• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

All I want for Christmas is . . . . . . . . ? 1oz of GOLD? a sovereign??? let's get it and all be part of the journey

Paul

When @Paul started this topic in November I didn’t feel the need to participate as I didn’t see me adding to my gold this year. I keep meaning to put some graded proofs up for sale first.

I managed to get to the very last day in January when @Fenlander1 tempted me with a generously priced 1oz bullion Robin Hood coin. Technically I didn’t add to MY gold as it’s going to be a present for my archery daft son.

I then went daft myself in March. Nothing to do with archery - just mad about gold coins. Started off March by adding to my small sovereign bullion stack with a big 1oz for myself this time - the Lion of England, courtesy of @9x883, followed by a George V sov from @Foster88 and a Gillick sov from @James32

I’m retired now so no longer earning a wage therefore April was going to be frugal. To hell with frugal though. @9x883 tempted me once again, this time with a lovely 1oz Oriental Brit. That’s what happens when I read the Buy and Sell topics last thing of a night and I’m too tired to resist a cheeky purchase. Memo to self - don’t read that topic last thing of a night (especially when you need the cash for new car tyres and car insurance).

So I’m being good in May (I need to be) but I’ve added approx 2.5 ounces to the stack in 2024. Not really saving anything for a Christmas gold treat though, but happy with what I’ve unexpectedly achieved in a few short months though. Gold could be more expensive by Christmas or it could be cheaper. Why worry? Take the plunge and buy it if you can when you can. Own it and love it.

So my sincere thanks to the above Forum stalwarts for my 2024 purchases, along with an apology to @9x883 for not keeping him rolling in cash for a third consecutive month 😊

Own it and Love it.

(With thanks to 9x883 for the suggestion)

6 minutes ago, GoodAsGold said:

When @Paul started this topic in November I didn’t feel the need to participate as I didn’t see me adding to my gold this year. I keep meaning to put some graded proofs up for sale first.

I managed to get to the very last day in January when @Fenlander1 tempted me with a generously priced 1oz bullion Robin Hood coin. Technically I didn’t add to MY gold as it’s going to be a present for my archery daft son.

I then went daft myself in March. Nothing to do with archery - just mad about gold coins. Started off March by adding to my small sovereign bullion stack with a big 1oz for myself this time - the Lion of England, courtesy of @9x883, followed by a George V sov from @Foster88 and a Gillick sov from @James32

I’m retired now so no longer earning a wage therefore April was going to be frugal. To hell with frugal though. @9x883 tempted me once again, this time with a lovely 1oz Oriental Brit. That’s what happens when I read the Buy and Sell topics last thing of a night and I’m too tired to resist a cheeky purchase. Memo to self - don’t read that topic last thing of a night (especially when you need the cash for new car tyres and car insurance).

So I’m being good in May (I need to be) but I’ve added approx 2.5 ounces to the stack in 2024. Not really saving anything for a Christmas gold treat though, but happy with what I’ve unexpectedly achieved in a few short months though. Gold could be more expensive by Christmas or it could be cheaper. Why worry? Take the plunge and buy it if you can when you can. Own it and love it.

So my sincere thanks to the above Forum stalwarts for my 2024 purchases, along with an apology to @9x883 for not keeping him rolling in cash for a third consecutive month 😊

I remember you buying the archery coin for your son, I thought it was brilliant🏹

I wonder if you will be frugal in May……… 😆

When all hope is gone all that’s left is truth. 

Adding 2.5oz is great. 'Own it and love it' ❤️ This should be your signature on here! Yes be good! The charts usually creep down in the summer, so I'm told! Some members balance small amounts, more frequently. You can catch some really good deals on here from @James32 @Tn21 @kneehow2018 @Auronumto name a few

14 minutes ago, Aldebaran said:

I remember you buying the archery coin for your son, I thought it was brilliant🏹

I wonder if you will be frugal in May……… 😆

Thank you young lady. I’m not sure if the RM still put “Treasure For Life” on their coin boxes, but hopefully my son will treasure that Robin Hood coin.

Yeah, May is going to be a long month. But what the hell. March and April were golden.

Own it and Love it.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, 9x883 said:

Adding 2.5oz is great. 'Own it and love it' ❤️ This should be your signature on here! Yes be good! The charts usually creep down in the summer, so I'm told! Some members balance small amounts, more frequently. You can catch some really good deals on here from @James32 @Tn21 @kneehow2018 @Auronumto name a few

Thank you my friend. Your top grade 2012 double sov is a great coin as well by the way and your pics do it great justice. But it would be an injustice if you had to sell it for a daylight robbery price so I wish you the best of luck if you still have it and put it up for sale again in the future. I didn’t think the coin and price were the problem - it just seems to be about getting the timing right in this difficult market and perhaps a bit of luck.

Oh I’ve just noticed it’s back on, or still for sale. Good luck Chris.

Edited by GoodAsGold
Updated with extra sentence.

Own it and Love it.

3 hours ago, 9x883 said:

Best deals come from @arshimo2012, but you have to be quick before they get hoovered up.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

9 minutes ago, YorkshireStacker said:

My update for May, still plugging away. Stacking up those the pounds, into ever growing mounds.

Screenshot_749c1eebd50c5cb59cc569baae8a458f.jpg

Excellent progress there! 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/

Just now, Paul said:

Ive upped my weekly standing order to £40 from £31.73

I'm currently sat just over £900 and its building nicely 

Nice! Going to be needed if we're still aiming for the 5 sovs. Otherwise it'll be 4 sovs and a packet of rolo's :D 

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

13 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Nice! Going to be needed if we're still aiming for the 5 sovs. Otherwise it'll be 4 sovs and a packet of rolo's :D 

I will probably put some extra cash to whatever I have saved up, and go for a PF70 gold £5/five sov seeing as they seem better value for money than common bullion given spot and its rises thus far this year 

Maybe another Memorial PF70 Five sovereign for the stack if I can find one around the £3,000ish mark ??

9 minutes ago, Paul said:

I will probably put some extra cash to whatever I have saved up, and go for a PF70 gold £5/five sov seeing as they seem better value for money than common bullion given spot and its rises thus far this year 

Maybe another Memorial PF70 Five sovereign for the stack if I can find one around the £3,000ish mark ??

Nice, I'm still aiming at the 5 sovs (my first 5 sovs). Nice way to get some.

1 minute ago, Sanctuary79 said:

Its been a while since I updated, life's not been going as planned - I've been selected for redundancy as of next month. If I can secure a new job fairly quickly, I should stay on track for a Christmas ounce, with a possible bonus with my payout (though the wife has other plans for it!) 

Interesting times ahead..

Hope everything works out ok for you and the family 👍🏼

4 hours ago, Sanctuary79 said:

Its been a while since I updated, life's not been going as planned - I've been selected for redundancy as of next month. If I can secure a new job fairly quickly, I should stay on track for a Christmas ounce, with a possible bonus with my payout (though the wife has other plans for it!) 

Interesting times ahead..

Sorry to hear that! Hope you secure a new job soon

Another £150 into the pot for this. Total now £1300. It's going to be tight. Will be needing to stick some more in to make 5 sovs at the end of the year.

17 minutes ago, Gruff said:

Another £150 into the pot for this. Total now £1300. It's going to be tight. Will be needing to stick some more in to make 5 sovs at the end of the year.

Keep on keeping on 🌞

When all hope is gone all that’s left is truth. 

12 minutes ago, Petra said:

Well done …🤔 5 half sovereigns looking good for you😮😁🔥🔥

Perhaps, but I think I'll be able to get it up to what I need to get the 5 sovs.