• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Should I buy right now or wait till later this year?

badar

I wanted to know everyones opinions regarding the price now. Would you recommend to buy now or wait until the end of the year to see if prices drop after the pandemic settles around October? I do realise quantitative easing may have an impact on gold prices rising too. I am a bit double minded on buying at the moment.  I already have a fair amount of silver but now I want to get into gold.

Just wanted to gather everyones opinions and obviously its all speculation as the price can go either way.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Founder & Administrator

Price of gold may be higher at the end of the year or it may be lower at the end of the year :) 

It may be best to buy a regular amount each month to average out the uncertainties, with the hope that long term the price rises. 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

Agreed, I'm buying Gold on dips as I think its a good shout right now.

Anyone who tells you they are 100 percent on the price at the end of the year are generally kidding themselves or have invested interest and are trying to kid someone else.

I have a feeling we will see $2000 (or close to anyway) sometime before the end of the year

I have a feeling we will see $900 gold in the next 5 years

I have no idea why I feel like that, it's based on nothing so as advice it's worth nothing 😛 

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

25 minutes ago, badar said:

I wanted to know everyones opinions regarding the price now. Would you recommend to buy now or wait until the end of the year to see if prices drop after the pandemic settles around October? I do realise quantitative easing may have an impact on gold prices rising too. I am a bit double minded on buying at the moment.  I already have a fair amount of silver but now I want to get into gold.

Just wanted to gather everyones opinions and obviously its all speculation as the price can go either way.

Is your reason of buying gold because of price? Because gold price moves with uncertainty, and uncertainty comes from the darkness without any warning. Now are you going to get your gold? 😬

Lots of media and influencers saying recession and possibly a depression on the card's.

They're already debasing the currencies across the globe.

Housing market crisis and a few bank's collapsing? 

If you haven't any exposure to gold it might be prudent to buy some?

download.png

Best strategy is to just buy in the dips, especially if you're getting into gold with smaller coins like sovereigns - which I am guessing you are looking at since you're in the UK - because even if you do buy on a price-peak by accident you probably won't over-pay by too much a sum. - Especially if you are planning to hold the gold long-term.

I would say don't sweat too much about the price, what matters is getting the physical gold in your possession.  And even if you pick up a few sovs now and in a year's time the price is, say, back under £1,200/oz then you can just buy more gold then to bring down the average price-per-ounce of your stack.  

3 minutes ago, Sparrow said:

I would say don't sweat too much about the price, what matters is getting the physical gold in your possession.  And even if you pick up a few sovs now and in a year's time the price is, say, back under £1,200/oz then you can just buy more gold then to bring down the average price-per-ounce of your stack.  

BANG on! 👍

Buy now and think of it as if you deposited your money into your bank account, there will come a day that it won't matter how much you paid for your gold but how many ounce or grams of gold you actually have in your possession .

Thanks a bunch for the insightful replies. I think I'll pull the trigger on a britannia at £1448 later today, before the price rises. If it falls a bit later in the year, I'll grab one or a few more to lower the average. Although, It just stings that my father bought gold at £750 an ounce in 2013 😭.

5 minutes ago, badar said:

Thanks a bunch for the insightful replies. I think I'll pull the trigger on a britannia at £1448 later today, before the price rises. If it falls a bit later in the year, I'll grab one or a few more to lower the average. Although, It just stings that my father bought gold at £750 an ounce in 2013 😭.

Aye, and in 7 yrs time we might be paying £2000 an oz - so you’ll be a winner too then 👍🏻

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

5 minutes ago, badar said:

Obviously a risk but as a rule I never buy when price is on an up on the fear that it will go up further.

Always buy on a dip, price will generally go up and down. 

Thats just me.

£1448 seems too much for a Britannia.

8 minutes ago, badar said:

19 minutes ago, Blehhhh said:

Obviously a risk but as a rule I never buy when price is on an up on the fear that it will go up further.

Always buy on a dip, price will generally go up and down. 

Thats just me.

Yeah your advice is better. I’ll keep a lookout for any dips in price and then start buying. 

the smarter than I, macro investors would tell you too look at history, then decide if something is cheap or tapped out.

Should PM fly through the roof at the paper markets, yes. Artificially laying low, yes. Does that mean they will ever let it go to the moon and above historical fruition? Nope. Most all data all shows PM are insanely under "valued" at the paper markets. But again, that doesn't always equate to reality.

Gold is historically the worst of the big three to buy right now. Platinum is the best buy but most risk. Silver is overall most stable, and most room to still go based on historical figures.

No one knows for sure but I would wait until at least November/December.   Stacking cash and paying down debt would be a smart financial move.  Buying gold on speculation after this crazy bull run?  Maybe not so smart.  Would it surprise anyone if gold was $2000 USD in December?  No.  Would it surprise anyone if gold was $1350 USD in December?  No.

But, I think the probability is leaning more towards a lower price rather than a higher price six months from now.

However, I'm not quite ready to believe my own prediction otherwise I would be selling now,  and  buying back in a few months for less ;-)

Remember,  people that bought 8 or 9 years ago (!) still are sitting on essentially the same $$ of gold value all these years later.  Think about that for a moment before you dive in.

The best tip I can offer is to buy low and sell high ;-)

7 minutes ago, Robb said:

No one knows for sure but I would wait until at least November/December.   Stacking cash and paying down debt would be a smart financial move.  Buying gold on speculation after this crazy bull run?  Maybe not so smart.  Would it surprise anyone if gold was $2000 USD in December?  No.  Would it surprise anyone if gold was $1350 USD in December?  No.

But, I think the probability is leaning more towards a lower price rather than a higher price six months from now.

However, I'm not quite ready to believe my own prediction otherwise I would be selling now,  and  buying back in a few months for less 😉

Remember,  people that bought 8 or 9 years ago (!) still are sitting on essentially the same $$ of gold value all these years later.  Think about that for a moment before you dive in.

The best tip I can offer is to buy low and sell high 😉

So by that logic you are selling you're gold right?

If I thought gold was going to rise dramatically I would be buying.
If I thought the price right now was near its peak I would be selling and locking in some nice profit.
Unfortunately like most people I haven't a clue and no-one can predict the future price so I am afraid the answer is no different to betting on red or black on the roulette table.
Based on ratios I would still favour silver and platinum right now and leave gold to settle.
Very easy to rub your hands together in delight if you bought gold a year ago but don't get too cocky ( as I did with silver some years ago and suffering the consequences today ).

20 minutes ago, Blehhhh said:

So by that logic you are selling you're gold right?

Gold isn't logical.

I have my trigger finger on a "buy it now"  1961 Peru Gold 100 Soles Liberty right now 😉

Trust your intuition but don't rush. It's easy to rush into a purchase worried you may miss out then feel regretful afterward. That said if something looks and feels right with great certainty it likely is for you at that time. Procrastination can ferment resentment of your own desires. Also, look on the forum trade section, some great low premium deals on gold to be had. There were a few people selling gold Britannias for a fair bit less than the price you found quite recently, but I'm not 100% sure of the spot at the time of each sale. Research your dealers, there are more than you may think and there can be a surprising difference in what they charge for each piece. 

Easy place to start as they can be sold on easily and don't carry a huge premium; sovereigns. You'll likely read/here that a lot but it's because it's true. Buy in a dip at 4% and feel like you've done well! 

Archived