• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Today I Received.....

Message added by ChrisSilver

The Today I received section is for private individuals to share items they have purchased for their collection / as part of their investment.

The Today I received section is not to be used for businesses to promote their business. Trade members and those operating as a business in the eyes of the forum are invited to enquire about a Dealer Sub Forum, where you may start your own Today _____ received topic to post your commercial purchases. E.g. The Today Chards Received..... topic.

54 minutes ago, LongScottSilver said:

Beautiful coins. 

Why was the seller a nightmare?

Seller promised to send on Monday.  Tuesday came and no delivery so messaged him.  Later in the day I received a response telling me that he'd left it with the wife to post and he'd forward me the tracking number in the evening or the next day.  Wednesday comes and still no delivery or tracking details.  A little later in the Pay Pal is updated as "sent" and by "Special Delivery".  Thursday comes and still no delivery but Pay Pal doesn't have a tracking number for me to check.  I message him again he never responded.  Friday came and still no delivery.  I then open up a Pay Pal dispute and also send him a message.  Pay Pal didn't show any tracking info on the main details page but once I got further into the dispute process it showed a tracking number but it is not a Royal Mail one, and although it is consistent with a Parcel Force number their tracking shows nothing.  A few hours later I receive a response and he gives me the tracking number and what tracking was showing.  Tracking showed that it was posted on Thursday morning but still hadn't arrived in Manchester despite being en-route since early evening.  It wasn't his fault it wasn't delivered on Friday as he had sent it on Thursday for Friday delivery so I don't blame him for that.  Bit I do blame him for the fact that it should have been posted on Monday.  Then posted on Tuesday as he'd "left it with the "wife".  Then posted on Wednesday after he'd updated Pay Pal as being sent.  He'd finally posted it on Thursday but no doubt deliberately avoided my message on Thursday for an update.

@SoulUK This is the 1st bullion coin I've bought for a long time & I bought it from site sponsor STG, incidentally my 1st purchase from them , perfect service in every way & if I ever wanted any bullion coins I'd certainly buy again from them.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

1 hour ago, morezone said:

Seller promised to send on Monday.  Tuesday came and no delivery so messaged him.  Later in the day I received a response telling me that he'd left it with the wife to post and he'd forward me the tracking number in the evening or the next day.  Wednesday comes and still no delivery or tracking details.  A little later in the Pay Pal is updated as "sent" and by "Special Delivery".  Thursday comes and still no delivery but Pay Pal doesn't have a tracking number for me to check.  I message him again he never responded.  Friday came and still no delivery.  I then open up a Pay Pal dispute and also send him a message.  Pay Pal didn't show any tracking info on the main details page but once I got further into the dispute process it showed a tracking number but it is not a Royal Mail one, and although it is consistent with a Parcel Force number their tracking shows nothing.  A few hours later I receive a response and he gives me the tracking number and what tracking was showing.  Tracking showed that it was posted on Thursday morning but still hadn't arrived in Manchester despite being en-route since early evening.  It wasn't his fault it wasn't delivered on Friday as he had sent it on Thursday for Friday delivery so I don't blame him for that.  Bit I do blame him for the fact that it should have been posted on Monday.  Then posted on Tuesday as he'd "left it with the "wife".  Then posted on Wednesday after he'd updated Pay Pal as being sent.  He'd finally posted it on Thursday but no doubt deliberately avoided my message on Thursday for an update.

Is the seller from this forum, YT or IG?

6 minutes ago, LongScottSilver said:

Is the seller from this forum, YT or IG?

eBay, although I have had a similar experience with a deal on here before :(

YT=YouTube? IG=??

5 hours ago, SilvergunSuperman said:

Today I unexpectedly received my Iranian Azadi Pound and 1/10oz gold bar from HGM. Unexpectedly because I had selected to pick it up from the shop. Can't complain as it meant I got my gold a few days early.

WP_20160319_12_23_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20160319_12_24_59_Pro.jpg

I have to say I would never pay a premium for a coin with the former Iranian leader the Grand Ayatollal Khomeini on it.  I value the coin the same as a Krugerrand, bullion only.  Mrs Pipers has just said there are loads of people who would buy that coin. 

2 hours ago, Pipers said:

I have to say I would never pay a premium for a coin with the former Iranian leader the Grand Ayatollal Khomeini on it.  I value the coin the same as a Krugerrand, bullion only.  Mrs Pipers has just said there are loads of people who would buy that coin. 

I don't see why a coin with the Ayatollah on it should be any more or less desirable than any other. I'm a stacker and am generally only interested in bullion, but i'll pay an extra couple of percent over spot for a bit of variety to keep it interesting. In this case not having to pay for postage swayed me from buying this over a 2% sovereign.

Edited by SilvergunSuperman

4 hours ago, SilvergunSuperman said:

I don't see why a coin with the Ayatollah on it should be any more or less desirable than any other. I'm a stacker and am generally only interested in bullion, but i'll pay an extra couple of percent over spot for a bit of variety to keep it interesting. In this case not having to pay for postage swayed me from buying this over a 2% sovereign.

Fair enough, I was just making an observation SS,  just because it is different does not make it better and command a premium.  Also many on this site snub the humble krug, I am not saying you do.  

Edited by Pipers