• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

NEW St. George and the Dragon coin with Garter inscription

6 minutes ago, Silver200sx said:

Well, last time it took half a year since release ...to cancel 5oz denomination.

Exactly 

Aaaahhh😉

Just now, paulmerton said:

But you'd think that they must be able to make it this time if they went ahead and sold them.

Ready to throw my toys out the pram if not!

You would hope so ..plenty of time to learn from past issues. Was it 3-5 weeks at launch? I can’t remember now. 

Aaaahhh😉

If they can't do the 5oz, I suppose I would be willing to take an upgrade to the 10 oz , wouldn't be happy but I'm sure I could make it work.😁

Edited by Wampum

Just now, Wampum said:

If they can't do the 5oz, I suppose I would be willing to take an upgrade to the 10 oz , wouldn't be happy but I'm sure I could make it work.

If it were free, sure. It was never the best first choice as its piedfort nature makes the edge inscription float around in the middle of nowhere.

18 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

If it were free, sure. It was never the best first choice as its piedfort nature makes the edge inscription float around in the middle of nowhere.

I don't even think they would offer the 10 oz as those are all allocated at the moment. The 10 oz isn't really suited to the inscription, even the petition 10 oz looks better albeit similar floating in the middle.

If it is the edge inscription, that's the problem, they could possibly do a 5 oz plain edge, defeats the object of a Great Engraver remake, however you would least have the G&D design on a 5 oz Planchet.      

59 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

But you'd think that they must be able to make it this time if they went ahead and sold them.

Ready to throw my toys out the pram if not!

Why would they cancel the 5 oz?

I haven't had mine yet and so many toys would be thrown out the pram if they cancel!

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

4 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

I haven't had mine yet and so many toys would be thrown out the pram if they cancel!

I don’t think the can… not this time. But at what time from launch does it become annoying. The 2oz’s (and 10) were pushing it tbh. 

Aaaahhh😉

10 minutes ago, Agaupl said:

I don’t think the can… not this time. But at what time from launch does it become annoying. The 2oz’s (and 10) were pushing it tbh. 

Well, I have enquired with my account manager what is the expected delivery of my order. 

The thing I hate most of all about The Royal Mint is that you just never get any communication from them on this. You order, pay and then just have no information. 

Their online order CRM system is literally useless too.

Very frustrating

Visit my website for all my Hand Poured Silver: http://backyardbullion.com

And check out my YouTube channel 

https://www.youtube.com/backyardbullion

45 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Well, I have enquired with my account manager what is the expected delivery of my order. 

The thing I hate most of all about The Royal Mint is that you just never get any communication from them on this. You order, pay and then just have no information. 

Their online order CRM system is literally useless too.

Very frustrating

I had what seemed to be a error on my order, not the GE series it was the memorial coins  (order value showed as =£0 and original dispatch was meant for 10 days ) … after 3 months asked the customer derives and I explained all of this but could not penetrate through the generic “this is a busy time.. ordered will be dispatched as soon as possible” spiel.

There was clearly an order glitch but I could not get past line one in customer services bots to ever get an answer. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

6 minutes ago, SiCole said:

@NGMD imagine if they cancelled the 5oz's!

I’d just glue three 2oz’s together to get a 5oz🤪

Let’s all admit, the RM is a clusterfook company to deal with. A national embarrassment and you, as a customer, mean nothing to them. That is all.

2 hours ago, Wampum said:

Just found this image

This looks more like a kilo rather than the 5 or 10 oz coins, not sure if this has been mentioned before, however this is first time I have seen the image. 

old-new-george-the-dragon-coins-2.jpg

Is that the new one on the right?

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024

What do you all think of the 10oz mintage of 90?

Will it stay at the current premium or be a flop after few months..

37 minutes ago, BackyardBullion said:

Because that's what happened with the 5oz Petition Crown. It took them several months to decide they couldn't actually make it and then refund everyone.

But like I said, hopefully they are more confident about this one because they have gone ahead and sold them despite the previous debacle.

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

Because that's what happened with the 5oz Petition Crown. It took them several months to decide they couldn't actually make it and then refund everyone.

But like I said, hopefully they are more confident about this one because they have gone ahead and sold them despite the previous debacle.

Yeap, after unsuccessful attempts to produce them for half a year. 

360 years later after Thomas Simon's work...

On 12/03/2024 at 13:44, NGMD said:

I’d just glue three 2oz’s together to get a 5oz🤪

Let’s all admit, the RM is a clusterfook company to deal with. A national embarrassment and you, as a customer, mean nothing to them. That is all.

Is that the new one on the right?

No it can't be, there is not enough scratches. 

On 12/03/2024 at 13:46, AOB said:

What do you all think of the 10oz mintage of 90?

Will it stay at the current premium or be a flop after few months..

I am a proud owner of that coin and I am hoping it doesn’t flop but to honest a low mintage of 90 I don’t think it will lose anything but no guarantees to increase in value I wish I could see into the future 

2 minutes ago, Steve66 said:

I am a proud owner of that coin and I am hoping it doesn’t flop but to honest a low mintage of 90 I don’t think it will lose anything but no guarantees to increase in value I wish I could see into the future 

One sold for £1800 yesterday. It would seem the Americans are very keen on the 5s and 10s.

“Foook You, you’re an irrelevant customer, go somewhere else peasant, nobody’s listening, I’m alright Jack”

-Royal Mint 2024