• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Help Needed

4 minutes ago, Gordy said:

That's probably right for businesses but he's talking about buying off here

I have about half of my pm purchases redirected to Post Office (after a Postman commented that I keep buying myself jewellery!!).

The choice of PO seems to be the five closest rather than a random one miles away.

A PO Box is about £20 per month, I think that is more use if you’re selling as it is likely that you will have the coins at home.

But maybe I am just worrying too much🌞

Coins are not only a store of value but a store of beauty.

The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are. (Joseph Campbell).

43 minutes ago, Zhorro said:

If this is the case, what is there to stop anyone going on-line and changing the delivery address?

1. They would need to know your tracking number,

2. You can still check the delivery address online and see where it went.

"To get to where I need to be, I start by walking away from where I am."

52 minutes ago, Aldebaran said:

I have about half of my pm purchases redirected to Post Office (after a Postman commented that I keep buying myself jewellery!!).

The choice of PO seems to be the five closest rather than a random one miles away.

A PO Box is about £20 per month, I think that is more use if you’re selling as it is likely that you will have the coins at home.

But maybe I am just worrying too much🌞

I often wonder about the postie's curiosity with so many SD packages coming to my address but I don't see a way around it. I don't like the idea of diverting packages once they're on the way if that's even possible.

3 hours ago, Zhorro said:

If this is the case, what is there to stop anyone going on-line and changing the delivery address?

You only give the tracking details to the person who you are sending to. No one else will have that. Plus the royal Mail ask for your email address and they will let you know when it is ready to be picked up.

Never Chase and Never Regret 

12 hours ago, Gordy said:

for about the last 3 months or so our postal service in the NE has started making signatures priority again, first we get a card saying "we will attempt again tomorrow" then if that fails it goes to our local sorting office for pick up

They stopped just posting through letterboxes a while back for us

ask the seller to send it to the care home, shes the manager, surely she can collect personal mail if its addressed C/O Mrs Bipolar etc etc

I have not read past this and also am not sure about later comments nor all dealers, but many (Chards for sure) will post only to the address to which the bank a/c, card, or whatever payment method is connected to.

Our postie always signs for us, although it's pretty rare that there's nobody at the house currently.

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

2 hours ago, flyingveepixie said:

I often wonder about the postie's curiosity with so many SD packages coming to my address but I don't see a way around it. I don't like the idea of diverting packages once they're on the way if that's even possible.

PO Box = £400 it items D'd or about £40-50 less if you collect. (Annually paid). 

Edited by Coverte
(Annually paid). 

A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they will never sit in.

1 hour ago, Coverte said:

I have not read past this and also am not sure about later comments nor all dealers, but many (Chards for sure) will post only to the address to which the bank a/c, card, or whatever payment method is connected to.

Our postie always signs for us, although it's pretty rare that there's nobody at the house currently.

Why tho cuz you need ID and signature of sent to post office so don’t see why they don’t do it 

This is a big problem for me too.

On here I generally ask for things to be posted via Tracked48.  Or to an alternative address which can then be relayed to me about a week later.  The only benefit of 'Special' delivery is the insurance.  It doesn't usually get there any quicker.  It doesn't offer any more tracking points.  It costs more than twice as much as standard options.  And causes the hassle of signature or return.  Plus, it's advertising to everyone that there's a valuable item inside with the bright silver packaging.  Can't stand it myself! 🙄

Of course, if you live in a rough area or have a dodgy postman then the insurance could be useful, but if PM's are packaged discretely (and not rattling in caps lol!) then I doubt they're any more likely to get lost than normal post.

Most online retailers will only send to the same address as the card but not all of them.  Atkinsons allow a different address if you pay by bank transfer instead of by card.  Bleyer allow a different address as well.  If anyone knows of others, please let us know.  I'm reluctant to use BBP again as they don't allow an alternative address - but I do want that gold Koala. 😅

On 18/08/2023 at 13:46, BipolarStacker said:

Why tho cuz you need ID and signature of sent to post office so don’t see why they don’t do it 

If this is a question I'm afraid I don't understand what you are asking, could you please clarify.

The forum Is no problem , but most dealers will only post to address on the credit/debit card.  If you had a regular postman and build a good relationship ( Christmas tip) 😆  , then I'm sure they can break the rules and sign for you. It's all about trust each way.  The postie could be sacked immediately if caught doing that. Also its the sender who requires and paid for the service.  I always have coins sent to my work address if possible which is sensible as the less people who know your home address the better.  

11 minutes ago, pricha said:

The forum Is no problem , but most dealers will only post to address on the credit/debit card.  If you had a regular postman and build a good relationship ( Christmas tip) 😆  , then I'm sure they can break the rules and sign for you. It's all about trust each way.  The postie could be sacked immediately if caught doing that. Also its the sender who requires and paid for the service.  I always have coins sent to my work address if possible which is sensible as the less people who know your home address the better.  

I would expect, differing areas may play a part, in a flat in a big town or a city, you may not see the same postman each day; in a more rural setting, they sometimes have to deliver to different houses by vans due to distances.

- I suspect it maybe easier to have some form of decent relationship in the latter case.

Good point guys but I’m a ground worker I work 6 days a week and I work on site all over the place I have no work adress really and as for a relationship with post man probably never seen him 

I am gonna start getting it sent to my partners work she is the manager so it’s all good 👍 

On 17/08/2023 at 23:41, Bigmarc said:

I had something delivered the other day from a member on tsf. I wasn't in so they left a card saying they would try again and only after the second attempt I could go to collect from post office. 

This has become the normal procedure from RM now. I spoke with my local post office about this and they said it's being rolled out across the country now.

It’s not your local post office. That’s what has stopped, they are not working with the local places anymore to reduce costs. It goes to your local sorting office. It will only go to your local post office or anywhere else if you go online and change delivery address. I have just done that yesterday and came home to the parcel stuck through the letterbox without a signature.