• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen Victoria Celebration Sovereign Strike-On-Day

goldmember44

5 minutes ago, terakris said:

Almost done with the special years. I'm currently doing the SOTD ones, some are hard to find (early years).

I like the SOTD sovs... they are not for everyone, but i think they are pretty cool.

If I am not mistaken, the SOTDs prior to 2017 were nothing special - they just came in special packaging. Right?

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

If I am not mistaken, the SOTDs prior to 2017 were nothing special - they just came in special packaging. Right?

yeah, not special designs apart from sometimes a plain edge i think. some had pretty low mintages.

1 minute ago, westminstrel said:

I’m almost 100% sure not even plain edge for those SOTDs. This started with the 2017 SOTD. But happy to be corrected :)

No, you are probably right. I was just thinking what else they may have done, no privy that i can think of off the top of my head so though that would be the only other change they may have done.

Just now, Kman said:

Well, you were all wrong about dates 😎

Just got an email from RM that my order has been dispatched and is being delivered tomorrow 

Very pleased I actually got one 

Same here! Won’t be delivered tomorrow...but good things come to those who wait!😁

2 minutes ago, Kman said:

Well, you were all wrong about dates 😎

Just got an email from RM that my order has been dispatched and is being delivered tomorrow 

Very pleased I actually got one 

Empty box no coin inside 😊

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

Naturally with hindsight I do wish I'd bought one or two of these, to flip one and then possibly see how the other one (effectively free!) does over the longer term. They should/will never be sold at less than issue price imo, there is certainly no need for them to be, it's a seller's market, but you will need to find that market (not ebay once the hype has gone imho). If I had only one in the bag and no guarantee I could not hold on for possibly decades though I would sell now myself, £1000+ prices are crazy and may not be seen again for a while imvho, a return more than that would be unprecedented and I don't think this is the coin to do it (if any can). In fact if I had two I would probably cash in both and buy a couple of ounces of decent bullion gold, the opportunity cost is too great not to (for me).

The Mint's 'erratic' approach would be the worry for me going forward...

That said! Looking forward to see how everyone does with these and (especially) what they think of them in hand, hoping everyone is well chuffed with the quality and the coins :)

4 minutes ago, kimchi said:

Naturally with hindsight I do wish I'd bought one or two of these, to flip one and then possibly see how the other one (effectively free!) does over the longer term. They should/will never be sold at less than issue price imo, there is certainly no need for them to be, it's a seller's market, but you will need to find that market (not ebay once the hype has gone imho). If I had only one in the bag and no guarantee I could not hold on for possibly decades though I would sell now myself, £1000+ prices are crazy and may not be seen again for a while imvho, a return more than that would be unprecedented and I don't think this is the coin to do it (if any can). In fact if I had two I would probably cash in both and buy a couple of ounces of decent bullion gold, the opportunity cost is too great not to (for me).

The Mint's 'erratic' approach would be the worry for me going forward... 

That said! Looking forward to see how everyone does with these and (especially) what they think of them in hand, hoping everyone is well chuffed with the quality and the coins :)

it is hard to say 

wow 50k for a house , now 300k and still going up 

if I own a castle I probably will sell it and live in a caravan 

nothing is crazy as soon as these keeps on going up and everyone getting the benefits out of it 

maybe today I paid 1200 for a coin looks over priced but if I think it will go up in the future then it is NOT expensive , the seller may cry because he sells too early 

such as …. why did I sell my house 5 years ago now I missed out 100k extra profit 

8 minutes ago, JosephM said:

I hope you are right @kimchi i now wish i had one. I think reading through the forum hypes me up for coins i never wanted :)) hopefully hype dies down and i can get one for good price :D

keep hunting but it could be..... tomorrow never dies 

bond.jpg

I missed out on the coin.   Was mad because I was up just didn’t check phone.    So in afternoon picked up some cricket World Cup tickets,     Posted on stubhub and £450 investment turned into £1200 when they sold...... shows other things can be flipped for a good profit 

I just received my coin. Paperwork states the 650 coins is the limited edition presentation. I called RM who could not guarantee more of these coins would not be produced in the future. The 650 is purely the strike on the day in this box. To my mind this borders on fraud !!!

Sorry, should have introduced myself before posting the above. I’ve been browsing the forum for a while but just decided to sign up. I collect sovereigns & was lucky enough to get one of these. Hello to you all. I look forward to communicating with you. 

9 minutes ago, Jaguar147 said:

I just received my coin. Paperwork states the 650 coins is the limited edition presentation. I called RM who could not guarantee more of these coins would not be produced in the future. The 650 is purely the strike on the day in this box. To my mind this borders on fraud !!!

clearly says maximum coin mintage of 650 on their website, I think it's 99.9% safe to say they wont make anymore, but if they do then they will have trouble on their hands 

maximum.png

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

Archived