• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

closed 1/4 oz Tudor Beasts Yale

harrygill111

2 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

No seems to have these in stock and I'm not paying Royal Mint prices. Anyone got a spare at a reasonable price? 

https://www.gerrardsbullion.com/shop/gold/gold-coins/2023-yale-of-beaufort-tudor-beasts-1-4-oz-gold-coin/

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

1 minute ago, harrygill111 said:

Cheers at @James32

Are they Trustworthy - not used them before and worth a double check as they're asking for ID, bank statements etc

Many members have used them before. A note that some people mentioned when they shipped multiple coins they were in the same bag for packing and could in theory have rubbed together. 

Mine were all fine though and 1 Oz coins all came capsuled 

6 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

Cheers at @James32

Are they Trustworthy - not used them before and worth a double check as they're asking for ID, bank statements etc

They're an old-school Hatton Garden outfit that's been around since the late Jurassic.  You're not going to get ripped off.

They asked me for ID as well - I think they do that with everybody.  To be fair, Bairds and one or two other companies have done that as well, and they're required to do so if you buy more than £10,000 worth of merchandise in a given year.

Not a terrible price by dealer standards, either.  Not a great price, but not terrible.

The Sovereign is the quintessentially British coin.  It has a German queen on the front, an Italian waiter on the back, and half of them were made in Australia.

8 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

Cheers at @James32

Use a credit card to bypass the checks then pay of instantly. 

Good company, if ordering more than one.. put in notes that they wrap separately. ( they have a habit putting bigger orders in the same bag loose)

26 minutes ago, harrygill111 said:

Cheers at @James32

bit nosey aren,t they .  tavex are also becoming a pain in the ( / ) as they want to do video calls and ask to see photo id

i told them i run a commadore 64 and my phone is a nokia 3210

LFTV.  live from the vault.   Spot price is immaterial. its just an illusion.

4 minutes ago, gji25 said:

bit nosey aren,t they .  tavex are also becoming a pain in the ( / ) as they want to do video calls and ask to see photo id

the only way I'd do a video call with them is if they pay me £11.50 per minute and dont ask me to do anything wierd with a cucumber.... 

It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop.

1 minute ago, Orpster said:

I visited CEX the other day, very misleading name, bunch of geeks selling crappy video games and second had tech

I actually assumed it was pronounced kex for obvious reasons. 

Nope... sex it is.

1 minute ago, Orpster said:

I visited CEX the other day, very misleading name, bunch of geeks selling crappy video games and second had tech

Their adverts piss me off, the only place you'll hear it pronounced "sex" You can tell the person is some massive nerd who thinks it's funny to say the word. 

C-E-X, also heard it pronounced Kecks, but i am not calling their shop sex. 

1 hour ago, harrygill111 said:

Perfect - cheers all. Thats £30 saved in a matter of minutes - amazing forum! 

I take you picked one up then ? 

🚩 Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/StackingUK . More content coming. Please Like & Subscribe.
Please be sure to FOLLOW me on The Silver Forum to not miss great deals or to just find that coin that got away. 

6 hours ago, James32 said:

Use a credit card to bypass the checks then pay of instantly. 

Good company, if ordering more than one.. put in notes that they wrap separately. ( they have a habit putting bigger orders in the same bag loose)

Gerrards accept credit card payments?? I did not pay attention to this. Do they add a % charge on top?

10 minutes ago, MrStacker said:

Gerrards accept credit card payments?? I did not pay attention to this. Do they add a % charge on top?

No just normal. 

I only used a credit card the first time as they wanted half my life story and I was in the mood to buy "now" not in a few hours 😆 So I don't think I've ever had to produce ID after plenty of orders ( probably because the credit card proves and matches my address)

I have to add to this if it's helpful to other members. I tried to buy this coin from Gerrards a couple of weeks ago as not many dealers seemed to be selling and they were the cheapest of the 3 that I could find. I registered as that seemed to be the way, but because I used my MRS credit card they weren't happy that the name on the website registration didn't match the credit card name. I responded to their email querying this with an explanation but didn't hear anything back. I ended up calling them and cancelling the order. 

Archived