• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

All I want for Christmas is . . . . . . . . ? 1oz of GOLD? a sovereign??? let's get it and all be part of the journey

Paul

How's everyone's savings 💰 coming along ? 💸  💰 

Are we all still on track ? 

Still on the gold savings train? 

🚂 Choo! Choo !! 

Destination Christmas 🎄 🎁

40 minutes ago, Paul said:

🚂 Choo! Choo !! 

Well, on track and a little ahead of December's price and initial target. Might need to up the game as 5 sovs could very £2500 or more at the end of the year

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

3 minutes ago, paulmerton said:

I can see silver sovereigns becoming more popular this Christmas.

Is there such a thing? I know nothing about sovs. Time I learnt really...

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

53 minutes ago, Paul said:

🚂 Choo! Choo !! 

Half way :D

Ad lunam, ad opes ac felicitatem.

"Put the soup down. Today is a caviar day."    -James32

1 minute ago, Upsidedown said:

Half way :D

What's half way? What were you aiming for? 5 sovs? 

Just now, Gruff said:

What's half way? What were you aiming for? 5 sovs? 

5/10 sovs

I've got more but some were technically trades

Just now, Upsidedown said:

5/10 sovs

I've got more but some were technically trades

I thought the plan was to save up and then all buy in December as a Christmas present to ourselves, no?!

Just now, Gruff said:

I thought the plan was to save up and then all buy in December as a Christmas present to ourselves, no?!

Was it? Or am I on the wrong thread.

Thought it was a "what do you want to save this year" thread lol

On 16/11/2023 at 19:08, Paul said:

What will it cost ?

So based on todays prices 

• 1oz gold Britannia = £1650
  • 1 full sovereign = £385
  • x5 sovereigns = £1925

This works out as follows

Daily cost:

• 1oz gold Britannia = £1650 / 365 days =  £4.52 per day
  • 1 full sovereign = £385 / 365 days = £1.05 per day 
  • x5 sovereigns = £1925 / 365 days = £5.27 a day 

Weekly cost:

• 1oz gold Britannia = £1650 / 52 weeks =  £31.73 per week
  • 1 full sovereign = £385 / 365 days = £7.40 per week
  • x5 sovereigns = £1925 / 365 days = £37.07 per week 

Monthly cost:

• 1oz gold Britannia = £1650 / 12 months  =  £137.50 per month
  • 1 full sovereign = £385 / 12 months = £32.08 per month
  • x5 sovereigns = £1925 / 12 months = £160.41 per month

This was the original... 

At the moment, the 5 sovs based on https://tavexbullion.co.uk/gold/great-britain-memorial-sovereign-2022/
Is £449.23 each, so £2246.15, an increase of £321.15 on the price back in November last year 

On 16/11/2023 at 19:08, Paul said:

As we begin to approach the Christmas season, ive had a little bit of a fun idea which could be good to do as a forum collective and enjoy the journey together over the next year

As stackers we all want more gold but near all time high price, cost of living, inflation, interest rates it is hard to do for some in one purchase 

My idea is we ALL collectively choose a purchase for December 1st 2024 and save towards it enjoying the journey 

This can be whatever you want to allow for your own budget, big of small. 

This was the original, but however it gets cut, I'm sure we all won't mind :) 

1 minute ago, Gruff said:

Then in my rash attempt to avoid reading words, I appear to have misinterpreted.

Just now, Upsidedown said:

Then in my rash attempt to avoid reading words, I appear to have misinterpreted.

Nae bother. As Paul has stated your strategy appears to be working wonders at the moment!

3 minutes ago, Gruff said:

I'll get chatGPT to redraft and proof read it for next years gold save'a'thon now I know how to use it 😁

Just now, Paul said:

I'll get chatGPT to redraft and proof read it for next years gold save'a'thon now I know how to use it 😁

Excellent idea

28 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Yes, if you count the Gibraltar things and a few others that claim to be silver sovereigns.

I was expecting some kind of Wonka based silver sovereign merch too after the movie.

1 hour ago, Paul said:

🚂 Choo! Choo !! 

I need to do a check and total what's been sold But I think I'm approaching £2000 now so on track for either the 5 sovereigns or the rarest sovereign I can afford with what I have saved.

38 minutes ago, ZRPMs said:

or the rarest sovereign I can afford with what I have saved.

That sounds good. Now I follow all auctions and learning more than just bullion and weight, the very best graded older pieces certainly seem to shine

IE if you buy the best in class graded

1 hour ago, Gruff said:

Isle of Man have done one for D Day at £35.  Loads of adverts on TV which might mean it's not selling.  Only in proof.

2 hours ago, Upsidedown said:
2 hours ago, Gruff said:

Was it? Or am I on the wrong thread.

Thought it was a "what do you want to save this year" thread lol

Prematurely using your Christmas spending money. I sure there's a joke in there somewhere. I'll just say well done at locking in the price in the dip.