• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Deals.....

HighlandTiger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much for my New Year resolutions promise to myself of only buying allocated silver through bullionvault/goldmoney this year and just to buy physical gold :(

Just updating my spreadsheet and it in fact only took me 5 weeks from New Year to break my silver resolution/promise above as i notice I made an order with @arshimo2012

Damn - Must ask Santa for silver willpower this year

http://www.hattongardenmetals.com/buy/pid14/silver-britannia.aspx

For someone. 98 available. dont know year

They are 2011 and 30 are already gone...

x30 more gone now ;):)   :D   :lol:  :ph34r:  :blink: thanks @Cornishfarmer

I don't get it. Why are people buying second hand Britannia's from HGM for £15.47 (when you include VAT) given they are available on STG brand new for £13.44? Am I missing something  :wacko:

I don't get it. Why are people buying second hand Britannia's from HGM for £15.47 (when you include VAT) given they are available on STG brand new for £13.44? Am I missing something  :wacko:

Different design.  Older coins carry a premium due to collectors.

• they were all 2011
  • last year of unique design before generic britannia design came about  
  • last year of .958 pure.
  • possible numismatic upside in years to come when people want to complete date runs
  • current ebay prices higher than hgm price
  • unavailable  to buy new

Different design.  Older coins carry a premium due to collectors.

• they were all 2011
  • possible numismatic upside in years to come when people want to complete date runs

Fair enough, lesson learned  :)

• they were all 2011

How much were they from HGM inc the VAT?

this design was never popular, Chards still have them in at £18.75.

last time I asked about them they had loads left.

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Silver - UK - Britannia £12.89 + £2.58 x30.00 = £464.04

Subtotal
£386.70

Shipping
£6.50

VAT
£77.34

Total
£470.54

@sovereignsteve  £15.68 per coin delivered.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Auction=1&LH_Complete=1&_nkw=2011+britannias+silver&_sop=3

They seem to sell OK via eBay by the looks of it

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody looking for a 1oz Lunar Mouse to complete a set?

There's one on ebay priced at £25.95 free postage. Can't post the link here but the seller is: timelessmagazines

They're also selling a 2006 1oz Kook for £23.95 & a 2008 1oz Kook for £24.95 - both free postage.

Hi there, new to this site so will share my knowledge on deals and find new ones off you guys, also a follower of StackSmart on Youtube which I can strongly recommend, few good value deals I found this week are,

TheBullioncentre.com   - Lunar year of the horse 1oz £17.65 when you buy 40

ebay member Liedi_de (based in Germany) very good prices across most of his coins great selection, Got 5 1oz 2014 elephants for £16.45, has only a few left now at £18.31 each

Also looking at maximising discounts on silver, I live in the UK so currently using Silvertogo for VAT free bullion, I have found ways to save a little more as noticed silvertogo charge to convert currencies, I used transferwise and paid in euros and saved 1% and also got £10.50 off topcashback for using transferwise.com for the first time so something to consider on big orders.

Please share any deals or new websites and keep this post active :)

I have found ways to save a little more as noticed silvertogo charge to convert currencies, 

Interesting........This must be a recent thing, as the last time I checked, their rates were pretty much spot on with the exchange rates. Just checked and you are right. it seems they are adding about 2% to convert from Euros to pounds.

I did a test for 25 Maples In euros delivered it would be 469.45 or £334.83

It seems I can pay in euro's with my credit card, (the one that has no foreign exchange fees) with the 2% processing fee, and that will be 478.84 Euros or £341.53,

or bank transfer in pounds into their UK bank for a price of £340.95. Practically no difference.

Except using a credit card I have insurance on the purchase,,(oh and I have a 0.5% cashback bonus on my credit card) , unlike the bank

transfer. 

edit

Just checked transferwise, it would cost me £339.17.  

Methinks I'll be buying in euros and using my cc for future purchases, with my 0.5% cash back, that works out to £339.82

You can see a big difference in the totals if you play around with the different currencies on Silvertogo and Coininvest.  When you get your basket total it's always worth checking what the total works out at in all 3 available currencies just to see and paying in whatever is cheapest.  Danny is right about Transferwise, I bank with the Nationwide and they would take £20 off me to do a bank transfer to outside the UK, getting the conversion to Euros or Dollars is the same £20 amount and getting the deal done in Euros rather than Sterling would save me the £20 anyway but if I use Transferwise it's a UK operation so I can fund that with my credit or debit card for free, do the transaction with a 0.5% fee which is only a £1 on £200, £5 on £1000, I would need to be spending 4K before I reached a £20 fee plus there is the £10.50 back offer from Topcashback for first time users of Transferwise so instead of costing me £20 I can make £9.50 on a £200 purchase and £5.50 on £1000 purchase plus the savings I make on purchasing in Euros rather than Sterling are mine to keep and not absorbed by bank fees.

ive put on a 1 oz lunar ox if any one interested. i think this is a good deal £30 including postage.

they were bought from arishi and taken out the roll for this picture.

can sell for this price because ebay has offered a voucher to make up the difference

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-oz-2009-Australian-Lunar-Ox-999-fine-Solid-Silver-In-original-capsule-Unc-/151698914636?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2351f5bd4c

Archived