• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Deals.....

HighlandTiger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is VAT charged on the full value of a second hand coin or just payable on the profit? Dealer buys a coin for 15, he sells for 18 and the VAT would just be 60p on the £3 profit?

Have a look at this thread. Even after reading it you won't know the answer.

https://thesilverforum.com/topic/2324-vat-on-2nd-hand-silver/?hl=%2Bvat+%2Bon+%2Bsecondhand#entry37277

Thanks DB. Do you think the mintage will make them a collectors coin in the future?

Honestly, I doubt it.

But assuming you are buying a £20 coin for £20 (with the free shipping), it's fairly certain you won't lose on the deal.

That's more than can be said for most other PM coins.

Stacker since 2013

I bought one of those roadsign roos for £28 odd just the other day on ebay but I didn't have to pay extra postage as I already had bought another item.

Pity they aren't the usual roos as they seem to hold their price well.

Atkinson's have some second hand VAT free Britannia's in stock if anyone is interested.

Still way cheaper to get new ones from STG though!

If STG send you new ones.

My RM tube coins had marks and nicks on them suggesting otherwise.

Still can't argue that the price is the best you'll get for bullion coins, used or otherwise.

Atkinson's have some second hand VAT free Britannia's in stock if anyone is interested.

Still way cheaper to get new ones from STG though!

Still can't argue that the price is the best you'll get for bullion coins, used or otherwise.

maybe you could bring it up with @STG livia about this.

HH

Perhaps send them a message about it see what they can do. If your unhappy tell the business, if your happy tell your friends, ect.

I had intended to buy from them but I am less interested after your experience. No one wants damaged bullion! I might as well stick to gold.

I'll give them an email on Monday to see what they say.

I'm new to coin buying so I'm learning what terminology means and/or is normal on 'new' coins or used ones.

I'll try get some pics too. Might be interesting for other members to see how new RM coins look vs dealer new vs used vs bullion etc.

Archived