• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Monitoring Thread £ (GBP) only.

Message added by ChrisSilver

To discuss price action in USD instead, please see here: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19861-silver-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

It hasn't even doubled yet. I am not even tempted to sell for what will be a mere blip on a very large move on the y axis.

300-500% peak to trough move is coming - MINIMUM. It bears repeating that bull markets always run longer and further than anyone thinks they can, even the early adopter/smart money guys end up selling WAY too soon and end up missing out on the really big moves. 

I will consider selling after 6 years, not 6 months!

Need we reminding...? 

-1x-1.png

@rebnah your hunch on silver could be confirmed if you study the relationship of the "Gold and Silver Ratio"

https://www.providentmetals.com/knowledge-center/precious-metals-resources/gold-to-silver-ratio-explained.html

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/09/gold-silver-ration.asp

@vand ha! You beat me to it!

Edited by ApisMellifera

4 minutes ago, vand said:

It hasn't even doubled yet. I am not even tempted to sell for what will be a mere blip on a very large move on the y axis.

300-500% peak to trough move is coming - MINIMUM. It bears repeating that bull markets always run longer and further than anyone thinks they can, even the early adopter/smart money guys end up selling WAY too soon and end up missing out on the really big moves. 

I will consider selling after 6 years, not 6 months!

Need we reminding...? 

-1x-1.png

Like I said my opinion only. I only buy as a small hobby as I have nothing better to do with my spare money.

all I ever usually do it waste cash on rubbish I.e cars, expensive watches, the latest huge screen over priced TV and so on.

like this I still get the buzz of spending but not wasting money.

so if I can make a profit it makes a nice change from loosing money.

In regards to vaulting, I also see vaulting as alternative location to 'stack/store' physical PM's and I'm still looking into it but I think it's a good alternative to have on the side.

My plan is to set a certain amount on cash for physical PM's and the vault. (Roughly 80% towards physical and 20% vault). I will review the vault on a yearly basis and will sell 80%, depending on the spot price, and use those fund to purchase physical metals.

2 hours ago, rebnah said:

Like I said my opinion only. I only buy as a small hobby as I have nothing better to do with my spare money.

all I ever usually do it waste cash on rubbish I.e cars, expensive watches, the latest huge screen over priced TV and so on.

like this I still get the buzz of spending but not wasting money.

so if I can make a profit it makes a nice change from loosing money.

That's great. 

I personally think that you are selling your 1oz Queen Beasts way too early, I believe it would be a much better investment in the long-run, especially if you have collected the whole QB series as the lion will be probably the most wanted amongst collectors as it's the first of the series. But aanywayss ... that's my view and another topic... :) 

Edited by ApisMellifera

24 minutes ago, ApisMellifera said:

That's great. 

I personally think that you are selling your 1oz Queen Beasts way too early, I believe it would be a much better investment in the long-run, especially if you have collected the whole QB series as the lion will be probably the most wanted amongst collectors as it's the first of the series. But aanywayss ... that's my view and another topic... :) 

Think your right, it's a stunning coin. I think I might keep hold of it as its my last one.

5 hours ago, HighlandTiger said:

errrrr are you sure? 

Gold in $ is up nearly 3% in the last fortnight, and silver is up nearly 10% in the same time period. If that's flat, gawd knows what it'll look like if it takes off. We'll have passed the moon and be heading towards Pluto.

:)

I was commenting about why there has been a rise in the

daily price and that it was caused by a fall in the £ as opposed

to a rise in the pms. @Danny-boy asked about the rise in silver.

HH

4 hours ago, ApisMellifera said:

In regards to vaulting, I also see vaulting as alternative location to 'stack/store' physical PM's and I'm still looking into it but I think it's a good alternative to have on the side.

My plan is to set a certain amount on cash for physical PM's and the vault. (Roughly 80% towards physical and 20% vault). I will review the vault on a yearly basis and will sell 80%, depending on the spot price, and use those fund to purchase physical metals.

vaulting has it's place. I would use up any free low quantity storage for

pms before choosing to vault. the initial one off premium on physical

is slowly offset against the yearly vaulting charge. my biggest

problem with it is that vaulted physical cannot be used as insurance.

if you cannot trust governments then why would you trust laws made

by governments to guarantee vaulted pms is there when you ask for it?

HH

1 hour ago, HawkHybrid said:

vaulting has it's place. I would use up any free low quantity storage for pms before choosing to vault. the initial one off premium on physical is slowly offset against the yearly vaulting charge. my biggest problem with it is that vaulted physical cannot be used as insurance. if you cannot trust governments then why would you trust laws made by governments to guarantee vaulted pms is there when you ask for it?

HH

I have considered low quality storage locations and/or also private safety deposit boxes (no bank) to store physical PM's outside the home. This is purely for physical PM's.

I'm considering vaults for 'diversity' for my 'eggs' ( I think diversity sums it up wel) and that’s why I only plan to allocate more or less than 20% of my PM budget towards a vault. I mainly like the 'liquidity' aspect (buy and sell close to spot) of vaults and the option to have the "PM's" in different countries.

Yes, one can be sceptical, can think that you can't proof that your PM is really there and that it's just a bunch of numbers on a screen. At the end of the day it's about trust and I think the people who created the vaults such as BullionVault and GoldMoney, have a stacker mindset, a mind-set that I can trust. Yes anything can happen to these companies.. yet anything can happen to your (physical) storage . I'm just looking into and discussing the options.

6 hours ago, ApisMellifera said:

Just be careful 'saving' using bullion vaulting. Once you start you can not stop investing routinely until your metal is in profit (calculated including ongoing fees which add up over long time periods). You are not just saving in silver or gold, you are also paying an opportunity cost by routinely giving up your money until such a point as you can sell. If you stop buying but don't sell, you will eventually find that paying the higher premium and having the additional hassle for physical did not seem like such a bad idea after all cost wise. There are pro's and con's to both, you need to weigh them up yourself of course. 

See, what I don't understand is this.

If its currency related, surely gold and silver would be doing a similar thing.

But broadly speaking, silver is up 6% today and gold 2% if that.

Is it just because silver is cheaper to buy by weight?

Stacker since 2013

4 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

It's not solely sterling currency related, You only have to look at the charts in dollars. Silver has increased by over $1 just today.

However, it is brexit related.

Although our stock market has hardly been affected, stock markets in other European countries are struggling. People realise that the EU cannot be as successful without the UK, as with. They have a big black hole to fill without our contributions, and no-one knows whether the EU will even survive. Countries all over the world are worried that their EU trade could be hit if the EU collapses. Hence the worldwide run on Pm's at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, Danny-boy said:

it's a combination of currency fluctuations and individual metal

pricing. they both act on the price at the same time. sometimes

one is more dominant, sometimes the other. it seams the threat

of lower uk rates is not all that's moving the pm markets.

instead of trying to trade the fluctuations, just be happy that the

gb prices are going up?

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

Hopefully things will settle down a bit soon.  Maybe some politician will pipe up with some sort of plan.

Is anyone here really ready to stop buying and wouldn't most of us preferred to continue buying at the sort of prices we've had recently?

Maybe it will be worth a dabble on some of the shares that have dropped considerably like construction?  I don't think I'd risk buying banking shares but I see mining shares have increased recently which is hardly surprising.

if you think housing is overpriced then construction could be a long wait

for any profits. low could get lower, high could get higher. I would stay

with the winning team for now. it's not about averages, it's about what

makes money.

HH

Its Been 16 months Since I bought ANY SILVER.. Sold around 60% of my stack.. due to financial situations. 

Looking at the prices today.. do you think I should place an order at £15 per oz? 

AND ITS good to be back.. I remember this forum when it was just a hand few of people !