• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Top 8 1oz Gold Bullion Coins

Fenlander1

I was just looking at my coins that aren't in storage yet that I've recieved over the last few weeks. I started my stacking buying 1 oz coins and decided recently to diversify into soverigns for no reason deeper than my misses bought me a soverign collecting box instead of a 1oz by mistake and I want to fill it.

I couldn't help but think while I compared the sovs and doubles to the tudor yale 1 oz that there really is no substitute for a 1 oz 9999 coin. Maybe I was spoiled by my early choices but the 1 ounce gold coin is the best/purest expression of stacking/numismatics it such a satisfying size.

I'll still be trying to fill the soverign box but 1oz golds will always be my favorite. Incidentally I got the 2 tudor beasts and they are excellent looking coins 

13 hours ago, Fenlander1 said:

I only have 4 jubilee soveriegns dont really like them 1oz is my love. I have the lion and yale TB hopefully the RM will release the next 1 soon🤞

Be ages they are too busy doing more Harry Potter s***e

Edited by Bogart

1. American Eagle

2. Krugerrand

3. American Buffalo

4. Britannia

5. Kangaroo

6. Vienna Philharmonic

7. Mexican Libertad

8. Maple Leaf

Bonus: Gold Panda (In 2016, this series changed to match the metric system. The 1 oz Gold Panda was replaced with 30 gram Gold Panda)

I don't know about top 8, but I do have 3 currently sitting in my basket waiting for me to delete two to then finally pull the trigger on the remaining coin in the basket. The choices;

Buffalo 2022, I love that coin so much, already have a few from that year and from the year before too so maybe time to diversify. The other two contenders in the basket are the 2023 Somalian Elephant, and the 2022 Armenian Noah's Ark, with the latter looking a real beaut. 

Just now, 20JMK20 said:

I don't know about top 8, but I do have 3 currently sitting in my basket waiting for me to delete two to then finally pull the trigger on the remaining coin in the basket. The choices;

Buffalo 2022, I love that coin so much, already have a few from that year and from the year before too so maybe time to diversify. The other two contenders in the basket are the 2023 Somalian Elephant, and the 2022 Armenian Noah's Ark, with the latter looking a real beaut. 

3 great choices, I'd probably go with the highest cost item during the dip if that makes sense. 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

5 minutes ago, Fenlander1 said:

Somali or noahs ark that's a hard choice. I went somali but apart of me wishes noahs ark, I think with the dip I would go with noah.

Just checked the prices of the Arks..sheesh

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

Just now, 20JMK20 said:

I can hear you both chanting in the distant @James32 and @Fenlander1 as you watch me with my hand on the trigger, finger ever so slightly moving ... ''Do it, do it, do it'' 😆

I have been there alot lately, you know you want to though. Do it do it

1 minute ago, 20JMK20 said:

I can hear you both chanting in the distant @James32 and @Fenlander1 as you watch me with my hand on the trigger, finger ever so slightly moving ... ''Do it, do it, do it'' 😆

Not trying too sway you in any way

20230218_163700.jpg

20230218_163756.jpg

15 minutes ago, Becca said:

Is an *audible gulp* a bit like a proper swallow, nice ephelant fair one :)

It's a sign for help ... Get me away from the Ark, it is so beautiful, I want it, but, no, too much, help me. Don't worry, my finger is no longer on the trigger, and I have walked away, for now that is, lol. Maybe if there is more of a dip I will take a ride in the boat, after-all there are 9 units left...