• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Storage / display Cases for the humble Sovereign

ZRPMs

Not sure if anyone can recommend some cases for the full sovereign. I used to be able to get hold of a case that held 22 in capsules but cant seem to find them any more. It would be nice to keep the collection together and in the same case or cases. My coins are really only bullion but I do have some nice uncased proof coins along with quite a few old shield sov's that would be nice to display. 

The collection is just over 200 coins and hoping to grow the collection as and when I can, so the ability to store them in the same type of case is preferred. I think it would make the collection look as if it belonged together.  I have bought some plastic cases that hold 100 capsules but the foam gasket in the capsules don't work for the sovereign. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards ZRPMs  

I do a case that holds 36 full sovereigns,  I have a couple in stock which are engraved, I also do plain walnut finish if that would maybe be a better fit for what you already have, think there are 4 or 5 of these left. Drop me a message if any interest 

Alun

20221030_204618.jpg

20221030_204738.jpg

5 hours ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

Many thanks, I think my brother has a couple. Lovely cases but a little bulky for the number of coins they hold. They might be a problem at the places I keep mine. Please see the cases I used to be able to get. If any one knows where they are still available the heads up would be greatly appreciated. They hold 22 coins and are quite compact.

20221217_104842.jpg

20221217_104918.jpg

Have a look at these guys, I ordered some caps and got a catalogue which shows all the stuff. Lots of options here which might balance the quantity you need and size.

https://www.dauwalders.co.uk/lighthouse-coin-accessories-2488-c.asp

Can attest to the RM case quality but big as you say and annoying with the 19 when 20 would fit easily. 

I think the one you like you may find with generic searching on eBay as I have the same one in a 10 version, just knocked out from the far east. 

On 17/12/2022 at 05:43, GoldDiggerDave said:

I agree. The only problem with the official Sov box, is that the official "push close" capsules (https://www.royalmint.com/invest/bullion/bullion-coins/coin-accessories/empty-full-sovereign-coin-pack-capsule/) from the Royal Mint are a rather tight fit. The screw capsules fit perfectly though!

Here's one of mine:

soivb1.JPG

Edited by SheepStacker

Buy high. Sell low.

43 minutes ago, TringSilver said:

Have a look at these guys, I ordered some caps and got a catalogue which shows all the stuff. Lots of options here which might balance the quantity you need and size.

https://www.dauwalders.co.uk/lighthouse-coin-accessories-2488-c.asp

Can attest to the RM case quality but big as you say and annoying with the 19 when 20 would fit easily. 

I think the one you like you may find with generic searching on eBay as I have the same one in a 10 version, just knocked out from the far east. 

Many Thanks for that, They seem to have a wide range. I will have a good look through their range.

34 minutes ago, SheepStacker said:

Also, I don't know the rationale behind 19 holes for your sovs, when 20 could have also fit nicely?! Maybe I'm being weird.

Yes they look a great quality case but 19. Seems odd to me. Looks a bit strange also. 

11 hours ago, Scootermuppet said:

Judging by the RM adverts where parents / grandparents are giving coins to their kids / grandkids, I’d say it would be for one sovereign at birth and for the next 18 years, giving 19 sovereigns? 🤔

Now that does make some kind of sense.  But it's a very niche need-state.  What about the rest of us who just want a nice symmetrical case interior that stores a nice round number!

• 9 months later...
  • Founder & Administrator
1 hour ago, Neilri said:

I am also on the look out for a nice sovereign box. I previously purchased one from Alun Moran which i was happy with but i'm not sure if he still does them

Why don’t you private message @Alun and ask? :) 

My posts are my personal opinions, they do not constitute advice or financial advice.

Please Follow / Like / Share to help spread the word of The Silver Forum:
TSF Instagram - TSF YouTube channel - TSF Facebook pageTSF Twitter page - TSF Threads (used for sever status updates)

Discounts / Offers
COTR Vouchers for Premium Members

Official TSF branded NGC label via COR grading
50% discount off of TSF mugs for Platinum Premium Members. (see info in Platinum Lounge)
Platinum Premium Members: Offers from selected Dealers - 15 dealers currently in the programme

At the risk of sounding a bit like Bono. I still haven't found what I've been looking for. Got them stored away in some cheap plastic cases in 30mm capsules with poor fitting gaskets. It would be nice to find something that would house my fulls and halfs. I did message @Alun and he was very good but something cropped up my end I a forgot to message him back to ask if he would do a special for me as what he had left wasn't enough. Sorry @Alun