• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Seymour Unicorn and The Police bullion and proofs

1 hour ago, paulmerton said:

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4324046

‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· CHARLES III · D · G · REX · F · D · 100 POUNDS”, and for the reverse either:

(a) a depiction of the Seymour Unicorn accompanied by the inscription “·SEYMOUR UNICORN · 1OZ · FINE GOLD · 999.9 ·” and the date of the year; or

(b) a depiction of the silhouettes of the three members of The Police accompanied by an inscription in microtext “1OZ FINE GOLD 999.9” and the date of the year.

Cheers for sharing Paul 👍🏼

4 hours ago, paulmerton said:

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4324046

‘For the obverse impression Our effigy with the inscription “· CHARLES III · D · G · REX · F · D · 100 POUNDS”, and for the reverse either:

(a) a depiction of the Seymour Unicorn accompanied by the inscription “·SEYMOUR UNICORN · 1OZ · FINE GOLD · 999.9 ·” and the date of the year; or

(b) a depiction of the silhouettes of the three members of The Police accompanied by an inscription in microtext “1OZ FINE GOLD 999.9” and the date of the year.

Also, it looks like they are releasing the bullion version of the Seymour Unicorn before the proofs.

As usual, messing around with the release order. 🫤

9 hours ago, westminstrel said:

What are the chances they’ll get Sting as part of their promotional campaign. 😏

As a 90s kid, I do like Sting though. Desert Rose was my puberty anthem. 😆

I remember him playing the Royal Albert Hall in 1994 when I was a student in South Kensington, but as an indie kid I would have been dismissive.

The series so far has looked weird. I think this is because of how their knees are positioned (they all look like monkeys!) 

But I'll stick with the series. I missed the QB train and have to jump on this one, also there'll be two dragons which I think have potential, unless they're monkeys with dragons' heads.

main-qimg-43f87c5ae27fc7d2339c731a16adc896-lq.jpg

On 15/04/2023 at 19:49, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

The series so far has looked weird. I think this is because of how their knees are positioned (they all look like monkeys!) 

But I'll stick with the series. I missed the QB train and have to jump on this one, also there'll be two dragons which I think have potential, unless they're monkeys with dragons' heads.

main-qimg-43f87c5ae27fc7d2339c731a16adc896-lq.jpg

Why have you posted what looks like the doctors plan for the human centipede?

On 15/04/2023 at 00:58, westminstrel said:

Also, it looks like they are releasing the bullion version of the Seymour Unicorn before the proofs.

As usual, messing around with the release order. 🫤

It's so weird how they are doing this series, I wonder just how weird the unicorn will look?

13 minutes ago, apachebleu said:

Why have you posted what looks like the doctors plan for the human centipede?

Tudor beasts centipede, rather.

Jokes aside, many animals have very high knee positions compared to those of anthropoids. On the TB lion and panther the knees were very low, making them look like monkeys. Yale and bull looked alright. The picture was to show that a dog's knees don't actually bend forwards, the forward bending bit is actually equivalent to a human's ankle.

The QB lion looked "correct", and I marked both for comparison.

Inked450ac091aabb4a775b5dca67c69d7558.jpg

Inkedimg_8448.jpg

3 hours ago, SeverinDigsSovereigns said:

Tudor beasts centipede, rather.

Jokes aside, many animals have very high knee positions compared to those of anthropoids. On the TB lion and panther the knees were very low, making them look like monkeys. Yale and bull looked alright. The picture was to show that a dog's knees don't actually bend forwards, the forward bending bit is actually equivalent to a human's ankle.

The QB lion looked "correct", and I marked both for comparison.

Inked450ac091aabb4a775b5dca67c69d7558.jpg

Inkedimg_8448.jpg

I agree, I didn't know some of those terms before your post but I definitely see what you mean. Always nice to learn something new.

Seeing those coins side by side is jarring....the queens beast lion looks majestic, the tudor lion is like a cartoon. I like them a lot but I can see why others wouldnt

17 hours ago, apachebleu said:

I agree, I didn't know some of those terms before your post but I definitely see what you mean. Always nice to learn something new.

Seeing those coins side by side is jarring....the queens beast lion looks majestic, the tudor lion is like a cartoon. I like them a lot but I can see why others wouldnt

Actually they may have realised the knee problem. If you look at the yale and the bull their legs look alright. Hopefully they will stick to the right geology... 

• 2 months later...