• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

Just now, HelpingHands said:

Done but it's probably not the best title but I don't know what the discussion is about.

@sixgun @HawkHybrid

i won't be using this thread - but thanks for the thought and effort. i am going to leave debate with HH - i cannot convince him of how things really work - i have been trying for a long time now, so i think it is time for me to call it a day.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

Big pop up for gold in USD and GBP - oil hit very hard as Russia refused to cut back on production.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

4 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Big pop up for gold in USD and GBP - oil hit very hard as Russia refused to cut back on production.

it's moving fast as well, £1294.43 as I type

Edited by Nick1368

i expect price to get choppy - the bulls and the market riggers are going to have a big scrap in the coming days - 

Just now, silenceissilver said:

Not again! If it continues like this, by the end of year all I will be able to afford a month will be half gram bars.

Hope you have got plenty in your stack already then. 

8 minutes ago, silenceissilver said:

I could be less, it could be more. I won't say how much I have, on this forum. But I'm a buyer.

good answer mate.

in a situation like this you never have enough gold in your stack, I personally wish I had more than what I currently have but like you I'm a buyer too and going to buy some more tomorrow morning 😎

Edited by Nick1368

After touching a peak of 22.5 in mid 2018, the Dow/Gold ratio has now fallen to 14.5

Rather significantly:

it is now below the 200 week ma, and the 50 and 200wma look like they will cross in a matter of a few weeks. Last time that happened was 2013 on the upside, and early 2002 on the downside.

http://schrts.co/XinIxrJR

Gold starting to show lower support at £1295 / $1695.  Friday was just a spike.  Wonder if it will last.

Edit: nope! :lol:

Up, down, up, down, up, down!  Nearly $40 of volatility already and the western markets have yet to open.  Down to $1666.  Folks selling gold paper contracts to cover losing positions in oil, stocks etc.  Margin calls Monday morning are going to hurt and could easily see gold crash hard today.  The futures markets triggered the circuit breakers earlier and all trading was stopped as they'd hit their loss limits.:blink:  Going to be another wild week!

Edited by goldking

3 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

The GSR is pretty much 1:100 now.

This Andrews fork shows an interesting picture - the median line of the fork is the point of resistance the ratio is pulled back to - 

download (2).png

Despite the crash in the stock markets - despite panic in the trading rooms - we see gold taking a knock. This is illogical, we will hear the story that traders are having cover losses in their stocks. Gold surged last night - if it got its head, price would be racing up. Mr Wronger posted a table of the shorts held by the banks - should the paper price move up strongly this would put them under a lot of stress. They will have to capitulate b/c real money is an unstoppable force when most of the world outside the Western banking bubble is gold orientated. 

5 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Despite the crash in the stock markets - despite panic in the trading rooms - we see gold taking a knock. This is illogical, we will hear the story that traders are having cover losses in their stocks. Gold surged last night - if it got its head, price would be racing up. Mr Wronger posted a table of the shorts held by the banks - should the paper price move up strongly this would put them under a lot of stress. They will have to capitulate b/c real money is an unstoppable force when most of the world outside the Western banking bubble is gold orientated. 

Actually, I don't see it that way...gold could have sold off like everything else today initially, but it didn't... it's holding up really well, which shows a lot of strength. I think once the initial shock has sunken in a bit it could rally considerably. 

11 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Despite the crash in the stock markets - despite panic in the trading rooms - we see gold taking a knock. This is illogical

there's nothing illogical about it.

28th feb stocks tank, gold goes into the red.

is it so inconceivable that gold could go into the

red on todays stock tank?

should you not base your possibilities on past

experience?

HH

Edited by HawkHybrid

@HawkHybridThat which was illogical in the past, very likely remains illogical in the present.

Wait....
1st this isn’t yet a crash it’s a bear market.. 

2nd everyone is waiting to see how big the feds bailout is...

3rd gold will only climb significantly when credit starts being affected both corporate and private and that won’t be until the actual recession kicks in...