• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Increase of gold sales on the forum, are you buying?

Downs523

I have noticed a big increase of gold being listed for sale on the forum which is obviously due to the increase in spot price. Most listings seem to sell quickly, is anyone actively buying gold now? What are your reasons? 

I follow the phrase "buy low sell high"😂

I was considering buying but feel it's expensive for me right now and silver is the better option. Just my humble opinion 😀

Gold is now over £1100/oz. i have been buying gold in the last week. Members are schizophrenic when it comes to price. They want price to go up but then become dismayed when it goes up. i just buy. The price is higher but not so much - not so much that it matters to me. Certainly not enough for me to consider selling any. 

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

I have been buying gold from the forum last week (just on Friday, not received it yet) because at this stage of my life I'm in my buying phase. I don't know what the price will be tomorrow thus for me it's always the right price when I have the money to buy. I don't think in 20 years it will make a difference. A few weeks ago I bought at $1007 or so and saw it going down 2 Pounds and thought, maybe I should have waited, with that purchase.

Added 0 minutes later...
11 minutes ago, sixgun said:

Members are schizophrenic when it comes to price. They want price to go up but then become dismayed when it goes up. i just buy.

That's me, lol. I want the fiat value of my stack to go up but I want to buy cheap.

if there are coins that you have ben searching for them for  some time and couldn't find them , now is a good time to use this high spot price to your advantage and pick those coins up, so I think that is one thing which is happening on the forum right now.

Also I think a lot of members are buying just because they think spot price will go even higher than what it is now, perhaps significantly higher than this,  maybe it does, maybe it doesn't, who knows.

And some like yourself are reluctant to buy at the moment and are waiting for the price to drop again, we shall see.

I personally sold a lot but I bought some as well.

I bought for two reasons. 

1. I get the feeling we are entering a bull run, if we do, expect prices to rocket. So buying before that within reason, makes sense. 

2. A fair few decent coins have been listed at decent prices especially if reflected against spot. Worth buying these

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

They want price to go up but then become dismayed when it goes up.
i just buy. The price is higher but not so much - not so much that it matters to me.
Buying and selling, as always
Also am buying for a long term, 
expect prices to rocket
. So buying before
buy buy buy...just don't go crazy
at this stage of my life I'm in my buying phase

Thank you guys... nice reassuring words... for a newy like me! we could write a book of TSF proverbs. Thank you

Had a basket full Silver/Gold from the European Mint all the coins wanted to buy to continue collecting/stacking (Gold/Silver Yales, 10oz Bull, 10oz Valiants) very close pulling the trigger Gold spot $1280. Now the same basket costs 1000 Euros more 😂.

Last year I made a mistake I should bought 1 oz Gold Britannia in the quantity of the remaining 1 oz Gold Queens Beasts coins I still wanted to buy. Easy to trade these in for Yale and the next three series yet to be released. Hindsight wonderful thing.

I could continue buy at these prices and justify by pound cost averaging but I am sitting on the sideline waiting for the spot price to go down.

I’m holding off at moment, I think now is the time to sell a little then buy in autumn. Things I think have made gold spike in $ Iran, China, sanctions, media hating trump. Then adding to it in £ Brexit, con leadership battle.    All these things are increasing price which cold rise for a bit longer but I think it’s a short term blip and will fall again.     Reasons for it not to fall would be Iran really kicks off and Corbin getting into power. People will make their decisions.

reasons I’d buy now are, because so many gold coins to market can find coins that aren’t normally available for not much more than before the spike.    Some nice pandas, Pre 33, Mexican libs, IOM nobles etc

1 hour ago, Cornishfarmer said:

reasons I’d buy now are, because so many gold coins to market can find coins that aren’t normally available for not much more than before the spike.    Some nice pandas, Pre 33, Mexican libs, IOM nobles etc

Exactly that. I have bought so many interesting coins in the last week off the forum  - many that were on my lists but were selling for much more even when spot was down. Right now am happy to pay the prices being offered for those odd ones. For example @fehk2001 has some nice 1/10- lunars at VERY reasonable prices, @arshimo2012 put up a couple of stonkers that sold pretty quick and would have demanded the same price even when spot was £950.  

New Forum Sponsor! See Items for sale here  Also on Instagram: Bargain Numismatics 

14 hours ago, sixgun said:

Gold is now over £1100/oz. i have been buying gold in the last week. Members are schizophrenic when it comes to price. They want price to go up but then become dismayed when it goes up. i just buy. The price is higher but not so much - not so much that it matters to me. Certainly not enough for me to consider selling any. 

Schizophrenic? Personally I think I've been clear that I want the price of gold to stay low until September 2020 when the last of the QB series is released, at which point I want it to take off.

Is that too much to ask? ;)

1 minute ago, FoolzGold said:

Personally I think I've been clear that I want the price of gold to stay low until September 2020...

Is that too much to ask? ;)

It looks like you have had your way long enough - it's someone else's turn.

Always cast your vote - Spoil your ballot slip. Put 'Spoilt Ballot - I do not consent.' These votes are counted. If you do not do this you are consenting to the tyranny. None of them are fit for purpose. 
A tyranny relies on propaganda and force. Once the propaganda fails all that's left is force.

COVID-19 is a cover story for the collapsing economy. Green Energy isn't Green and it isn't Renewable.

55 minutes ago, FoolzGold said:

Personally I think I've been clear that I want the price of gold to stay low until September 2020 when the last of the QB series is released, at which point I want it to take off.

Same here that exactly what I was hoping for to finish off the Queens Beasts collection in Gold/Silver and for the next bull run to start :)

54 minutes ago, sixgun said:

It looks like you have had your way long enough - it's someone else's turn. 

@FoolzGold joined Silver forum March 28, 2018 and myself July 8, 2018 was it to much to ask for Gold and Silver to be range bound for 2+ more years after we joined? That would have been long enough @sixgun new collectors and stackers to have added enough to their position.

5 hours ago, ilovesilverireallydo said:

Exactly that. I have bought so many interesting coins in the last week off the forum  - many that were on my lists but were selling for much more even when spot was down. Right now am happy to pay the prices being offered for those odd ones. For example @fehk2001 has some nice 1/10- lunars at VERY reasonable prices, @arshimo2012 put up a couple of stonkers that sold pretty quick and would have demanded the same price even when spot was £950.  

Yea I am surprise the lunar such as monkey and pig / rooster didn’t sell as quick because these are the price I have paid when gold was low 

now these are very close to spot price 

maybe people used most of their money on those 2019 sovereign ?😁

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

It’s a very good question. I do pound cost averaging so just keep on trucking regardless of price  

I prefer buying on the forum, and with gents like @Nick1368 it is always a pleasure. 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Am definitely not selling in the next few years and will continue to buy over the next few years.  But I am holding off buying at the moment, my next buying window will open in the autumn.

Like some others, I'd like the gold price to remain rangebound until the QB series finishes and then it can shoot to the moon 😋

I have managed to trade up some of my boring coins for more interesting ones.

Not actually cost me anything but I have added two new coins that I really wanted without spending £1000's. 

That said, if the next Queens Beasts were released tomorrow I would buy them. As with many others it's a 20 to 30 year game...in the famous words of Michael Caine, "Hang on a minute lads, I've got a great idea"

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

I’m selling to fund 3 months of me going self employed (to support cash flow and my regular expenditure). Just bad timing otherwise I’d be keeping hold of it. 😞 

Decus et tutamen (an ornament and a safeguard)

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5OjxoCIsDbMgx7MM_l4CmA

35 minutes ago, MancunianStacker said:

I’m selling to fund 3 months of me going self employed (to support cash flow and my regular expenditure). Just bad timing otherwise I’d be keeping hold of it. 😞 

what are you selling? :) maybe we can have a win-win situation 

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

I have managed to trade up some of my boring coins for more interesting ones.

Not actually cost me anything but I have added two new coins that I really wanted without spending £1000's. 

That said, if the next Queens Beasts were released tomorrow I would buy them. As with many others it's a 20 to 30 year game...in the famous words of Michael Caine, "Hang on a minute lads, I've got a great idea"

At least if we're not in a rush we can complete the beasties over a course of time, you don't get prizes for finishing first...what?, you do....hold my hat

Archived