• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

The End of Royal Mint Silver Lunar Coin Series - R.I.P. ?

Pete

Just came off the phone with the RM.
The person I spoke to informed me that a business decision had been made to discontinue all bullion silver Lunar coins.
That is a bit annoying when it leaves a nice wooden box half empty.

1472984764_UKLunar-1.thumb.jpeg.ed7c85d392c77bf9313115c180aa27a6.jpeg   1037560174_UKLunar-2.thumb.jpeg.6ac81b01147ac1e8c3cf54a54b526eef.jpeg

Anyone know for sure if this is fact or someone at the RM not fully informed ?

The lunar new year (year of the Ox) was last February 2021 and RM had not issued any of these coins. 

It is therefore safe to assume that the series has been discontinued.

I do remember reading about it a while back. The main reason for its demise, I believe was due to lack of demand.

Judging by the last few designs, it is understandable !  😮

@Happypanda88 Yeah agree there pal the only one I bought was the sheep proof which I like & still have but the rest are IMHO pretty poor. It's a shame for collectors but even the mighty Perth mint have dropped certain size lunars over the years, very annoying but I suppose it's just business for the mints, collectors are just a nuisance to them lol.

The problem with common sense is, its not that common.

No wait hold on…

I don’t know about bullion, but I found a new gazette proclamation about 2022 Year of the Tiger proof coins.

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3828646 

Here’s the description for one of the coins:

For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 8000 POUNDS”, and for the reverse a depiction of a Tiger with the inscription “YEAR OF THE TIGER · 2022” and the Chinese lunar symbol for a Tiger. The coin shall have a plain edge.

Yes. The royal mints customer service and quality control depts do leave a lot of people up shittz creek! 

I have to say other mints have done the same. Scotsdale mint in the US have discontinued their Warriors series now. I'm well peeved!

2 hours ago, westminstrel said:

No wait hold on…

I don’t know about bullion, but I found a new gazette proclamation about 2022 Year of the Tiger proof coins.

https://m.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3828646 

Here’s the description for one of the coins:

For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· ELIZABETH II · D · G · REG · F · D · 8000 POUNDS”, and for the reverse a depiction of a Tiger with the inscription “YEAR OF THE TIGER · 2022” and the Chinese lunar symbol for a Tiger. The coin shall have a plain edge.

8 kilo gold coin! And a full range. 

22 hours ago, Happypanda88 said:

The lunar new year (year of the Ox) was last February 2021 and RM had not issued any of these coins. 

Proofs are on there still in stock, didn't see any bullion though