• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

King Charles III Effigy on Royal Canadian Mint coins

37 minutes ago, jason94151 said:

I was wondering what do you think about King Charles effigy on the canadian coins now that it been revealed. Do you thing this effigy will affect how your going to buy gold,silver,etc made from royal canadian mint?

I suppose it is not too bad.

Royal Canadian Mint Releases Image of a Crownless King Charles for All Coins  | The Epoch Times

1 hour ago, SidS said:

Way better than the Betty White portrait of the last monarch. 😁

He could have straightened his tie though.

It looks like a half Windsor knot. I never personally liked it, and when I wear a tie I do a full Windsor.

And I got called a toff for that.

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

I can see a lot of folk just shunning KC releases altogether as i don't honestly think he is particularly liked by most people around the world.

Wouldn't be surprised if folk just focused on buying older items or QEII releases they missed out on during her reign

Aside from this Coronation year and its "unique" releases, that will stand the test of time regardless if he is liked or not, i don't think i will be buying very much of anything brand new now ongoing with the exception of the next Great Engravers series

18 minutes ago, Paul said:

I can see a lot of folk just shunning KC releases altogether as i don't honestly think he is particularly liked by most people around the world.

Wouldn't be surprised if folk just focused on buying older items or QEII releases they missed out on during her reign

Aside from this Coronation year and its "unique" releases, that will stand the test of time regardless if he is liked or not, i don't think i will be buying very much of anything brand new now ongoing with the exception of the next Great Engravers series

He’s grown on me. Like a benign tumour that you come to love. I personally like him a lot. Not that I’ve met him. He’s got so much going against him and will never be particularly popular… but he is who he is and he embraces that weirdness. He went through so much and he has my sympathy. 

As for coins I think it depends on the length of his reign. I expect it to be 15 plus years but who knows. Looking back George VI reign looks short now and I think Charles will be a similar length. But imagine it being less than 5. 

Edited by Agaupl

Aaaahhh😉

1 hour ago, Agaupl said:

He’s grown on me. Like a benign tumour that you come to love. I personally like him a lot. Not that I’ve met him. He’s got so much going against him and will never be particularly popular… but he is who he is and he embraces that weirdness. He went through so much and he has my sympathy. 

As for coins I think it depends on the length of his reign. I expect it to be 15 plus years but who knows. Looking back George VI reign looks short now and I think Charles will be a similar length. But imagine it being less than 5. 

I've met him twice. He has certainly won over my heart. He's probably one of the nicest person one could ever meet (if one is lucky enough). Of course it's part of his job to be nice, but he's also one of the fewer people who wouldn't scream at people just because they wear tweed.

Forget about his environmental credentials. If you need to name ONE nice environmentalist that's him. On the other hand, the JSO/XR rascals are the exact opposite (and happen to be in the same group of people who hate our King most). And the King neither blocks the road nor tells people what to do by pointing his finger at their noses. He does what he can for what he believes by allowing wind farms on his land and giving away the profits. Leadership in action, which is better than almost any elected politician.

Ultimately, people need to know who's on whose side and what they wish for. I've never seen a republican who could show how we'd be any better off without our monarchy. They usually descend to their usual parroting of "equality" and "outdated" argument but never developed beyond what a crying 3 year old could articulate. Don't forget this: what can be arbitrated as excessive for the royals can be arbitrated for everyone of us. Those going for the "spare" palaces will come after the spare houses and spare rooms of you and I. 

Edited by SeverinDigsSovereigns

If we do the right thing this time, we might have to do the right thing again next time.

7 hours ago, Paul said:

I prefer the Queen over Charles, that's for sure. I buy as much with the Queen while I can. I think Charles is mostly a clown but I have no problem buying things with the effigy on it. If anything, I enjoy doing something so reactionary as buying gold and silver and having a guy like Charles on the coin.

I think the Canadian effigy is clearly the best one. 

13 hours ago, jason94151 said:

I was wondering what do you think about King Charles effigy on the canadian coins now that it been revealed. Do you thing this effigy will affect how your going to buy gold,silver,etc made from royal canadian mint?

I will definitely buy more from the RCM. The Canadian depiction of Liz II was an embarrassment and I pretty much only bought gold from Australia or the UK. A lot of this definitely had to do with the weak effigy on Canadian maples.

The Canadian depiction of Charles is easily the best between the Perth, Royal Mint and RCM.  The Perth depiction of Charles is extremely mopey and sad. The Royal Mint's is OK. Charles has a much more regal attitude in the Canadian effigy.

I will still buy more Perth coins with Charles than I did Canadian coins of Liz because I'm sure Aussie Kangaroos will be very nice.

1 hour ago, westminstrel said:

Makes me wonder if all other Mints deliberately design the portraits to look more like caricatures.

I don’t believe I’ve seen any portrait of QE II or KC III that’s better than the Royal Mint’s. There’s always something just that much off-kilter about them.

Doesn't all the other mints need King Charles approval for their effigy portraits? Maybe King Charles had a few requests on how he wanted to look for their Effigy Portaits.

15 hours ago, Paul said:

Spotted this on BookFace - shows some other portraits from other countries 

May be an image of text

Looks like the Jersey and Official UK coin would be odds on to not roll in a straight line if all 4 were rolled together due to the accurate representation of his massive ears :D 

Edited by Gruff
Spelling...

The closer the collapse of an Empire, the crazier it's laws - Marcus Tullius Cicero

We had the warning in 2006-9 but central banks ignored it and just added new worthless debt to existing worthless debt to create worthless debt squared – an obvious recipe for disaster. - Egon von Greyerz

https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/83864-uk-bank-regulations/