• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Gold Monitoring Thread £ GBP only

Paul
Message added by ChrisSilver

This topic is to discuss price action in GBP, to discuss price action in $ USD, please see this topic: https://thesilverforum.com/topic/19962-gold-monitoring-thread-usd-only/

📌 For general non PM chat there is the Hangout topic here: 

1 hour ago, 9x883 said:

I don't think the rates news is driving it. More likely the next phase  in the Russia-Ukraine war or the Gaza conflict. Gold buying by Central banks serving as a financial buffer for the impending economic ramifications of it all!

I  think that CB gold buying spree is because they know FIAT is dead in the water. It's been on life support since 2008 GFC and has been kept alive by QE infinity and every other Central Bank stimulus program. They are sucking out all the PMs and other natural resources and physical assets, because they know that when the lights come on and everyone sees the carnage the rush for the Exit will be a violent one and they want to be sitting pretty to then buy up even more assets on the cheap.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

5 minutes ago, Gruff said:

No, it'll still be blamed on Orange man bad mmmkay! 

Everything wrong with America is Trumps fault according to the left.

Examples

Philadelphia, Oregon, San Francisco, NYC

lefty voting shows the utopias of loveliness it creates 

Just now, Paul said:

Everything wrong with America is Trumps fault according to the left.

Examples

Philadelphia, Oregon, San Francisco, NYC

lefty voting shows the utopias of loveliness it creates 

And don’t mention Maggie for us.

1 minute ago, Go65 said:

And don’t mention Maggie for us.

Same stuff what happened in UK happened in USA with their coal and steel industries, in the name of ushering in the globalist agenda.

Maggie was only following her  orders, same as Ronald Regan did

10 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I  think that CB gold buying spree is because they know FIAT is dead in the water. It's been on life support since 2008 GFC and has been kept alive by QE infinity and every other Central Bank stimulus program. They are sucking out all the PMs and other natural resources and physical assets, because they know that when the lights come on and everyone sees the carnage the rush for the Exit will be a violent one and they want to be sitting pretty to then buy up even more assets on the cheap.

That sounds like a Rothschild conspiracy theory. Wait, did I say "conspiracy theory"? I meant trading strategy:

The Business ‹ London banking house :: The Rothschild Archive

Nathan Mayer Rothschild’s strategic vision extended beyond mere financial dealings. In the early 19th century, he established a Europe-wide network of messengers and carrier pigeon stations. These channels allowed him to gather information that could impact his investments. As a result, he gained a reputation for being first with the news. Legend has it that during the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815, other speculators closely watched Rothschild’s stocks to predict the outcome. Shortly after the battle concluded, long before anyone else knew the victor, he began selling stocks. The panic-selling that followed led everyone to assume that Napoleon had won and Europe was lost. However, Rothschild astutely bought up everything in sight, turning the situation to his advantage

Mind is primary and mass-energy is derivative

image.png.15722b344cff1505f1a5ca1a70d23333.png

Good no?!

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

17 minutes ago, James32 said:

Any of you rusty b*ggers up norf :D 

11 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

That sounds like a Rothschild conspiracy theory. Wait, did I say "conspiracy theory"? I meant trading strategy:

Nathan Mayer Rothschild’s strategic vision extended beyond mere financial dealings. In the early 19th century, he established a Europe-wide network of messengers and carrier pigeon stations. These channels allowed him to gather information that could impact his investments. As a result, he gained a reputation for being first with the news. Legend has it that during the Battle of Waterloo in June 1815, other speculators closely watched Rothschild’s stocks to predict the outcome. Shortly after the battle concluded, long before anyone else knew the victor, he began selling stocks. The panic-selling that followed led everyone to assume that Napoleon had won and Europe was lost. However, Rothschild astutely bought up everything in sight, turning the situation to his advantage

100% and at that time the FTSE wasn't 100 companies, but merely 30. History will tell you after that rout, he owned nearly 90% of all 30 companies on the stock market.

In other news did anyone see JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon is stepping down from.

Taking a boat load of share options

Rats leaving the sinking ship 🚢 ?? 

Lots of other major share selling offs to bezos, musk, gates 

3 hours ago, Go65 said:

Us interest rates higher for longer = gold down BUT GBP weaker = STASIS

It’s the other stuff that is the fun bit

Yep, this

We're celebrating GBP going down like it's gold that's going up. In reality gold is currently down today

Screenshot2024-04-10173450.thumb.png.1ceb5b7187da1b7386c62c40018d910b.png

Screenshot2024-04-10173515.thumb.png.813f954ef20e972cee6283dd53bb63b5.png

The above being a good excuse for the BoE to RAISE rates not cut. Being popular is fun 😁

2 hours ago, PapaLazarou said:

Unlikely. 

The Fed will cut in June.

Reasons/causes/propaganda will merely be adjusted/found/manipulated.

Nope. The market has already shifted to September as the first month with a majority cut view. June currently shows a 16.9% odds of cutting, down from 65%

31st July is about 42.5% odds of cutting

18th September is about 68.5% of cutting

Again another reason for the BoE to hike, on top of the obvious one that inflation is still a nightmare in the UK. Fan mail to @OrangeBastard2024

CME FedWatch Tool - CME Group

25 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

Everytime I see gold moving I think to myself.. HMGS is on the way with a TLDR post

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

Yes I did, but I think a lot of people are selling a lot of the time.  

JD is a smart guy - take a look at his views on the defect, inflation and rates.  

Not my circus, not my monkeys

3 minutes ago, Upsidedown said:

Everytime I see gold moving I think to myself.. HMGS is on the way with a TLDR post

I laughed but what is TLDR 🤔

8 minutes ago, Paul said:

I was highlighting this a few weeks ago albeit in the crypto thread (BTC correlates with big tech stocks). You're 100% right though, the world's richest men and the CEOs of major companies are having a billionaire's car boot sale. They have called the top and by default they can't be wrong, just like they weren't wrong the last few times they collectively sold shares

As for that p**** Jamie Dimon, I have my suspicions about that. Looks more like he's setting himself up for public office - failing upwards - like his mate Henry Paulson. It's a requirement for the Secretary of the Treasury to sell his shares before taking office so he can't be accused of, you know, orchestrating a trillion-dollar bailout for his buddies, cause that would NEVER happen 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Go65 said:

I laughed but what is TLDR 🤔

Too Long, Didn't Read.

4 minutes ago, HonestMoneyGoldSilver said:

Nope. The market has already shifted to September as the first month with a majority cut view. June currently shows a 16.9% odds of cutting, down from 65%

31st July is about 42.5% odds of cutting

18th September is about 68.5% of cutting

Again another reason for the BoE to hike, on top of the obvious one that inflation is still a nightmare in the UK. Fan mail to @OrangeBastard2024

Nope, if they go as far as Sept they WILL be accused of election interference.  Has to be sooner and hope it takes time to feed through until after the election.

New profile pic to support the current thing, because it's current year.

Just now, James32 said:

Too long didn't read

Beat me to it, but with less grammar.