• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Buying from Bairds with a card

Have only ever purchased from Bairds by going to Hatton Garden and handing over currency.

As that isn't an option, I tried to use their website.

Neither of my email addresses are recognised, so unable to sign in.

It is asking for ID, which I don't want to provide (again).

Using guest checkout, I get to the card details page, it states only 10% will be taken by card and the balance by bank transfer or funds on account.

Can I buy it 100% on a card with no ID??

If I pay the 10% on a card, can I do the balance via BACS, without them wanting any ID?

Failing that, where can i buy with just a card? Was looking at 4* 500g cast silver bars. 

I find this pretty unbelievable to be honest.

Bairds price for a 500g poured bar is £273.35 including VAT and delivery.

Atkinsons price for a 500g poured bar is £312.86 including VAT and delivery.

How are Bairds so cheap in comparison to everybody else?

Stacker since 2013

• Founder & Administrator
42 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

Arshimo has just listed some 1kg bars that are way cheaper than 2x500g from a dealer.

For members who purchase Premium Membership, you can see Arshimo's listings 3 days early, as well as all of the trade listings. I wouldn't advise publicly stating what he has available, as Premium Members should be allowed to pick up the deals first as they are supporting the forum. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

1 hour ago, TopHatsTales said:

Thanks for that.

Will I have to provide them with a load of ID too?

No you can checkout as guest. Pay the deposit with card. then an email is sent to you with details. you pay the remaining balance by bank transfer. 

Optional: I would phone and ask if they received it. (I have in the past).

4 minutes ago, Xander said:

It seems a bit behind the times, I wonder if it costs  them custom.

I've never bough anything from either Chards nor Bairds, and to be honest that's put me off ever buying from Bairds, I'd happily pay extra within reason to avoid all the hassle of having to send them I.D.. and c**p like that even if it just means emailing them a photo of the photo page in any of my passports especially if I'm spending less than 10K in a single purchase, but then I'm the sort of person who refuses to carry any form of I.D. on principle, it's not my job or responsibility to prove who I am or am not, that's part of  law enforcements job and problem.  I refuse to carry any of my driving licences and even go so far as to use ''wet and dry'' to sand my name off of all my bank and credit cards - I remove my name from my bank and credit cards to prevent people from being able to use them should I lose my wallet or should my wallet be stolen or pickpocketed

2 minutes ago, Seth said:

I've never bough anything from either Chards nor Bairds, and to be honest that's put me off ever buying from Bairds, I'd happily pay extra within reason to avoid all the hassle of having to send them I.D.. and c**p like that even if it just means emailing them a photo of the photo page in any of my passports especially if I'm spending less than 10K in a single purchase, but then I'm the sort of person who refuses to carry any form of I.D. on principle, it's not my job or responsibility to prove who I am or am not, that's part of  law enforcements job and problem.  I refuse to carry any of my driving licences and even go so far as to use ''wet and dry'' to sand my name off of all my bank and credit cards - I remove my name from my bank and credit cards to prevent people from being able to use them should I lose my wallet or should my wallet be stolen or pickpocketed

Blimey, you are hardcore!!!

Stacker since 2013

There's some misinformation in the thread. OP - the simple answer is you can pay the 10% by card, then the remaining 90% by Bank Transfer. There will be no need for ID given the amount you are spending. 

13 hours ago, TopHatsTales said:

Paid 10% on a card and just BACS the balance.

So, now I wait....

Says 3 weeks, but have others received silver sooner?

Yes I got mine a lot quicker, I think it was just over a week. I think it's a fair disclaimer given everything that's going on, but hopefully you receive it much sooner than 3 weeks. 

On 23/04/2020 at 17:03, Danny-boy said:

I find this pretty unbelievable to be honest.

Bairds price for a 500g poured bar is £273.35 including VAT and delivery.

Atkinsons price for a 500g poured bar is £312.86 including VAT and delivery.

How are Bairds so cheap in comparison to everybody else?

Am I right in thinking the Baird price is excluding Vat?

• Founder & Administrator
50 minutes ago, EHH said:

Am I right in thinking the Baird price is excluding Vat?

Yes, if you multiply the price by 1.2 you will get the price including VAT

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Archived