• The above Banner is a Sponsored Banner.

Upgrade to Premium Membership to remove this Banner & All Google Ads. For full list of Premium Member benefits Click HERE.

• Join The Silver Forum

The Silver Forum is one of the largest and best loved silver and gold precious metals forums in the world, established since 2014. Join today for FREE! Browse the sponsor's topics (hidden to guests) for special deals and offers, check out the bargains in the members trade section and join in with our community reacting and commenting on topic posts. If you have any questions whatsoever about precious metals collecting and investing please join and start a topic and we will be here to help with our knowledge :) happy stacking/collecting. 21,000+ forum members and 1 million+ forum posts. For the latest up to date stats please see the stats in the right sidebar when browsing from desktop. Sign up for FREE to view the forum with reduced ads. 

Queens beasts or Tudor beasts

danieldorkins

My aim is to have "collectable" coins and bullion coins, currently needing to be in bullion mode, I have been adding bullion sovereigns and now a couple of Brittanias, problem is I get drawn to the more interesting coins, I am now looking at aquiring more 1oz gold coins and really fancy starting a run to satisfy the collecting urge but at the same time sticking to bullion, I am currently looking at the Queens beasts or the Tudor beasts, in your knowledgeble experiance, which of these two would you advise going for and why, I really want to keep premiums paid in check and not to find myself having to pay higher and higher premiums because certain coins are getting more and more difficult to source.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated.

I try to buy gold with my head and silver with my heart, sometimes..........I just get it wrong!

Personally speaking I would avoid the queen's beasts due to the premiums on each of the 10 coins. The Tudor beasts are new and although they command a premium I believe it's much more reasonable compared to the premiums to backdate the queen's beasts series. 

You also have to factor in the thought of when you would exit and sell the metals. Having a collection may mean you have some sentimental attachment to the coins making it difficult to let go, with standard bullion you can let go and buy again if and when needed without too much heartache. 

Atkinsons sell the whole set: https://atkinsonsbullion.com/queen-s-beasts-coins/queen-s-beasts-gold-coins/pre-owned-uk-queen-s-beasts-1oz-gold-coin-full-col

If you are fond of the QB's and willing to pay high premiums; you can still catch up. Alternatively you should look out for listings on this forum as they'll be much better priced. Quite a few QB coins get listed with sensible prices. You just have to be quick on them.

If you are deciding purely between QB and TB: I would honestly focus on TB as it is a fairly new range and still on going so easy to catch up too and collect. Enjoy whatever you decide to do! 🙂

2 hours ago, MrStacker said:

Atkinsons sell the whole set: https://atkinsonsbullion.com/queen-s-beasts-coins/queen-s-beasts-gold-coins/pre-owned-uk-queen-s-beasts-1oz-gold-coin-full-col

If you are fond of the QB's and willing to pay high premiums; you can still catch up. Alternatively you should look out for listings on this forum as they'll be much better priced. Quite a few QB coins get listed with sensible prices. You just have to be quick on them.

If you are deciding purely between QB and TB: I would honestly focus on TB as it is a fairly new range and still on going so easy to catch up too and collect. Enjoy whatever you decide to do! 🙂

Furk-a-durk..... that's a pricey meatball!!

Sequels never outperform the original so 100% QBs if you can stomach the premiums... if you want an easy life TBs.

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

5 hours ago, Tn21 said:

Having a collection may mean you have some sentimental attachment to the coins making it difficult to let go

It is possible that could work in your favour 🤔

"It might make sense just to get some in case it catches on"  - Satoshi Nakamoto 2009

"Its going to Zero" - Peter Schiff 2013

"$1,000,000,000 by 2050"  - Fidelity 2024

Thanks all for your comments and advice, all of which have been really helpful, so QB's are out (certainly in gold) and reckon I will go with TB's, must have been a magpie in a previous life - so many lovely bits of glitter around! 😊😊

I try to buy gold with my head and silver with my heart, sometimes..........I just get it wrong!

I was in same situation could not decide so plumped for going for both. Still need 3 QBs. If you shop around you can still get them at good prices, especially from fellow members on here. Yes there are some really stupid QB prices but

think of the dealer as being deluded and you will not be far wrong.

On 31/10/2022 at 12:23, Bogart said:

I was in same situation could not decide so plumped for going for both. Still need 3 QBs. If you shop around you can still get them at good prices, especially from fellow members on here. Yes there are some really stupid QB prices but

think of the dealer as being deluded and you will not be far wrong.

If they (QB) are available at reasonable premiums I would consider both as a long term project, just have to see what's around 😊

You can always try a wanted ad here. One is supposed to give a rough price of what you are willing to pay but that seems to be largely ignored. As to which to go for well if you are after nice looking it has to be QB for me.

Just compare the Lion of England in both. The QB looks majestic whereas the TB one looks well lets say less so and that is being kind.

I would go for the Tudor Beasts myself, the Queens Beasts are all out and some have hefty premiums if you want to back fill a collection.  The Tudor Beasts are just out so you are going to be able to pick them up as they are released which is going to negate any collectable premiums that have already developed like in the case of the Queens Beasts plus the Tudor Beasts will have the transition from Bettys head to Charles which gives them an added point of interest.

Of course there is always the possibilty of gold and silver prices going mental if you hold off too long in putting them together due to whatever reason so the Queens Beasts would win out in this scenario as you could put a set together without having to wait years to complete it but the way I look at the collections I am putting together is I have enough behind me to sell some in order to fund purchases if the price goes crazy high.

Edited by Scuzzle

Not sure which head I prefer looking at, maybe neither as always have reverse on show. As I said before if you look carefully and do not rush into things QBs are obtainable at not excessive premiums, if one avoids certain dealers. Keep looking on here they will pop up.