• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Royal Mint Music Legends George Michael 2024

Some suggestions attached below. But nothing comes to mind. Ozzy Osbourne, The Beatles I imagine will be fantastic coins worth a 2oz gold in those ones. Think with George the smaller denominations just to keep the set going. 

37262181_0.png

37159678_0.jpeg

Behind bars probably a better design if their looking for a sellout 😂 dear knows. But they'll have to revive the music legends series with mintage figures and designs as theres been afew disappointing coins in this series. 

1 hour ago, NumismaticNI said:

Royal Mint upcoming Music Legends series, first coin of 2024 to feature George Michael. End of February I believe. 

Can't imagine how will look, but anything should be better than the last coin the Police, it looked like evolving apes.

Any suggestions on design? 

A secluded park maybe.... or a range rover embedded into a Snappy Snaps shop with a baggy in his hand

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

He's not my cup of tea, but since he's the next music legend on the series it has to be bought not to break the collection. I'm collecting 1/4 gold on this series. Some 2oz gold depending on the band.  Will be interesting to see the design. But should be better than the police I would vote that as the worse. N the tongue missing on the rolling stones also was a massive disappointment. I expect after afew average coins the decent coins will emerge. The Beatles I think will be a sellout in the large gold size and a decent design. Nothing comes to mind for George maybe just a plain signature. 

Edited by NumismaticNI

Poor George Michael was always given a hard time for being caught in the act for that one infamous incident, whereas it’s common knowledge that people do that all the time, every day and everywhere, including married men, and those in law enforcement too.

But it’s easy to turn a blind eye on the nobodies when there’s an easily available scapegoat, especially one who’s gay.

George Michael was a terrific musician and one the UK should be proud to have produced. And he was brave and true to himself, which is more than can be said of a lot of people.

I never got into the Music Legend series but I will get this coin as he’s a hero in my book. ♥️🖤

I agree with you. I'm not a fan personally nothing to do with his background or what happened that's besides his music abilities. Still a great artist. But rolling stones the iconic tongue, queen you have the crest. Elton the hat all came together well n these designs. But for the life of me I'm struggling to imagine what they may put on this design. Other than his portrait which I'm hoping they won't do again as seen with the Bowie coin. Never the less he will be bought to complete the collection. Some designs do suprise though so it'll be interesting to see what is produced. He was a very generous man with charities which is something to be said. Thanks for your input westminstrel, any further information on design ideas please share. 28th or 29th I believe. Impressive series upon completion. 

@NumismaticNI - I’ve looked through the Gazette proclamations but haven’t seen one for this coin yet.

I’ll be sure to tag you if I’m the first to find any info about the design.

As for speculation, this is from his own website:

IMG_9648.jpeg.b33179d337930053528269dafcced8fd.jpeg

The Royal Mint also seems to like to use descriptive words on these types of commemorative coins, and here are some of his own descriptors, once again off his website (he was certainly authentic and unashamed):

IMG_9647.jpeg.1fedaeec48a17d4d03d75e4f7f3860de.jpeg

28th/29th of next month. Hopefully that's correct. I must take a look at the Gazette proclamations sometime. Don't know much about it as yet. It'll probably be that design shown. It'll be a long set to complete 

One of the best singer songs writers the UK has ever had Older album is a masterpiece.

The  RM like many companies are breaking their backs to keep on pushing a certain agenda. 

Are they capable of celebrating George for his consummate skill and professionalism without waving banners? 

Edited by GoldDiggerDave

On 18/01/2024 at 00:56, westminstrel said:

Poor George Michael was always given a hard time for being caught in the act for that one infamous incident, whereas it’s common knowledge that people do that all the time, every day and everywhere, including married men, and those in law enforcement too.

But it’s easy to turn a blind eye on the nobodies when there’s an easily available scapegoat, especially one who’s gay.

George Michael was a terrific musician and one the UK should be proud to have produced. And he was brave and true to himself, which is more than can be said of a lot of people.

I never got into the Music Legend series but I will get this coin as he’s a hero in my book. ♥️🖤

Teacher was a great song. I think the coin will have the leather jacket 

Picture 25 Faith.png

Never Chase and Never Regret 

On 18/01/2024 at 07:26, GoldDiggerDave said:

One of the best singer songs writers the UK has ever had Older album is a masterpiece.

The  RM like many companies are breaking their backs to keep on pushing a certain agenda. 

Are they capable of celebrating George for his consummate skill and professionalism without waving banners? 

Well said Dave

• 1 month later...

Hard pass, not a fan even though I was born in the 80's. 

Music legends will be worth less than RRP as I expect and you might as well buy bullion. 

Highly recommended for the flippers to lose their money and hurt their bank accounts.