• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Sovereign Errors, Overdates and Varieties

6 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

R5- 5-10 examples 😳
Hope I’ve counted properly.

One thing I’d like to ask Mr Hill is the metrics being used to account for the scarcity ratings of old are still being used today, or are online  population reports, auction sales having and impact on the scarcity ratings.

I know a few Canadian mint mark sovereigns got lowered between the last two issues.  

20 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

One thing I’d like to ask Mr Hill is the metrics being used to account for the scarcity ratings of old are still being used today, or are online  population reports, auction sales having and impact on the scarcity ratings.

I know a few Canadian mint mark sovereigns got lowered between the last two issues.  

What year Canadians?

1 minute ago, Sovhead said:

What year Canadians?

Off the top of my head it was most of the George V Ottawa mint sovereigns, I’m out at the mo I can check later.   Edward VII Ottawa mint are still the much rarer ones as he only lived for 2 years after the mint got into production. 

2 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

I have twice now and  definitely getting 134

Get it sold!🤔😮

3 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

I have twice now and  definitely getting 134

How are you doing it so you don’t under/over count?🤔

IMG_9758.thumb.png.4e72f1021b68d1e019d8ed1a3d6c2dbf.png

2 minutes ago, Petra said:

Get it sold!🤔😮

How are you doing it so you don’t under/over count?🤔

The first denticle is right next to the dot after IMP I’m starting there and just taking my time 

Edited by Sovhead

2 minutes ago, Sovhead said:

IMG_9758.thumb.png.4e72f1021b68d1e019d8ed1a3d6c2dbf.png

The first denticle is right next to the dot after IMP I’m starting there and just taking my time 

👍get it sold🤔😮

3 minutes ago, Petra said:

👍get it sold🤔😮

I’ve counted for a third time and defo 134.

Wouldn't know how much it would be worth because it’s the R5.

@GoldDiggerDave would that get designated on a slab?

Just now, Orpster said:

134 100%, below split into 10's, 4 left over

image.thumb.png.e176bd589c2fd1902c56346bd40114a1.png

Thanks mate 👏👏👏

4 minutes ago, Orpster said:

AU I suspect, but maybe a details grade because of the hairlines

👍🏻I’ve looked at your pic again and just noticed all the wee tiny red dots on each of them 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Sovhead said:

👍🏻I’ve looked at your pic again and just noticed all the wee tiny red dots on each of them 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yea I went Tony Heart on the mutha

Sat at work today on a 'hot desk', had to travel in for a 'must attend', meeting that they cancelled while I was en-route so buggered if I am going to do any real work

5 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Yea I went Tony Heart on the mutha

Sat at work today on a 'hot desk', had to travel in for a 'must attend', meeting that they cancelled while I was en-route so buggered if I am going to do any real work

🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Orpster said:

Well my 1872M is finally back home, postie delivered this morning.

Not trying to be funny or p***sing on anyone's bonfire, but I think AU55 for your medal allign 1872M is incredibly generous. What's the reverse look like?

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon

Just now, sovereignsteve said:

Not trying to be funny or p***sing on anyone's bonfire, but I think AU55 for your medal allign 1872M is incredibly generous. What's the reverse look like?

From the NGC website

1872MNGCFront(3).thumb.jpg.1aae1b81c45c61fe414594fe89510744.jpg 1872MNGCFront(4).thumb.jpg.03a7846b98e3e6a295df534f7104003e.jpg 

Or if you prefer from the PCGS website before I cross graded it

image.thumb.jpeg.9a8e605733315a0e29cef136321e5fee.jpeg

16 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Steve taking no prisoners today 🤣

Aaaahhh😉

2 minutes ago, sovereignsteve said:

Thanks, reverse much better

The grade means very little to me on this one tbf, the attraction (for me) is in the die alignment and the die clash (which unfortunately NGC chose not to put on the label)

4 minutes ago, Orpster said:

The grade means very little to me on this one tbf, the attraction (for me) is in the die alignment and the die clash (which unfortunately NGC chose not to put on the label)

Indeed, it's clearly there.

However, the higher the number on the label the better it is from the market's viewpoint😉

Edited by sovereignsteve

Profile picture with thanks to Carl Vernon