• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

All I want for Christmas is . . . . . . . . ? 1oz of GOLD? a sovereign??? let's get it and all be part of the journey

Paul

16 minutes ago, Makey1976 said:

Lads as seeninpostbeen saving for the 1oz coin gold . 
seen price rise over last month and said worried that I should buy now because my be in 5 month the price will rise more 😂 seen one today and sitting here actually stomach turning thinking should I buy or not.

how did you react and feel the first time buying something that cost a lot more than you usual buy . I.e silver coins , bars , sovereign etc. 

My first precious metal purchase was 5 gold sovereigns from the Royal Mint in 2022. Umm’d and Arr’d for days before buying and felt a little panic once I’d pulled the trigger but looking back, was a great thing to have done and paved the way for a lot more gold purchase since then. It’s right to consider options before spending a chunk of cash, especially when you’ve not done it before. Really buzz once you’ve done it though and have it in hand 👍🏼

3 minutes ago, JamesH said:

My first precious metal purchase was 5 gold sovereigns from the Royal Mint in 2022. Umm’d and Arr’d for days before buying and felt a little panic once I’d pulled the trigger but looking back, was a great thing to have done and paved the way for a lot more gold purchase since then. It’s right to consider options before spending a chunk of cash, especially when you’ve not done it before. Really buzz once you’ve done it though and have it in hand 👍🏼

Thanks mate for reply. It’s really just cause the amount of increased over last few month. Alway wanted an 1oz Brit and started saving for it . But with the rise now worried about buying such large amount on one piece in case it falls again . Do I just keep buying half and full sovereigns as if price drops the same as rises then will lose not as much , as to get rid of smaller coins than one big one will be easier and smaller loss (if that make sense 😂). But as you said I always waited larger coin and heart ❤️ really wants it and would be buzzing having it in hand . 

24 minutes ago, Makey1976 said:

Lads as seeninpostbeen saving for the 1oz coin gold . 
seen price rise over last month and said worried that I should buy now because my be in 5 month the price will rise more 😂 seen one today and sitting here actually stomach turning thinking should I buy or not.

how did you react and feel the first time buying something that cost a lot more than you usual buy . I.e silver coins , bars , sovereign etc. 

Can't remember the first time I bought, seams to have blurred in to the others. However, I did make a bucket list purchase of 100 sovereigns. That was a tad bit stomach turning and a ball ache with the bank. 

7 minutes ago, Makey1976 said:

Thanks mate for reply. It’s really just cause the amount of increased over last few month. Alway wanted an 1oz Brit and started saving for it . But with the rise now worried about buying such large amount on one piece in case it falls again . Do I just keep buying half and full sovereigns as if price drops the same as rises then will lose not as much , as to get rid of smaller coins than one big one will be easier and smaller loss (if that make sense 😂). But as you said I always waited larger coin and heart ❤️ really wants it and would be buzzing having it in hand . 

Provided you’re planning to hold for the long term, personally, I’d try not to worry too much about what the gold price will do in the short term. 2 Grands worth of gold whether in Brit form or Sovereign, will increase/decrease the same so I’d say consider the spend, as opposed which coin. 

On 21/04/2024 at 20:12, Makey1976 said:

Going to be a lot of ounce gold on the sales pages on the run up to Christmas this year.🤓

Last week of April and the only update I have and all that can be said of me is R.f5434b47b555363f0edd2ea8269ec014?rik=t I'm here to monty-python-confess.gif Again.

eJYTguPvfofeoLrmmRjI0OdibbHY= I saw a lovely 1937 George VI, graded to PF63. and had to have it. On top of the 1oz Brit. They spoke to me on a spiritual level and I had to say "Savings be damned"

So, You see, Although my piggy bank may not recover IuT1A8= I do feel I have completed the goals. Just with borrowed fund's from the general household bills account. I will therefore, going forward give my updates as a minus amount from my in my next update until hopefully I am back in credit. 

I am aware folk may think e3637c50-d8d9-420c-8693-cafbbe2ac925_tex But thought it may look odd if I start updating with Image result for i will be mostly Debt.

Edited by ZRPMs

2 minutes ago, SidS said:

How long did it take you to get that all lined up correctly! 😁

It wrote it's self really. You first have to to be madder than a box of frogs. giphy.gif&ehk=aEnz%2BAXeDlYi3xTLyv0eoPuB then, Have the time to confuse the algo on your computer to distraction.

On 16/11/2023 at 19:08, Paul said:

What will it cost ?

So based on todays prices 

• 1oz gold Britannia = £1650
  • 1 full sovereign = £385
  • x5 sovereigns = £1925

This works out as follows

Daily cost:

• 1oz gold Britannia = £1650 / 365 days =  £4.52 per day
  • 1 full sovereign = £385 / 365 days = £1.05 per day 
  • x5 sovereigns = £1925 / 365 days = £5.27 a day 

Weekly cost:

• 1oz gold Britannia = £1650 / 52 weeks =  £31.73 per week
  • 1 full sovereign = £385 / 365 days = £7.40 per week
  • x5 sovereigns = £1925 / 365 days = £37.07 per week 

Monthly cost:

• 1oz gold Britannia = £1650 / 12 months  =  £137.50 per month
  • 1 full sovereign = £385 / 12 months = £32.08 per month
  • x5 sovereigns = £1925 / 12 months = £160.41 per month

I think @Paul your costings on the initial post explain why myself and a couple other have decided to purchase already. At the time I bought my 1oz Brit at £1,850 it was under spot.

Anyway, To close April out  I have already bought as part of this Christmas savings club, pushing me in to the red. As and update I bought 

1oz 2014 Britannia @ £1,850.00

1937 sovereign PF63 @ £3,000.00

So my spends for the savings club outside my normal collecting are £4,850.00. 

To date, From the proceeds of clearing out sheds and surplus MTG Collection I have made net sales of £1,481.20

Leaving me in the red for -£3,368.80 

I have already bought mine too 🌞

@ZRPMs if you sell your Beauty Queen carriage you will get back into black in one hit 🥳

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

1 hour ago, ZRPMs said:

I bought it for the little one. It's hers. If I ever sold it she would never speak to me again. I call her my little princess and she really believes she is. She had it when she was 3 and what other little one has a carriage like that if they're not a real princess right. 

There is some footage of it from it's first use back in 1953/4 In Anglesey but here's a few pictures from it's early days.

Scancoach1.thumb.jpg.422019b2e0786364e31a09a75f19bfea.jpgScancoach7.thumb.jpg.b678ba9f43c03f4f76014b46915bbdc5.jpgScancoach3.jpg.e02a7d07475cc061889dd26c8c36cc3d.jpgScancoach4.thumb.jpg.6e57c56144ec72c6bdf357fa82efaf62.jpg 

Wow - that is brilliant - I don’t think that I would ever speak to you again if you sold it 🥰

8 hours ago, Aldebaran said:

Another £250 today and I am now at £1850 - gold is £1838.49……..so by my calculations I have made it 🥳🥳🥳

IMG_0911.jpeg

Excellent, is that premium bonds you've won it on?

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Just now, Aldebaran said:

@Gruff - it is, I have been lucky lately 🥳

First month for me in about a year that I've not won anything on Premium Bonds. I've done OK over the last couple years on it. 7% return in about 2 and a half years. At the moment that all goes to additional overpayment on the mortgage.

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

53 minutes ago, Petra said:

Well done🤔😮nothing tempting you yet🤔👀

I have bought mine already - now I have  finished paying for it 🤩

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

First month for me in about a year that I've not won anything on Premium Bonds. I've done OK over the last couple years on it. 7% return in about 2 and a half years. At the moment that all goes to additional overpayment on the mortgage.

I know that many people dis Premium Bonds, but we have held them for years and they have always performed really well.

Overpaying a mortgage, I believe, is the best course - I worked in that sector years ago.

1 minute ago, Aldebaran said:

I know that many people dis Premium Bonds, but we have held them for years and they have always performed really well.

Overpaying a mortgage, I believe, is the best course - I worked in that sector years ago.

I've worked in Financial Services for the majority of my career and that is why I use cash, invest in PMs and am over paying the mortgage as much as I can without crippling living.