• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

£1887.02 close is a great end for the week

I,ll buy that for a $dollar 😉

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

1 minute ago, gji25 said:

I,ll buy that for a $dollar 😉

Amen brother!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

image.thumb.png.4be65d08edf51f000c6034db0aff93a0.png

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

I can't read the artlive on ZeroHedge as I don't have a Premium subscription, but the synopsis seems pretty clear!

image.thumb.png.9f22128b18311593681cd3b451523fb0.png

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I can't read the artlive on ZeroHedge as I don't have a Premium subscription, but the synopsis seems pretty clear!

image.thumb.png.9f22128b18311593681cd3b451523fb0.png

I have publish this one already. Just look at the post above yours. :)

As a premium subscription: archive the link in archive.is and the full article will reveal itself ...

Edited by Chronos

27 minutes ago, Chronos said:

I have publish this one already. Just look at the post above yours. :)

As a premium subscription: archive the link in archive.is and the full article will reveal itself ...

My apologies good sir. I've just learned something this morning. Thanks for the heads up and lesson! 

3 hours ago, Chronos said:

"Most Central Bank Gold Buying Is Unreported": In Stunning New Report, Goldman Sees "Significantly Higher" Gold Prices:

https://archive.is/LRAET

I can't get to it, times out, took too long

image.thumb.png.d1afb4602a80b3dffd1984ca78487084.png

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I can't get to it, times out, took too long

image.thumb.png.d1afb4602a80b3dffd1984ca78487084.png

I have no problem opening it ...

Just download and open this:

_Most Central Bank Gold Buying Is Unreported__ In Stunning New Report, Goldman Sees _Significantly Higher_ Gold Prices _ ZeroHedge (5_11_2024 9_41_06 AM).html

Edited by Chronos

4 hours ago, Chronos said:

Reported to Mrs. bobski

5 hours ago, bobski said:

I'd bum the carats out of her

9 hours ago, Gruff said:

image.thumb.png.4be65d08edf51f000c6034db0aff93a0.png

I beat you to it (reporting to Mrs Bobski). Apparently she's too busy having a elluva time with her boy toy to care (described as looking like the Hulk if I heard correctly ... may have been a Hulk).

9 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

In part that is already evident in the higher taxation that the US applies to Americans holding gold.

Although currently true, it is worth keeping abreast of news as regards such laws concerning "Constitutional" gold and silver legal tender in the US.

All Wars Are Central Bankers' Wars

6 minutes ago, PapaLazarou said:

Although currently true, it is worth keeping abreast of news as regards such laws concerning "Constitutional" gold and silver legal tender in the US.

Are these the laws that individual states are passing to ensure that gold and silver remain legal tender? I ask, as I struggle with some of the US laws and what applies etc..

23 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Are these the laws that individual states are passing to ensure that gold and silver remain legal tender? I ask, as I struggle with some of the US laws and what applies etc..

Who cares what they’re doing in America, although I’m sure someone will say that what they do there will happen here….🤔

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Bratnia said:

In part that is already evident in the higher taxation that the US applies to Americans holding gold.

14 minutes ago, Petra said:

Who cares what they’re doing in America, although I’m sure someone will say that what they do there will happen here….

If taxes on holding gold within the US were to be removed then I would hazard that consumer demand might rise a tad and hence we might potentially see a rise in gold prices. Hence I - and possibly others - care. If you choose not to care, fair enough.

As regards here in the UK, our own "Constitutionals" already offer the kind of non-taxable (VAT annd/or CGT) benefits that are not available to US citizens. I presumed you knew this.

Edited by PapaLazarou

1 hour ago, Bratnia said:

China prohibits exporting gold, whilst the West is permitting gold to be exported to China. With 123 times more paper gold than physical gold at some point physical gold in the West will become scarce. Western savers will have to rely more upon paper gold and the additional risks that involves - that if there is a gold-rush, sudden/high demand for physical delivery they'll be in a queue of 123 for each claim to one ounce of gold - highly likely being disappointed (lost their money). Indeed left as-is China may very well at some point opt to initiate/drive such a gold-rush, however instead as that risk rises the West (US) may very well look to impose changes such as prohibiting the export of gold, and when such policies are introduced they're more inclined to be accompanied with other conditions, such as the amount of physical gold individuals can own/hold. In part that is already evident in the higher taxation that the US applies to Americans holding gold.

The big questions therfore are,

1. How much gold will China want to hold before it does this?

2. What great world event will be the trigger?

The UK election will have zero impact on China, but the re-election of Trump may have (is there anything in the US constitution that bars you from office if you're a convicted criminal?)

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Thelonerangershorse said:

2. What great world event will be the trigger?

Weaponised. Conflict with US and hack the hell of its is highly electronics based society, maybe even EMP pulses, and/or hack/cripple the financial/other systems.

Edited by Bratnia

7 hours ago, bobski said:

I'd bum the carats out of her

A. Join the queue.

B. Return to A 

C. Look at B.

D. Reported!

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Gruff said:

US CGT on gold and silver coins currently stands at 28%.

Currently there is a senator (Moody iIrc) trying to push through a law to completely remove this tax on Constitutinal PM. His argument is along the lines that it is illogical, immoral and unconstitutuonal to tax the people for owning US money.

Edited by PapaLazarou