• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queen Victoria Celebration Sovereign Strike-On-Day

goldmember44

Yeah I think they will all have little issues, mine has a spot of matte missing and a line on the horses leg I don't think should be there

Unsure what would cause such a black line? 

It's pretty good otherwise 

missing.jpg.f1218f6905c5e040df865945bbe71b9b.jpg

line.thumb.jpg.93a618af4949487a1991eb027aa1666f.jpg

Help thread for members new to silver/gold stacking/collecting

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, goldmember44 said:

Yeah, I think you're absolutely right. I think this coin, not being a proof, is not always guaranteed to get a high grading... we may see several 68's and 69's... 70's will command a decent premium. Mine is not bad but I'm almost scared to send it off to be graded lol. 😛

I’m the same...I have no dots but do have issues elsewhere..(see pics) This is under massive magnification and not 8X which is what I think is used for grading, but the imperfections are sufficient to deter me from getting it graded...

E8947110-1F79-458C-A274-4E9250BA4449.png

E535ACCC-0DF3-43C6-A4B1-2BB9D61722CC.png

2 minutes ago, Kookaburracollector said:

Below the dragon?..i have seen several with a spot there. So far, I have not seen a single one of these coins without a fault, including my own..an MS70 one of these will be rare indeed in the future.

Yes. Indeed. I'm looking forward to see them coming back from grading. At least if almost ALL of them have some faults, one can lower your standards of expectation of what is considered average or normal for this coin. 

7 hours ago, Kman said:

I'm confused, one just finished at £780.00, not bad

But there's another one ending in a few hours and that was £845.00 well before the first ended

Finished at £865

The Money Printing Myth the Fed can't and don't money print - Deflation ahead, not inflation 

It is worth noting that all of these coins that sold for under £1,000 on Ebay didn't provide clear, close up pictures of the coins to show their condition. It shouldn't be taken as a guide for pricing a flawless coin.

1 minute ago, goldmember44 said:

It is worth noting that all of these coins that sold for under £1,000 on Ebay didn't provide clear, close up pictures of the coins to show their condition. It shouldn't be taken as a guide for pricing a flawless coin.

I think £780/£865 is very healthy 

Let all the people who want to sell put them into collectors hands, in the coming years there wont be any around to buy and the price will reflect that. 

5 hours ago, Kookaburracollector said:

I’m the same...I have no dots but do have issues elsewhere..(see pics) This is under massive magnification and not 8X which is what I think is used for grading, but the imperfections are sufficient to deter me from getting it graded...

Wouldn't having it graded give you more peace of mind though? Say for example they give you a 69... but everyone else gets 68 and 67... then you have the best result :)

@goldmember44 Hi, ..I have no experience of grading cois to date..I am only just coming round to the idea, and am not convinced that in the near future there won’t be a better method than the ones being used at the moment (human beings!)..

That said..I have not seen much evidence to suggest that a modern coin graded 69, provides sufficient uplift in value to warrant the expense of the grading. A 70 on the other hand does command a premium..to me it’s therefore a gamble on whether one’s judgement of perfection, reconciles with that of the experts who grade. For me, lacking the knowledge to make that determination, means I will probably not grade my coin.

If I didn’t own one of these coins but wanted one for my collection, I would personally wait, and then try and buy a 70 for less than £1k...these people too are gambling though..If a 70 proves to be as rare as I think they might be, then the market may determine a higher .price..bottom line is... nobody knows!

Interestingly, at the Midland Coin Fair last week there were a few of these for sale, and the dealers were trying to offload them fast which I think was a mistake. I could have bought one for £600. If I can buy one at this price next month, I might buy another if the condition warrants it, as I think at that price the risk / reward is favourable.

Not sure about PCGS but an NGC 70 is no post-production flaws isn't it? I can see lots of 69s and some 68s depending on the whim/knowledge of the graders (the problem with modern grading imo) but it's not the same as other issues like e.g. the Sapphire Coronation SotD where coins were scratched during delivery because the caps came loose due to bad design/packaging. These are clearly minting problems, and there's enough evidence online to show that. Most of the problems are identical.

Buy the coin, not the slab. 70 is not a perfect coin, proofs with missing frosting etc from production can get that grade. For such a limited edition as this, I would rather have a better looking coin that might be a 69 than an ugly one that is in a 70 slab.

10 minutes ago, Safestacker said:

If one was to get this coin graded and it received a 70, would it even be worth it? Would you even get the cost of the grading back plus a decent price for the coin? 

I'm not sure how much grading costs but I'd guess 70 will add at least £100-200, put you closer to £1000 short term, long term even better. 

One can submit coins for grading through Numistacker, it should cost around £30 per coin I think. And yes, if you get a 70 it would definitely be worth it, the price value uplift would be worth it. Would also give buyers more comfort for a quicker sell.

16 hours ago, goldmember44 said:

One can submit coins for grading through Numistacker, it should cost around £30 per coin I think. And yes, if you get a 70 it would definitely be worth it, the price value uplift would be worth it. Would also give buyers more comfort for a quicker sell.

How do you contact Numistacker ? 

On 16/06/2019 at 23:18, Kookaburracollector said:

Interestingly, at the Midland Coin Fair last week there were a few of these for sale, and the dealers were trying to offload them fast which I think was a mistake. I could have bought one for £600. 

Wow!!! Funds permitting- I would buy all in front of me for that price..

In fact, if there were more available than I had funds, I would borrow the cash to buy them. 

On 16/06/2019 at 23:18, Kookaburracollector said:

Interestingly, at the Midland Coin Fair last week there were a few of these for sale, and the dealers were trying to offload them fast which I think was a mistake. I could have bought one for £600. If I can buy one at this price next month, I might buy another if the condition warrants it, as I think at that price the risk / reward is favourable.

What are their names I want to buy at that price as well

MY TOTAL FORUM TRADE FEEDBACK IS 100 AND IT IS 100%

3 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

I’m first in line!!!😉

If there are names then yes you are forst in line 

I was there last week as well but they were asking for 1065 pounds 

5 minutes ago, fehk2001 said:

If there are names then yes you are forst in line 

I was there last week as well but they were asking for 1065 pounds 

My response was meant to ooze sarcasm and irony-  £600- there’s no such price

4 minutes ago, richatthecroft said:

My response was meant to ooze sarcasm and irony-  £600- there’s no such price

You never know ! 😀

Btw apparently there is no midland coin show last week 

it was the week before on the 9th 

hahahahahahahahahhaa 

1 minute ago, fehk2001 said:

You never know ! 😀

Maybe a fire sale proportionate to the Great Fire of London perhaps....

...now there’s an idea for the next 50p- I’ll call my agent to get in touch with the mint...these will be red hot 🥵 

Archived