• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Would you be happy with this 2022 SOTD coin?

Deus

14 minutes ago, Deus said:

Would you be happy with this 2022 SOTD coin? 

Absolutely, I will send you my address for postage :)

Seriously though - It looks an ideal candidate for conservation, so I would want the price of that taken into account of what I paid.  @GoldDiggerDave can likely buff out those few marks

Edited by Orpster

I’ve had loads of issues in the past with Royal Mint matte sovereigns mainly missing frosting. 

As far as I can see in the photos, it looks like a splatter mark where the coin has potentially come into contact with water/liquid 

It doesn’t look like a normal contact/wipe mark to me. 

26 minutes ago, Mtaybar said:

@Deus is this yours? if it is and you decide to get it conserved through @GoldDiggerDave seevice, could you keep us up to date with how it turns out? 

Yes please do @Deus if you do go down that road, especially if you go on to get it graded.  

9 minutes ago, Orpster said:

Yes please do @Deus if you do go down that road, especially if you go on to get it graded.  

I'm totally skint at the moment but @GoldDiggerDave was my first choice for trying to get it cleaned up and graded if he’s up for it. 
I’m not sure if it’s finger prints or if something metal has rubbed across it at the mint but it certainly stands out to my rubbish eyes and annoys me. There’s a similar smudge mark at 2 o’clock near the unicorn. 
I got it in a trade and the guy assured me it had never left the capsule which worried me when I saw this, but it’s the same person that sent me the wrong coin twice so read into that what you will. Owes me a little less the rrp write off or worth doing?

1 minute ago, Deus said:

but it’s the same person that sent me the wrong coin twice so read into that what you will. Owes me a little less the rrp write off or worth doing?

Pretty sure @GoldDiggerDave won't touch it unless he thinks he can improve. ( better sorting that out with him privately, better pics or a short video even)

I'd try to improve it if it was mine tbh. 

Maybe the seller sent you the wrong coin 3 times? 😆 

I like to buy the pre-dip dip

8 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

The 2022 Piedfort was sold on here as a coin with potential issues……… @Darr3nG will be happy, I can’t remember who he bought it off.  

Only potential issue I saw, was how much I could flip it for once Dave worked his magic! :D 

14 minutes ago, GoldDiggerDave said:

This is one thing did, and I don’t promise miracles, this had a number of copper spots loads of finger marks. I removed the copper spots, and realistically got as good a grade as the coin was ever going to get. 

The 2022 Piedfort was sold on here as a coin with potential issues……… @Darr3nG will be happy, I can’t remember who he bought it off.  

73067B76-A727-43FF-B94B-E6D14602D406.jpeg

1A064EC8-C391-4CCA-834B-AC2E5008D45C.jpeg

92A7053D-E9F1-460D-AA3F-07CF61495AEC.jpeg

5E26E112-5806-4E17-A1E6-9C6E9E90F60B.jpeg

Wow, that is very impressive. I have a spoilt proof 1/10 coin that could do with a clean too!
I will be in touch as soon as Royal Mint return the double charges for failed orders on the 2022 memorial sovereigns. 

On 17/11/2022 at 18:50, GoldDiggerDave said:

This is one I did, and I don’t promise miracles, this had a number of copper spots loads of finger marks. I removed the copper spots, and realistically got as good a grade as the coin was ever going to get. 

73067B76-A727-43FF-B94B-E6D14602D406.jpeg

1A064EC8-C391-4CCA-834B-AC2E5008D45C.jpeg

92A7053D-E9F1-460D-AA3F-07CF61495AEC.jpeg

5E26E112-5806-4E17-A1E6-9C6E9E90F60B.jpeg

Awesome restoration 

Not my circus, not my monkeys

Great job there @GoldDiggerDave

Central bankers are politicians disguised as economists or bankers. They’re either incompetent or liars. So, either way, you’re never going to get a valid answer.” - Peter Schiff

Sound money is not a guarantee of a free society, but a free society is impossible without sound money. We are currently a society enslaved by debt.

If you are a new member and want to know why we stack PMs look at this link https://www.thesilverforum.com/topic/56131-videos-of-significance/#comment-381454