver coins on my website

dancu.co.uk

On 03/08/2022 at 16:23, daca said:

I received my last package (all the coins were in stock when making the order) on the 27 of July, exactly one month after making the payment.

Never had problems with them, sadly the long waiting period is something that didn't disappear after march 2020

I know they have a good reputation so I wasn't too worried when I made the purchase and didn't immediately receive a confirmation. The waiting itself is not the problem. I am in no rush. However the lack of communication about the order and the progress does make me feel a bit uneasy.  

21 minutes ago, Dawnbreaker said:

I know they have a good reputation so I wasn't too worried when I made the purchase and didn't immediately receive a confirmation.

Please clarify,  did you received a confirmation on placing the order? Did you pay the amount ask for the order made before 1 of July? What is the status of the order in your account?

Edited by daca

Hade the same problem here. Ordered and payed for a couple of tubes of regular bullion coins in the last few days before 30th of June. Didnt here anything from them so when the fourth weekend since I placed my order had started I emailed them regarding this. And just a couple of hours later my order was sent out to me with UPS Express. Hope this info is to some use for you :)

On 06/08/2022 at 00:56, erinil1 said:

Hade the same problem here. Ordered and payed for a couple of tubes of regular bullion coins in the last few days before 30th of June. Didnt here anything from them so when the fourth weekend since I placed my order had started I emailed them regarding this. And just a couple of hours later my order was sent out to me with UPS Express. Hope this info is to some use for you :)

Thanks, I was fearing I was the only one having this kind of problem. Anyway, they quickly responded to my 2nd e-mail saying that they still hadn't received some coins I ordered from the Pressburg Mint and that it would take probably another 1 to 2 weeks extra for them to receive them and send them to me. Like I said before the wait is not immediately a problem for me. I kind of anticipated it. The fact that I didn't hear anything however did worry me. Anyway thank you for the response and I have to say that they do really respond quickly to e-mails and any concerns you might have. 

Edited by Dawnbreaker

On 05/08/2022 at 11:04, daca said:

Please clarify,  did you received a confirmation on placing the order? Did you pay the amount ask for the order made before 1 of July? What is the status of the order in your account?

Thanks for your reply. I did receive a confirmation on placing the order. I had not received a confirmation on the payment nor could I find the status of the order in my account. It said I had no outstanding orders. Hence the confusion on my part. They have responded that they are still waiting on some coins from the Pressburg Mint that were on pre-order when I ordered and that everything else is fine. So now I am back (but this time more confidently) in waiting mode.

Edited by Dawnbreaker

• 4 months later...

Excuse me for not following up on this earlier. I have had a death in the family (my father) and my mother wasn't and isn't able to deal with the aftermath so I have had a very busy remainder of 2022. Since then I have received a package from "European Mint". And I will share the results with the forum shortly. Thank you for your patience and I hope to be more active on this forum the coming year. 

Edited by Dawnbreaker
incomplete sentence