• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

7 minutes ago, Steve66 said:

I am a proud owner of that coin and I am hoping it doesn’t flop but to honest a low mintage of 90 I don’t think it will lose anything but no guarantees to increase in value I wish I could see into the future 

Yes I was offered the coin but I’m not sure if I would want to be into that coin for any premium over RRP, but would look cool in the presentation box.

Are you thinking of graded or leaving as is? I think we all would love to see into the future and buy up all the good shiny coins 🤦🏻‍♂️🤣

Just now, SiCole said:

Shame the 5's are cancelled

Actually confirmed or is it just rumour?

@NGMDany information in regards to the 2oz silver versions over the pond? I'm guessing most mainly look at ebay to gauge prices this early on.

Edited by MrStacker

3 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

@NGMDany information in regards to the 2oz silver versions over the pond? I'm guessing most mainly look at ebay to gauge prices this early on.

No idea really. Most of the 2oz versions delivered I’ve heard of have been horrible and rejected. One guy pre sold his 10z and very keen to get the 5 and 10oz to sell on while they’re hot.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

1 hour ago, MrStacker said:

Damn these silver proofs are getting worse across several RM ranges. ☹️

They are now referred to as ‘bullion’.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

6 hours ago, Steve66 said:

I am a proud owner of that coin and I am hoping it doesn’t flop but to honest a low mintage of 90 I don’t think it will lose anything but no guarantees to increase in value I wish I could see into the future 

When you get a coin that size it becomes a novelty, a medallion, no longer a coin.

2 minutes ago, Mickjar said:

Just received my 2oz but it’s got a small frosting break on George’s boot. Is this acceptable?

, OIMG_0555.thumb.jpeg.8a4d75b477f0cbc0128973aec7b1e1bc.jpeg

No! Send it back and ask for a replacement or a refund. Sent mine back for less and asked for my money back. Won’t be buying another proof coin from the RM

I’m still yet to receive my coin, honestly very skeptical now due to the mass amounts of bad quality complaints from all the members.. not a great start if I’m honest 

17 minutes ago, Mickjar said:

It’s a shame as this takes away the enjoyment of receiving it then having to send it back 

Unfortunately that's the Royal mint gauntlet everyone must run. You win some and lose a lot 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 hour ago, Mickjar said:

Just received my 2oz but it’s got a small frosting break on George’s boot. Is this acceptable?

Sorry to hear that.

🎶Return to sender🎶

if you accept this, it becomes the norm.

-Royal Mint 2024

5 minutes ago, James32 said:

Unfortunately that's the Royal mint gauntlet everyone must run. You win some and lose a lot 😆 

Secondary market is where it's at for a collector a lot of the time. Sure a few offerings are cheaper on release from the mint direct, but you don't get to see the exact coin before purchase. 

Wish i had scooped one of these on the day, but hopefully i can pick one up in time that's met the grade. 

78av.gif

1 minute ago, SilverDrum said:

Secondary market is where it's at for a collector a lot of the time. Sure a few offerings are cheaper on release from the mint direct, but you don't get to see the exact coin before purchase. 

Wish i had scooped one of these on the day, but hopefully i can pick one up in time that's met the grade. 

Yeah completely agree, I've given up on buying direct.

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

13 minutes ago, SilverDrum said:

I think @GoldDiggerDave has a few spare and you know he’s going through them thoroughly.

-Royal Mint 2024

1 hour ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

I will have some 2oz, 5oz and 10oz silvers.

got 1 spare 2oz gold,

Did you have to return any Dave?

On 11/03/2024 at 14:32, paulmerton said:

They're proud of their low returns rate.

And while it remains low, it's not worth their effort improving quality. They can just pump this stuff out, knowing that most of it will be accepted regardless.

When something has a £2k premium, I think they can justify having someone spend a full 2 minutes looking at the coin for defects.

But they don't.

Just catching up with this thread and I sadly have to agree with the above comments.

Think about it, why should the RM pay staff, temps or anyone for Quality Control when the customers do it for free?

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

15 hours ago, Mickjar said:

If you are grading it won't affect the grade....apparently according to ngc as its a mint production issue rather than post production. However if you are wanting a perfect coin I would return it if that's what you want. Personally I have 3 coins with such issues and I kept them, its kind of difficult when you live abroad to send things back due to the time frame for returns as they have to go through customs etc which eats into the time permitted. All coins with the issue were graded and while the gold coins scored 70 the third coin was silver and didn't score a 70 due to Royal Mint milk spots they lovingly placed on most of their silver just so I didn't feel left out.