• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Anyone sold large ish amount of gold?

Cornishfarmer

sold about £50k worth to Atkinson's.  stress free as I was working a 10 minute walk away from their shop at the time.

made an appointment, strolled in then sat in a customer booth while they checked the gold with a scanner.  payment made by bank transfer and in my account the next day.

they don't pay above spot on bullion, not sure on collectibles

Why not put gold up for sale here at spot? - see how it goes - if you get rid of some of it at a better price than you will offloading to a dealer wouldn't that be worth it? i guess if you don't get the land you would not want to sell the gold so really you want to offload quickly.

Depends how quickly the deal proceeded and how much the land is costing.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

@Cornishfarmer, I would definitely recommend listing your coins here on the forum for sale in the first instance- its a great place to sell- and you’ll net more than from any dealer.  

The ones that don’t sell- ship them off. 

Any Libertads? Please don’t hesitate in giving me a shout. 

The vultures are already circling....

download.gif.cb54e6f81c881c95c90f15529e794c8a.gif

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Fair bit of bullion but some key pandas, all queens beasts, Somalia elephants back to 2012 etc

try chards, you will get a decent price for the bullion and may get a decent deal on the numis. check to see what they would be selling them for, it may give you some leverage.

I know someone who sold a large chunk to them 2 or 3 years ago and it went well.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

9 hours ago, Stacker2020 said:

If there are they won't be in business long!

One assumes dealers have a defined margin in mind. I imagine so long as they can make that margin, paying over spot to acquire the coin should be feasible. It would make sense to do so. For bullion coins it would of course be a bad idea! 

19 hours ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Worst thing is it’s an auction so won’t know until after if I have to sell or not

If it's an auction won't you only have to pay 10% on the day and then the balance in 28 days?

If so, Id just sell the easily replaceable bullion for the deposit then you can proceed on further sales if you are the winning bidder.

1 minute ago, Cornishfarmer said:

Wow they really have cut their price coins get 99% a couple of years ago

I have absolutely no evidence for this, what do I know- I'm only new to this game- but my guess is that the 93% buy in price is likely due to the current extreme volatility of the Gold price in the last week or two due to world events?  

Despite my guess- a 93% buy price is pretty lame and not going to attract much interest. 

You say a couple of years ago they offered 99%- a summary of Gold Price in 2017 shows modest changes:

1441216674_Screenshot2020-01-11at13_55_56.png.ea2d5eb07cb995bd911f4f4299f72029.png

And over the last year there's so much more volatility:

1476848072_Screenshot2020-01-11at13_57_01.png.d4512a5b4719dd473d61a32754aab61b.png

Archived