• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

GOLD DEALS - (UK & Europe) See a deal, post it here

ChrisSilver
Message added by ChrisSilver,

Please do not use this section to share affiliate links, this is against forum rules. We do not want the forum to become full of spam links. Please note the announcement here, which explains in more detail

On 03/02/2024 at 20:45, paulmerton said:

Does anyone else get FOMO when there's suddenly several posts in a row in this thread 🤣

That’s EXACTLY what happened with the 1KG QB coin. 

6 in stock then 2 in stock then 💨

Surely your best value sovereign should be your cheapest, not according to HGM, it seems.  Anyone after 2022 sovereigns, get them while they last

https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/gold-sovereign-2022

https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/gold-sovereign

Never Chase and Never Regret 

41 minutes ago, Petra said:

Half sovereigns don’t seem to be hanging around anywhere🤔Their price staying pretty consistent 

Yep, they already seem to have become very popular

It is probably not a great deal but it’s very nice coin and cannot find cheaper. 2020 Oriental Gold Britannia.

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/uk-coin-ranges/britannia/gold/coins/britannia-2020-oriental-border-gold-1oz-coin/

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

3 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

I might know someone who has one cheaper.

#just sayin. 😆 

We’re talking a Gold One😁 £1610 posted- that one?

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 minute ago, Fenlander1 said:

For £1610 I will let you look at it. 😆 🤣 

Just pop the money in the post

OB1.thumb.jpg.9cde801d26a1efe56a4e4536e76bfadf.jpg

You get my super Love, you minx.

-Royal Mint 2024

5 hours ago, NGMD said:

You get my super Love, you minx.

If he sells it to me for £1610 he can have all of my super loves for a month

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

Has anyone ever bought a best value sovereign from the Royal Mint.  For the Royal Mint their prices are not terrible. 

Has anyone received a very worn coin

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/pre-owned-sovereign-coin/

This bit not too sure about as I know it it minimum legal requirement

• Minimum weight 7.93787g per coin

2 minutes ago, Spyder said:

Has anyone ever bought a best value sovereign from the Royal Mint.  For the Royal Mint their prices are not terrible. 

https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/gold-coins/pre-owned-sovereign-coin/

No, despite emails I've never even looked at old/circulated coins from RM, but get the impression you'd stand a better chance buying random years from a bigger firm where some kid gets to pick and package your coins.

RM now seem intent on bundling together all sorts of mixed year and provenance coins into fancy wood boxes at high premiums 

-so I am only guessing, but would assume old stock is picked over so there would be no nice surprises, as can sometimes happen at dealers with disinterested staff problems. 

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

35 minutes ago, Spyder said:

I have yes, I ordered 5 and they were all QEII and two were that years sovereign (2019)

All were minty.  This was before I had discovered the forum or the Facebook groups and used to buy quite a lot of BV sovereigns.  

59 minutes ago, Spyder said:

£395.60…..is it worth the punt?

Just now, Brit2023 said:

£395.60…..is it worth the punt?

Am I missing something here?

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, barter is the money of peasants, and debt is the money of slaves

1 hour ago, Spyder said:

2 minutes ago, bobski said:

RM best value sov current single price.

1 minute ago, bobski said:

We are just saying in the scheme of things The RM price is not terrible. They also state that coin will come in a capsule. If it is the proper RM capsule, I see people selling those on ebay for up to £5 each

Just now, Brit2023 said:

RM best value sov current single price.

Which is higher than every other bullion dealer?