• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Happy Stackers?

Serendipity

We are approaching the end of the year. How many stackers are happy with their gold and/or silver stacks for this year? I’m more or less happy with mine. I was mostly focused on 1oz gold coins and managed to get four. I was lucky to get the Lion of England before the price hike. I’ll also attempt to squeeze in another ounce before December. Last year I was mainly focused on collecting the world’s most popular 1/4oz gold coins, everything from the Libertad to the Kangaroo. Next year I’ll focus on sovereigns as well as some more 1oz gold coins. What are your stacking plans for next year?

Very happy thank you. Managed to pick up some interesting bibelots on my travels as well as from some always friendly and generous forum members. When the gold price increased recently I liquidated some US assets from the vault - previously purchased when the $ was lower before the Brexit vote - and made a very tidy profit. Nice. Increased my Swiss holdings, but only broke even on the Asian market. 

💷 💷 Check out my Wanted adds and message me direct if you can help 💷 💷 

Unbelievable year PM prices. I remember last year started stacking both Gold and Silver majority stack QB series don’t think anyone could either predicted premiums QB continue significantly increase or PM prices would increase let alone both at the same time. Picked up some interesting pieces started a couple new series but more of a collection than stacking. Due increases PM prices not significantly added to the stack this year but very fortunate to time asset allocation between bonds and equities and managed avoid some major drawdowns in Indian stock market but hesitant pulling trigger earlier year adding to the stack when spot Gold $1275. I have a very long term price target for Gold but going to be lots of twists and turns and their will be further opportunities to significantly add to the PM stack provided keep emotions in check.

I’m happy with my stack, this year was a good experience regarding saving and spending less on consumer items.  I had a big holiday at the start of the year so planned my gold buying towards the end but the rise in gold means I’ll have a half oz or so less than I planned.  I’ve learnt that i’m better at just buying when I have the money rather than waiting for a price drop.

I started buying US junk silver as a fun/hobby side of stacking while concentrating on gold.  I’ll get a US gold buffalo by the end of the year to reach my target. 

I have bought no physical this year, I recently converted 4 x 1 oz queens beasts into 5 ounces of gold and change, still have the bull and Yale they have joined the bullion Brit's now. Otherwise I've only bought gold miners earlier this year and since rise in gold I've been buying blocks of shares in companies that I think should do well under the environment I think is coming. I sold a Britannia to partially pay for a holiday so broken even on physical. 

I have a sovereign tube to fill next year but depends on gold price and what the stock market offers. 

I'm happy, only started stacking in April and was lucky enough to get the bulk whilst the prices were sub £1000/oz. Still buying now though. Originally just wanted to get 2 oz/year but already gone over!

Stack this year:

2016 1/10 Brits x 5

1989 1/10 Brit

2014 1/10 Brit

1983 proof 1/10 Krug

1981 1/10 Krug

1984 1/10 Krug

2015 Full Sovereign 

2019 Full Sovereign 

1979 Proof full Sovereign 

1984 Proof full Sovereign 

2007 Proof Double Sovereign 

I have been happy with the price action this year as it's the first time I've personally experienced such movements in the PM's since starting out 2017.

It has also been the first time I have sold an item of significant size, an Oz of Au. It was a good experience and it has enabled me to test the waters slightly as I now know PM's can be versatile. 

Physical side of things has been plodding along however the focus next year will be the miners and speculative plays. 

Interesting times,

18 hours ago, Tn21 said:

I have been happy with the price action this year as it's the first time I've personally experienced such movements in the PM's since starting out 2017.

It has also been the first time I have sold an item of significant size, an Oz of Au. It was a good experience and it has enabled me to test the waters slightly as I now know PM's can be versatile. 

Physical side of things has been plodding along however the focus next year will be the miners and speculative plays. 

Interesting times,

Like your approach.  I am going to be putting chunks of cash into very speculative Australian mineral stocks.

Has worked well

for a number of my relatives.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

On 04/10/2019 at 08:10, RichmondStacker said:

I’m happy with my stack, this year was a good experience regarding saving and spending less on consumer items.  I had a big holiday at the start of the year so planned my gold buying towards the end but the rise in gold means I’ll have a half oz or so less than I planned.  I’ve learnt that i’m better at just buying when I have the money rather than waiting for a price drop.

I started buying US junk silver as a fun/hobby side of stacking while concentrating on gold.  I’ll get a US gold buffalo by the end of the year to reach my target. 

I also have my eye on a buffalo for Christmas.  

Reasonably happy with my PM buying this year - certainly the prices I've paid look good in retrospect.  Added the Yale, Royal Arms and 2019 Oriental Border Britannia in 1oz gold, the Yale and an RM Lunar Monkey in 1/4 oz gold, 3 x 2019 sovereigns, a Royal Arms and 2019 Oriental Britannia in 1oz silver, plus a 10oz silver Britannia bar and a 10oz 2018 Valliant.  

Haven't bought any physical since the price started spiking in mid May. I am waiting for the price to dip again, but if it doesn't, I will just reset my buying range and save up a bit more...

Next year I'm looking to add the remaining Queen's Beasts in 1oz and 1/4 oz gold, and buy a 2020 sovereign.  Anything else will be an impulse buy, driven by its design, its price, or both 😋

I'm happy.......though I sold some stuff to buy more numismatic coins,  I feel like having the funds to even stack, I'm blessed. Go to other countries where people struggle to even put food on the table, I can't complain! Can't wait to add to the stack next year and years onward!!

I’m sort of happy although i would like to add more but its around £800 more for 10 sovereigns than when i first started in June last year.

To quote something I’ve already said on the forum. “I’m happy for the gold i own, but mourn the gold I don’t”

Just the joys of stacking, but i do love it!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just dived back in and bought the 1oz and 1/4oz White Lion gold coins, given the current spot price of £1159/oz.  I had reset my buying range to 'below £1170'.  Regardless of whether it proves to be a shrewd decision, I executed my plan, came in under budget and have a couple of new shiny things winging their way to me 😋

Logically I should be happy with the price rises in Au and Ag but I've been unable to pull the trigger on making any purchases at these levels and now have an ever-growing want list of coins. In fact checking my notes I've only bought Pt in the last year.

I'm going to have to make some Au/Ag  purchases soon even at current levels but it doesn't feel right. My buys over the past few years were based on the overall feeling that gold and silver were both strongly undervalued which I just don't feel now. Unfortunately I'm now addicted to some of the series and new releases 😬... but I guess I'm not the only one with that particular 'problem' in a forum full of stackers.

I see myself as the ultimate happy stacker!

Started with silver stacking exactly 1 month ago and every day I have some coins rolling through my fingers (some in capsules haha). It's seriously enjoyable.

Spend way to much money in my first month but very very happy with 

25 x 1 Oz Maples
21 x 1 Oz Philharmoniker
12  x 1 Oz Kangaroos
5 x 1 Oz American Eagles
5 x 1 Oz Britannia's
2  x 1 Oz Rectangular Dragons
2 x 1 Oz Redback Spiders
4 x 2 Oz Queens Beasts
1 x 1 Oz Athenian Owl

Next month trying get the tubes with Eagles, Britannia's and Kangaroos full.

Archived