• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Order Cancelled - Over sold...WTF?

Posted (edited)

So I'm waiting for the manager to call me back.. but this seems fking outrageous, ordered on the 19th April, when there were multiple available on the site, paid and waiting for delivery... and today I get this email, cancelled as it was over sold.. what the actual fk, how is that possible?

Customer service told me multiple people had their orders cancelled, curious if anyone else got such an email or had something like this happen with RM before?

I suspect there is nothing I can do about it, they'll just push back on me.. 

Pretty pissed off by the whole affair tbh :(

image.thumb.png.b04b50a11ec40617a853c1f37a929c44.png 

image.thumb.png.3d7ba89b3faa5f16cf73e38dd805014e.png

Edited by TheAnimist

Ffs they had only a few available, how the hell did they manage to mess that up.

Disappointing as it would have done well in future 😕 

And to only let you know now ffs.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Do you get interest as well for the value of the time they held onto your money?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

You would think with a limited number available, and that amount being available to purchase on the website, I find it difficult to understand how you can oversell something like that (vs. the bars).. 🤯

You order one, the amount available decreases, until they're all gone... trust RM to fk something so simple up...

@BackyardBullion another classic Royally Screwed performance to add to the list... 🤬

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, TheAnimist said:

So I'm waiting for the manager to call me back.. but this seems fking outrageous, ordered on the 19th April, when there were multiple available on the site, paid and waiting for delivery... and today I get this email, cancelled as it was over sold.. what the actual fk, how is that possible?

Customer service told me multiple people had their orders cancelled, curious if anyone else got such an email or had something like this happen with RM before?

I suspect there is nothing I can do about it, they'll just push back on me.. 

Pretty pissed off by the whole affair tbh :(

image.thumb.png.b04b50a11ec40617a853c1f37a929c44.png 

image.thumb.png.3d7ba89b3faa5f16cf73e38dd805014e.png

I'd be fuming as well - this may be of help in your plight mate as that is outrageous.

I received an email yesterday from RM telling me about more TOTP coins being available. Searched gold standard and there it is one ounce Gold standard....... odd to tell you its not available and then send this comms message out.

(apologies for chopping up list - its massive) 

image.thumb.png.32170d81d628a83357592f8b3c4759af.png

image.png.7f32164feb730717fc601a6d82dd82eb.png

image.png.395abada479766006d387d40b31cc379.png

Edited by DanPie

35 minutes ago, DanPie said:

I'd be fuming as well - this may be of help in your plight mate as that is outrageous.

I received an email yesterday from RM telling me about more TOTP coins being available. Searched gold standard and there it is one ounce Gold standard....... odd to tell you its not available and then send this comms message out.

Do you know how many of those are actually new lines? I'm struggling to see any that weren't already on the website weeks ago.

2 hours ago, paulmerton said:

Do you know how many of those are actually new lines? I'm struggling to see any that weren't already on the website weeks ago.

Looks like a mixture - I gave up trying to work it out there was 80 items on the list. I'd be really annoyed to wait, be told product unavailable and then find out its on a mailing list for sale. 

You'd think it would be impossible to oversell something with such a small number available, its literally telling the system there are 'X' available and when it reaches 0 goes out of stock.

I've had worse treatment, not from the Royal Mint though, a couple of years ago I was in Argos, spotted somthing on one of the display stands, Picked it up and went to the till, Cashier says "computer says it's not in stock" despite the fact that I'm standing in front of her holding it, then calls her manager. Manager comes looks at the item, plays with the computer then says "It's the last one and someone bought it online" then snatches the item out of my hand.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

7 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

Perhaps it was offered directly to a Mint Marque customer? Who knows how these things work, but they do seem to also do business outside of the website. 

Is the woman in this gif Ellen Pompeo or just a lookalike? : r/greysanatomy

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

On 09/05/2024 at 14:44, DanPie said:

I wonder why so many 2022 Trial of the Pyx coins are on the above list. Wouldn’t they have been submitted by 2023 at the latest? Why are they trying to flog them in 2024?

The Trial of the Pyx is such a cash cow for the RM that it wouldn’t surprise me if poorly handled coins being sent out on initial release to customers, or being rejected by one or more customers, are just lobbed in the pile seemingly being submitted for the trial. A lot of collectors are drawn to these but it just seems a con to me.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

1 hour ago, GoodAsGold said:

I wonder why so many 2022 Trial of the Pyx coins are on the above list. Wouldn’t they have been submitted by 2023 at the latest? Why are they trying to flog them in 2024?

The Trial of the Pyx is such a cash cow for the RM that it wouldn’t surprise me if poorly handled coins being sent out on initial release to customers, or being rejected by one or more customers, are just lobbed in the pile seemingly being submitted for the trial. A lot of collectors are drawn to these but it just seems a con to me.

I really can't imagine them pulling off a con job by pretending damaged returned coins had gone through the trial. 

I agree a lot of the coins are a bit overpriced. But it's always nice to have one as a novelty?

This time round however, I think there were some really smart buys to be had, with qualities like:

• never released to the public (so these will be the only 8/9/10 coins around (for a while? forever?!))
  • very special/for a non-repeatable event (e.g. certain platinum jubilee ones)
  • probably mispriced by RM. e.g. one of the offerings was a 1oz gold bullion maid marian coin for only £1850 or thereabouts. I regret not getting that one 🤣

Some of them really were worth snapping up imho. Other things that have stood out in the past are non-coloured versions of silver coins that were otherwise only available in colour, thus guaranteeing there will only ever be 10 of them in existence. A couple of the silver coins in the trial pieces auction (not the trial of the pyx) were one-of-a-kinds as they were the single only non-coloured versions of a coin (even though they aren't actually coins of course).

On 12/05/2024 at 16:40, paulmerton said:

I really can't imagine them pulling off a con job by pretending damaged returned coins had gone through the trial. 

I agree a lot of the coins are a bit overpriced. But it's always nice to have one as a novelty?

This time round however, I think there were some really smart buys to be had, with qualities like:

• never released to the public (so these will be the only 8/9/10 coins around (for a while? forever?!))
  • very special/for a non-repeatable event (e.g. certain platinum jubilee ones)
  • probably mispriced by RM. e.g. one of the offerings was a 1oz gold bullion maid marian coin for only £1850 or thereabouts. I regret not getting that one 🤣

Some of them really were worth snapping up imho. Other things that have stood out in the past are non-coloured versions of silver coins that were otherwise only available in colour, thus guaranteeing there will only ever be 10 of them in existence. A couple of the silver coins in the trial pieces auction (not the trial of the pyx) were one-of-a-kinds as they were the single only non-coloured versions of a coin (even though they aren't actually coins of course).

Very well reasoned but then you have the shenanigans of facsimile signatures on slabs instead of the advertised handwritten ones, plus single figure amounts of Brilliant Proofs (whatever they are) which just seems to be pushing the boundaries of advertising such as you find with other coin marketing companies. To each their own when it comes to collecting I suppose.

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally had a call back from a manager today... what I was told was they decided the coins were too damaged and the decision had been taken to have them scrapped...  🤣

I pointed out they were NGC sealed and signed and that I had never heard such nonsense, and I knew of other people who had received them, so what I was being told was a load of BS... esp given they're Pyx coins... 

they still haven't processed the refund nearly 2 months after the order...

you couldn't make this up... 

Edited by TheAnimist

7 minutes ago, TheAnimist said:

So I finally had a call back from a manager today... what I was told was they decided the coins were too damaged and the decision had been taken to have them scrapped...  🤣

I pointed out they were NGC sealed and signed and that I had never heard such nonsense, and I knew of other people who had received them, so what I was being told was a load of BS... esp given they're Pyx coins... 

they still haven't processed the refund nearly 2 months after the order...

you couldn't make this up... 

Add it to the list of mind numbingly stupid things the mint are doing and saying.

It's probably because they have found some poor sod in the USA to sell it to at 2x the price you were going to pay.

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion