• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The Oxford Mint Britannia 1g Gold Bar WOW WOW ( New Release): A Beautiful Bar What Do You Think ?

46 minutes ago, Tn21 said:

Nice bar, but it does look like a knock off Britannia bar royal mint version 

I was just thinking this very same thing. 

Nice bar, but pretty derivative 

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

31 minutes ago, Skyfiller said:

Is the Oxford mint an actual mint or just a trading name? I’ve had a search online and there is loads about the old Oxford mint that was a mint but very little about ‘The Oxford mint limited’!

Oxford Mint Ltd incorporated in 2021 and has only ever had one director, a Rajesh Kaji: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13113850/officers

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that putting "In its 21st century reincarnation ..." on their "The Mint Today" page doesn't entirely excuse claiming a history going back to 871 AD on their "History" page.

So very much like the modern EIC - they also talk about the unrelated historic EIC on their website...

Edited by Anteater

For me; Trying too hard and not quite getting it... Does it really need a Britannia, a lion, stylised waves and a sailing ship (Golden Hind) ?

The company logo reminds me of something that i can't quite put my finger on ! 

I'd take a few at £60 a pop, free postage 😁

Just had a look at the website where this is listed. £74.70. It has sold out, so I guess there is interest…unless that is part of the marketing. Speaking of which, the marketing does not feel accurate. The gold bar is made in Germany. What is the connect with Oxford Mint if the item is made by Liepziger Edelmetallverarbeitung?

Just now, AndrewSL76 said:

Just had a look at the website where this is listed. £74.70. It has sold out, so I guess there is interest…unless that is part of the marketing. Speaking of which, the marketing does not feel accurate. The gold bar is made in Germany. What is the connect with Oxford Mint if the item is made by Liepziger Edelmetallverarbeitung?

I agree.

Re BYBs comment re CGT, I do not think this is an issue. Even with gold continuing to rise, the price of these bars probably means you are not going to have a tax bill. That’s the great thing about investing in bars like this. 

7 hours ago, Anteater said:

Oxford Mint Ltd incorporated in 2021 and has only ever had one director, a Rajesh Kaji: https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/13113850/officers

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that putting "In its 21st century reincarnation ..." on their "The Mint Today" page doesn't entirely excuse claiming a history going back to 871 AD on their "History" page.

So very much like the modern EIC - they also talk about the unrelated historic EIC on their website...

Such a shame, thought there was going to be some history here but alas it’s being run out of a domestic address in Woking. They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with all that historical rubbish on the website when it’s not related in the slightest. I’m even verging on the thought of is it a legitimate company as this is their terms and conditions on their website?!

IMG_0913.thumb.jpeg.0735b02e416e83af29b6877248947b22.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Skyfiller said:

Such a shame, thought there was going to be some history here but alas it’s being run out of a domestic address in Woking. They shouldn’t be allowed to get away with all that historical rubbish on the website when it’s not related in the slightest. I’m even verging on the thought of is it a legitimate company as this is their terms and conditions on their website?!

IMG_0913.thumb.jpeg.0735b02e416e83af29b6877248947b22.jpeg

Ok yeah, that's really bad.

@NextDayBullion any thoughts?

41c22739-be65-450e-b9eb-35f72ecea114_text.gif

3 hours ago, Skyfiller said:

I’m even verging on the thought of is it a legitimate company as this is their terms and conditions on their website?!

I love that default text from website templates is now such an easy way of detecting general dodginess. So many of them don't even take the time to remove the stuff they're not replacing with their own content.

Edited by Anteater

Here’s a partial list of other ‘coin minting’ marketing companies:-

Commonwealth Mint, London Mint office, Tower Mint, Jubilee Mint, Windsor Mint, Westminster Mint, and now a new boy on the block, Oxford Mint, and last but not least The Royal Mint!   I nearly forgot ‘Hattons of London’ and Harrington & Byrne!

Can anyone suggest a connection between the names of these companies?!!

In the past I have checked out all these companies, the majority of which target the general public. It may well be that if you feel the price and quality is good, then go ahead. It’s a very competitive business and many have grouped together as ‘partners’ 

However, their advertising can often be misleading, often trying to present a legitimate connection with our Royalty and History. I am impressed by the tactic of Oxford Mint for testing the water on TSF (Market Research) 

Often our Overseas Territories such as Ascension Island, T.D.C. St Helena & Gibraltar are represented and where possible covered up to look like a RM product. Of course George & the dragon is often used as well. In this case it’s Ascension Island. Effigies on the obverse can be by ex RM engravers such as Clarke and Maklouf. Other companies are now minting 1/8th Sovereigns, but the RM could also be accused of making the 1/4 Sovereign for the same reason - something else that was never in circulation!

One company that does mint quality coins for St Helena is the EIC - East India Company. However, best not to delve too deeply into the history of the original company, because it was lucratively involved in the Slave trade along the Guinea Gold Coast in the late 17th century…..

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/C-FzhoP77OBItvOjdu6k_H4te48/appointments

The director of the Oxford mint (according to companies house) also was a director at THE EAST INDIA COMPANY COLLECTIONS LIMITED (07352505)

Screenshot_20240331-225649.png

1 hour ago, BackyardBullion said:

Oxford mint balance sheet...

Screenshot_20240331-230040.png

Ye, had a look at what there was, next lot due tomorrow (2nd) apparently. Did a credit check and it recommends no more than 1k. Not a great amount for a ‘mint’ 🤔

6 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

@NextDayBullion being quite quiet about all this?

The topic in question was A Beautiful Bar What Do You Think ?

The company bank balance has no significant reference to do with the design or about the product. If the balance sheet was £10 million, why would that make a difference to the bullion item?

The TSF post was for UK bullion consumers and TSF members to get a chance to look at this new item and the new range coming soon.

Back yard bullion.I am not willing to go back and forth with you and have 1,000 sentences in exchange. 

So what I propose is that Nextdaybullion and Backyardbullion have a professional gentleman's live YouTube discussion and debate on the UK bullion market, and any topics, for example, like the Oxford Mint, can be discussed. I can arrange an intermediary channel to arrange the discussion. 

I have a few questions to ask you, and by the looks of it, you have some questions to ask me.🤔
I am not ''quite'' in any way, but I am happy to express my 14 years of physical bullion trading and my proprietary trading experience on precious metals.

I see you only started in 2016, so your experience in the sector is very limited, and with some of the content you bring out, it shows, and this may be a good education experience for you.
I hope you take this up; if not, you will be the one who is quiet.   (being quite quiet about all this?)
If you accept, please email me, and I will start making the arrangements. I am sure there will be lots of people interested in viewing this. 

NEXTDAYBULLION vs. BACKYARD BULLION 
Live Debaite 😁

www.nextdaybullion.co.uk

15 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/officers/C-FzhoP77OBItvOjdu6k_H4te48/appointments

The director of the Oxford mint (according to companies house) also was a director at THE EAST INDIA COMPANY COLLECTIONS LIMITED (07352505)

Screenshot_20240331-225649.png

15 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

Oxford mint balance sheet...

Screenshot_20240331-230040.png

2 minutes ago, NextDayBullion said:

The topic in question was A Beautiful Bar What Do You Think ?

The company bank balance has no significant reference to do with the design or about the product. If the balance sheet was £10 million, why would that make a difference to the bullion item?

The TSF post was for UK bullion consumers and TSF members to get a chance to look at this new item and the new range coming soon.

Back yard bullion.I am not willing to go back and forth with you and have 1,000 sentences in exchange. 

So what I propose is that Nextdaybullion and Backyardbullion have a professional gentleman's live YouTube discussion and debate on the UK bullion market, and any topics, for example, like the Oxford Mint, can be discussed. I can arrange an intermediary channel to arrange the discussion. 

I have a few questions to ask you, and by the looks of it, you have some questions to ask me.🤔
I am not ''quite'' in any way, but I am happy to express my 14 years of physical bullion trading and my proprietary trading experience on precious metals.

I see you only started in 2016, so your experience in the sector is very limited, and with some of the content you bring out, it shows, and this may be a good education experience for you.
I hope you take this up; if not, you will be the one who is quiet.   (being quite quiet about all this?)
If you accept, please email me, and I will start making the arrangements. I am sure there will be lots of people interested in viewing this. 

NEXTDAYBULLION vs. BACKYARD BULLION 
Live Debaite 😁

R (6).gif

Absolutely no comment.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024