• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

A proper rip off

So I think I may have found (at least by percent of profit) the biggest rip off I've seen In this field.

I was trying to get some capsules for soverigns, ideally the royal mint ones. They sell them for 15.99 for a box of 20 which is fine but they were out of stock. After a bit of looking I found the London coin company had them on sale for 17.95, result, don't mind paying an extra 2 quid. However the listing didn't have a box size and I wanted to be sure it was the same size of box and I emailed them. 

In the email I joked that I was checking the box size as I wanted to be sure I wasn't buying the world's most expensive capsule. Imagine my surprise when they wrote back to tell me that yes, in fact you are only getting 1 capsule for that price....but it is very good quality. 18 quid for a single capsule!!!! How many people order that assuming it must be a box for that price? I've never bought anything from LCC and I damn sure won't going forward.

https://www.thelondoncoincompany.com/store

Screenshot_20230312_185643_Email.jpg

Screenshot_20230312_185239_Email.jpg

I'm not in a crazy rush to get the capsules so I can wait for the mint to get them back in stock. I really want them in particular as the only have the rim on the cap so they sit nice in a presentation box. 

I think you are comparing two slightly different items: air-tite and screw type capsules. Does RM offer also the screw type ones for sale on their website?

In any case, here they apparently have RM screw type ones for much less than what you found above, but of course still more than the price of generic air-tites:

https://britanniacoincompany.com/buy-coins/accessories/royal-mint-screw-type-gold-sovereign-capsule/ £4.95

14 hours ago, apachebleu said:

I'm not in a crazy rush to get the capsules so I can wait for the mint to get them back in stock. I really want them in particular as the only have the rim on the cap so they sit nice in a presentation box. 

Had the same thing, you have to call the mint and do a phone order as they never come in stock on website. Still took a couple of months mind but was looking for them for ages as they are the only ones that fit the RM box..

Also these aren't screw type Proof ones as I thought they would be, similar but push fit. But still decent.

Also saw the LCC listing and 🤬

9 hours ago, TringSilver said:

Had the same thing, you have to call the mint and do a phone order as they never come in stock on website. Still took a couple of months mind but was looking for them for ages as they are the only ones that fit the RM box..

Also these aren't screw type Proof ones as I thought they would be, similar but push fit. But still decent.

Also saw the LCC listing and 🤬

Good to know, I'll give them a call, cheers