• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

British Monarchs Series - They Couldn’t, Could They?

It would be ridiculous if this were cancelled and it would kill confidence in signing up for future collections.

That said I always felt this collection was overambitious. Too big an investment over too long a period and good luck if you want that many graded...Criticism of the execution aside though I think this range was a great idea for the die hard collectors, real history and some great designs (some...).

These were never going to be coins worth money as an investment I don't think and with so many it would be damn near impossible to get top grading on everything so I expect that limited the appeal.

I maintain these should have been released as sovereign size bullion and everyone would be collecting them

5 hours ago, apachebleu said:

I maintain these should have been released as sovereign size bullion and everyone would be collecting them

I had said at the very beginning that a 1/4 oz gold (bullion or proof) would have been the perfect denomination in terms of price and long term feasibility of collecting and storing a 26-coin series.

The larger sizes just don’t make sense in those terms (cost and storage), nor are they really needed because portraits typically don’t have the level of intricate detail that need larger surface areas to be appreciated.

31 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

I had said at the very beginning that a 1/4 oz gold (bullion or proof) would have been the perfect denomination in terms of price and long term feasibility of collecting and storing a 26-coin series.

The larger sizes just don’t make sense in those terms (cost and storage), nor are they really needed because portraits typically don’t have the level of intricate detail that need larger surface areas to be appreciated.

Actual hammered coins would have been an amazing thing. Each one completely unique... I also don't think there could have been any quibbles about quality 🤣

7 hours ago, BackyardBullion said:

I just got a reply from my account manager - they (the AM's) have no information or dates for the next release in the Monarchs. 

Not looking good.

I’m going to be so annoyed if they cancel this series. 

Aaaahhh😉

50 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

Actual hammered coins would have been an amazing thing. Each one completely unique... I also don't think there could have been any quibbles about quality 🤣

LOL re quality. 😆

But oh hammered coins would indeed have been a bold choice.

20 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

They still possess the technology there!

image.png.2492dae20e818d41462152c6efa2c238.png

image.thumb.png.692a89288f51eaf1a7b68d828e3fdc07.png

Risk assessment needed. Is that anti splinter wood?🤣

Aaaahhh😉

On 21/02/2024 at 21:01, blackadder said:

Was really hard to sell the few i had :( still got one left and might just give it away lol.

So don't seem such a great set to me haha 😂

First coins I bought knowing I’ve lost my shirt immediately after I pressed ‘buy’ but stuck with it.

I’m not even going to list mine for sale.
£200 a coin would buy me so much more elsewhere.😡
Looking at current releases of Pete’s dragon and Una gender neutral bars, I can see why people are giving up. They’ll probably announce a new coin but make you wait six months to get some milky overpriced tat. I’m done with RM series.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

34 minutes ago, NGMD said:

First coins I bought knowing I’ve lost my shirt immediately after I pressed ‘buy’ but stuck with it.

Looking at current releases of Pete’s dragon and Una gender neutral bars, I can see why people are giving up. They’ll probably announce a new coin but make you wait six months to get some milky overpriced tat. I’m done with RM series.

I loved the idea of the longevity of this series and the discipline it would take to stick with it, as well as the subject matter. Will be properly gutted if it has ended prematurely and the Mint will have lost another Mint Marque customer.

11 minutes ago, Shinus73 said:

I loved the idea of the longevity of this series and the discipline it would take to stick with it, as well as the subject matter.

This is what the appeal was to me too.

I wonder what reasons they have for prematurely ending the series.

5 minutes ago, westminstrel said:

This is what the appeal was to me too.

I wonder what reasons they have for prematurely ending the series.

The bottom line is currently the only consideration.

It wouldn’t be a good commercial decision. Reputational damage wouldn’t mean much to RM.

I don’t believe they would stop a series, imagine the uproar with big spenders! and I would say they would upset too many big fish. Delayed maybe and limited sizes but not cancelled.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

13 minutes ago, NGMD said:

It wouldn’t be a good commercial decision. Reputational damage wouldn’t mean much to RM.

I don’t believe they would stop a series, imagine the uproar with big spenders! and I would say they would upset too many big fish. Delayed maybe and limited sizes but not cancelled.

Not like for like but the RM has form for cancellation.

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/50850-the-end-of-royal-mint-silver-lunar-coin-series-rip/

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 hours ago, James32 said:

Wonder if the profit margin of the proofs make it worth while? Seriously low mintages though so hardly a huge cash cow. I hope they don’t cancel as I do really like this series (although I didn’t buy George 2nd so it probably all my fault 🤫🤣)

Aaaahhh😉

12 hours ago, NGMD said:

Can use the cash from the four i had to buy other better bits :) what's these Una gender neutral bars? lol 😂