• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Silver Deals.....

HighlandTiger

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://www.silver-to-go.com/en/silver-coins/chinese-panda/china-panda-10-yuan-1oz-silver-2011/

• STG got x100+ 2011 pandas at a reasonable £22.44

(The scheduled mintage was originally supposed to be 3,000,000.  The actual Mintage was 6,000,000 from wikipedia)

So not exactly super rare

Cracking coin, and a good deal on 2011.  These coins were £27 plus when first released.

The design on these bars is a little different to the 2012 bars on the Suisse Gold site, .999 against 999,9

Are they "plated" ?

Good spot redrug, however the other Suisse Gold dragons on ebay have .999 and I know of one of the sellers, don't think he would be caught out by plate. The picture on the Suisse Gold site may not be of the actual bar, "Year of the Dragon" doesn't seem to cover as much of the width of the bar either. Anybody know for sure?

https://suissegold.com/product.php?productid=18453

the weight is more than 1% overweight which is a little

suspect considering rm can hit 31.2g-31.3g on coins.

having said that counterfeiting a limited year edition

bar is probably less rewarding than a standard bar

for the same effort.

whilst I might give it the benefit of the doubt I'd be

more comfortable with further testing/measurements.

HH

Not sure if these are deals but definitely new on silver to go

Lunar Dog, 1oz Silver, 2006 31.1035g £53,44
 Lunar Monkey, 1oz Silver, 2004 31.1035g £55,78
 Lunar Ox, 1oz Silver, 2009 31.1035g £53,18
 Lunar Rooster, 1oz Silver, 2005 31.1035g £60,98

the weight is more than 1% overweight which is a little

suspect considering rm can hit 31.2g-31.3g on coins.

having said that counterfeiting a limited year edition

bar is probably less rewarding than a standard bar

for the same effort.

whilst I might give it the benefit of the doubt I'd be

more comfortable with further testing/measurements.

HH

Could be the scales used but I'd be very wary at the price as I imagine they could have gone to a local jeweller, coin shop or scrap merchant and probably have got around the same amount easily for less hassle with posting out etc,

I won a few bars a little while back and even though the seller said a jeweller had verified the bars as solid silver they withdrew from the sale when I gave them the correct dimensions of the bars and asked them to check them before sending them to me. Must have scared them off as they stopped answering my messages and even though they had promised to inform the buyer of their other lot I don't think they did as the feedback left didn't suggest the buyer was anything but happy at having bought them.

As I don't collect / stack silver bars, I'm not up to date with their relative values. But at an equivalent of £16.79 an oz, is this cheap for a bar? I'd be interested to hear from people who are more savvy than me when it comes to silver bar prices

:)

As I don't collect / stack silver bars, I'm not up to date with their relative values. But at an equivalent of £16.79 an oz, is this cheap for a bar? I'd be interested to hear from people who are more savvy than me when it comes to silver bar prices

:)

Cheapish for this size.

Atkinson's Metalor on single is £61.97 and 5+ is £56.83

Atkinson's Scottsdale on single is £60 and 5+ is £55

Baird Minted is £59.20 ex delivery

Cheapest Bars from Germany start at £49.50 ex delivery.

Outside of the UK around £51 inc VAT but ex delivery.

Archived